Question of The Day

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
DeathStriker

Question of The Day

Post#1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:08 pm

HISTORY / CREDIT:

The "origination" of this Thread was started by a then Playdom Forum Member C0RE (with a zero) whom is now a Member of this Forum known as CORE (with a capital 'O'). All credit for the "concept" of this Thread belongs to CORE.

On the new "Official Forum" I started this "tradition" once more when I posted the Thread found here.

New "Official" Forum Member C0RE (MOB) started a similar Thread 3 days later (which I merged with my Thread).

Since this Thread "concept" is his, here is what he posted about the "Question of The Day" Thread.

C0RE (MOB) wrote:Hey everyone!

Here on this thread, feel free to ask any question related to the game(and maybe a few that aren't if we can get away with it). Common questions, complicated questions, and things you just want peoples opinions on. Then, those who have an answer feel free to give it!

Thanks guys and have fun!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Playdom Forum Archive - Thread: Question of The Day

Feel free to view the above for Questions and Responses posted in the past which may help you start a new Question which can be a "repeat" of a previous Question if you want.

I am starting once again this Star Wars Commander Forum "tradition" here on this Forum since this "thread concept" generated lots of different questions and some interesting responses.

Please feel free to start a "New Question" any time.

Let the discussion begin...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Re: Question of The Day

Post#2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Question of The Day - Belated Response

I will go first with a "historical question" found in Thread Archive (see Post Above) on Page 29. Here is the then "question and responses:

**All Forum Names are those used on the Playdom Forum**

04-12-2016

Sweet_gingell

I do have a question of the day however:

Has anyone seen INWIIT and Death Striker in the same place at the same time? I'm calling a Clark Kent / Superman (not sure which way around) situation here...

─────────────────────────────

04-12-2016

los vega

Intriguing question. I believe INWIIT has been mentioned in a commander cast video but DS has not been yet to add fuel to the fire. I for one will say they are two separate entities only because their respective style of writing is dis-similar but that only serves to give more credence to the question. Death Striker, what say you?

04-12-2016

Sweet_gingell

The plot thickens...

04-12-2016

Itsnotwhiningifitstrue

hmmmm.... intriguing concept.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! Why cant i be an alter ego to gourmet, or DarknessRising!?!?

04-12-2016

Sweet_gingell

Hahaha, sorry INWIIT, the post was more pointing towards the fact that you both bring a lot to the forums and dig out a lot of historic data to help users.

You haven't had enough evil shredded wheat (other breakfast cereals are available) to have a Gourmet or DR alter ego. That would be like Mr J and Dr Hyde..!

Keep it up man - you're a big help in these here parts (and funny with it!).

Gingell

My "belated" response...

Both I and Itsnotwhiningifitstrue know that from "knowledge" comes "power". We also both know that with "great power" comes "great responsibility".

As the "unofficial" SWC Historians, both I and Itsnotwhiningifitstrue are trying to resurrect and maintain "historical data" that once appeared on the Playdom Forum. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we hope the Players will be able to use any information that we post from Threads in the past to help them better understand the Star Wars Commander Game.

@LosVega (Member on this Forum) - I was mentioned in Commander Cast Episode #4 which you can read about here.

Well enough about me, lets get on with more new Questions of The Day!

Post yours below...

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 pm

I have a question.

Do you think one faction has an advantage in squad wars?

Matchmaking aside (as all feel slighted to some degree) is one faction more geared toward squad war victory?
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

MarreOngla
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:19 pm

My opinion is yes. The Empire are favoured slightly. In terms of outposts, Tatooine is arguably the most important outpost for the Empire and it is the one outpost that every player in the game has access to. The outposts that benefit the rebels more are ones that you have to unlock, so less chance of you getting that boost. Also, to my knowledge the Empire vehicles that spawn have more combined health than the rebel equivalent and they do more combined damage too (at least on Tatooine anyway).

Oh and don't even start me on the fact that EATATs can be cooked in around 5 minutes, whereas Luke takes almost 10 minutes :roll: (the relevance here being that Empire players can turn around attacks faster than rebels can - without using crystals - as the EATAT is the hero of choice for most Empire players)
Marre Ongla - HQ 10 - 23.1k medals
Crix Madine - HQ 9 - 4.8k medals
SkywalkersPrideare recruiting for active, rebels on android/ios. All HQ levels & medal counts welcome. PM me for info :)

CORE
Captain

Post#5 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Death Striker,

Thank you for starting this up here. Depending on the responce to a recent post in the offical forum, my additions to this thread could become consistent. I do not want to use my time willy-nilly(<-- love that phrase by the way)

I hope to find the wandering masses of Commanders, drifting through the internet like birds with missing nests. Unsure who and what to trust, but wanting so badly to land, and to congragate with the ill-tempered and the softies alike. When I do find them, or they find myself, there I will make my questions aplenty.

Flock on my friends. And May The Force Be With You... Always.
At BrowncoatsWash, we aim to misbehave. Rebels who want to stay on top of their game are welcome to join.
Join for the fun, stay for the friendship. Promo Video Here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zFmHgiPRs

DesertPyramid
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 pm

New question for the day:

Are you winning more battles when active, or when you go offline?

Asking because I noticed if I keep the traps and Deka's repaired, I have started winning 3 to 5 battles before going under protection. It took a while. Base had to reach a critical mass before that started happening. Took a lot of upgrading...
Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10 Perks: L33
Medals: ~23k Deka/o: 25/17 Jumps: 3d/0f/0h
Game Thought: random number generator looks more like round robin to me.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:46 am

DesertPyramid wrote:New question for the day:

Are you winning more battles when active, or when you go offline?

As for me, currently on Tatooine, I seem to be winning more DEFENSIVE ATTACKS versus OFFENSIVE ATTACKS.

I am a Level 10 Rebel Commander, with a mostly Level 10 Rebel Base, which averages one or two Zero-Star Attacks before some Empire Commander succeeds in getting a 1-Star or 2-Star Attack.

On the RARE occasion, some Empire Commander gets "lucky" or maybe just throws everything including a few Jawas (just kidding - LOL) on to the battlefield and manages a 3-Star Attack.

Soon I will be changing my Base which is getting long in the tooth and showing its "age"....

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:53 am

In almost every recent conflict, you can see multiple imperial players racking up 100+ defense wins, yet not one rebel player doing so. Why? Would like facts, not just opinions.... Seems like the only way a reb can win a conflict is by devoting a week of their life to endless attacks, while a L10 imp can sit back and let their base do the work...
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

DeathStriker

Post#9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 am

New Question of The Day

With the indication from Disney Interactive (as posted here) that they are "still commited to supporting SWC with updates and new content" coupled with the eventual release of the Armory and other "new content" as discussed here the question posed to all SWC Players is:

Are You Still Excited About Star Wars Commander?

Inthethickofit
Lieutenant

Post#10 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:56 am

worried not excited
Inthethickofit in havoc_jedi & Evil Ewok in Havoc_RogueSith
Both have some medals and some bruises

Return to “General Discussions”