Heroic Defenses

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
FinrodFelagund
Major General

Heroic Defenses

Post#1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:37 pm

With the return of normal Heroic Defenses I will stop doing them again. I know the Devs (or perhaps more accurately, the Devs bosses) care nothing about our written feedback, so I will have to be content with the data derived from the game as my form of feedback; but why in the world would I commit the time, resources and risk the loss of my Dekas to receive paltry rewards like 37,500 Alloy? At least during the Rancor events if you purposely bombed it and got only a single star the reward was often 400k in Alloy or Credits. I imagine I am not the only one....
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

VileDoom
Major General

Re: Heroic Defenses

Post#2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Agreed. I started one again thinking it was still rancors but stopped immediately when I realized it reverted back to normal defenses.

Poene
Commodore

Post#3 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:33 am

I agree completely. I haven't done any heroic defenses since 2 months because I don't want to repair my droideka again and again. The loss of all my heroes I can live with because they are easily replaced....but not so with my deka.

The rewards are especially lackluster.

This feature needs a revamp or it will remain dead.

BertO
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:23 am

For those of us with non maxed reward units and a need to sleep at least once every five days heroic defences let us at least have a glimmer of hope of a unit upgrade. Even if the chances are much slimmer than those of successfully navigating an asteroid field.

I swap my active dekA with my SC so it triggers later and has a better chance of survival, or just break it on an attack murdering someone else's derp balls and SC. Win more defences with the twins down than up anyway.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Piper139
Major General

Post#5 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:48 am

Agree bert. Wish the awards were a bit better though.
Retired

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#6 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:27 am

Considering I have never gotten a Unit Upgrade from an HD, I see them as a waste of time.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

Piper139
Major General

Post#7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:07 am

Hope springs eternal. If we were smart, would we still be playing? ☺
Retired

zaxsouth
Officer

Post#8 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:25 am

My typical three-star heroic defense reward is enough alloy to cover the cost of resetting the air traps and then I'm out the cost of rebuilding the hero units and the time to rebuild droidekas. Right before I upgraded to level ten, I did better (e.g., droidekas usually survived), but it still was rarely worth it. Now that I'm on level ten, my base isn't strong enough and won't be for months, so I don't bother.

Rogue12
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Most of the level 8 and above in my squad agree HD is a waste of time and resources.

SRX23
Lieutenant

Post#10 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:04 am

BertO wrote:For those of us with non maxed reward units and a need to sleep at least once every five days heroic defences let us at least have a glimmer of hope of a unit upgrade. Even if the chances are much slimmer than those of successfully navigating an asteroid field.

I swap my active dekA with my SC so it triggers later and has a better chance of survival, or just break it on an attack murdering someone else's derp balls and SC. Win more defences with the twins down than up anyway.

I remember Dan saying on the old forum that unit upgrades were no longer obtainable in HD crates, but they had some 'exciting news' on the new ways they were planning to make them available. I havent heard of anybody getting a unit upgrade since that post.

Return to “General Discussions”