Johhargate: what can possibly be done to wake devs up??

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
FanTac
Commander

Johhargate: what can possibly be done to wake devs up??

Post#1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:08 pm

OK, I know others have complained before, but to no avail. Devs won't budge. Johhar's ridiculous powershot is still around. What can we do about this?? I have written MANY times to complain myself and I keep getting 100%ed like my base is jello! And to rebels who offer the argument that "it is fair because he is offered on both sides", well this is pure bogus! There's no way I can first unlock him on Er'Kit, let alone upgrade him to level 10!!! As others have pointed out, conflicts on Er'Kit are practically impossible to "win" (i.e. make the top 2%). And now, the "tactic" has cauht on and is used by most level 9 and 10 rebels so SCs and our squads are no use on defense. I'm part of an awesome squad, but now, it's pointless! My SC is taken out practically on every attack on my base! That this goes on is worse than pathgate, cookgate and any other gates I may have missed!!!

FanTac
Commander

Re: Johhargate: what can possibly be done to wake devs up??

Post#2 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Oh, and btw, IF I ever did unlock him and upgrade him, I would NOT use it! It is simply NOT fair! I have yet to see ANY rebel faceplant using this Johhar thing whereas the empire faceplants on a regular basis with the EATAT. Therein is the challenge of this game. But without the risk, where's the fun? This Johhar power is simply ludicrous! Wake up devs!!!

DarthMundi
Commodore

Post#3 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:24 am

Empire players need to stop doing wars and stop going to er kit. Maybe then the devs will wake up.

zaxsouth
Officer

Post#4 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:32 am

The first time I watched a replay and saw my SC and oppressor taken out by a shot from across the board, I wondered if it were not a bug because it was so ridiculous. That said, I've been watching all my defensive replays recently and it's not used that often on me (Hoth, Tatooine), so it doesn't cost me too much fun.

But it really should go. If rebels are weaker at higher levels, then maybe Luke or juggernauts could be buffed up. Or give them a new unit --- I always thought snowspeeders zipping around the map would be quite a sight. (I totally agree with the comment that even if I had this fellow at level ten myself, I wouldn't use him.)

I'll add another thing about this whole "flashlight as a nuclear bomb" thing: it's so not Star Wars. It doesn't have any basis in the physics of the Star Wars universe. It feels borrowed from the magic system of some other fantasy world. There's a lot of suspension of disbelief here already (instant medic droid healing!), but this is jarring.

FanTac
Commander

Post#5 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:02 am

I'd add that there's no need to go as wide as the Star Wars universe... It makes no sense when compared to the other units in the very game!!! There is nothing that can be done to defend against it. I just don't understand why they're letting this go. It makes no sense. They must see it in their stats by now! The fact that Luke is barely used, that strong bases get leveled no matter what, that rebels don't faceplant anymore. Please write and complain! If enough of us do it, they might wake up and smell the coffee?

Python6
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 am

The only solutions I've found is to put my dekas right on the perimeter of a corner base setup so Johar can't line them up without getting hit right away by supporting turrets. This means my dekas are now really easy to bait and die pretty much every defense, but that is better than losing them and my SC to the magic shot... The dev response that we shouldn't rely on SC for defense is just so far out there that it is hard to believe that they weren't drinking when they typed that one... I've gone to a setup that gives up one star pretty easily to take the loss and go on protection long enough to get the dekas repaired so I can use them for offense later. Not a great solution, but the only one that I've found so far to mitigate the impact the magic shot has on overall strategy.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

awesome777
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:29 am

I doubt this will be solved just because the higher levels are the only ones experiencing it. I haven't seen any special unit unlocks except the vanguard on my base, and the devs look at the data of the game on a whole, not at levels. So to them, Kessen looks fair and equal when reality its not. My solution would to make kessen unhealable, thus allowing both factions to be on equal footing.
Join Galactic Rebels for great wars and instant donations

itsnotwhiningiftruer
Cadet Trooper

Post#8 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 am

We all had our feelings on that character lol... I never got him to be as good as everyone said

geoman48
Admiral

Post#9 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:18 pm

who'd gladly deal with Johhargate to play SWC again?

Return to “General Discussions”