Troops that are kinda useless

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Warren
Squadron Leader

Re: Troops that are kinda useless

Post#21 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:16 am

I don't know about the Imps, but really the only useless units for Rebels, at least for me, are the hoover tanks, T2-B tanks, Wookies, and R2. I don't use pathfinders or the AT-DP, but that's because I haven't researched them high enough. I have heard that the Hoover tanks are great for a SC at high levels due to splash damage though.

Rebels, don't give up on the sacred Bantha. It is a very great unit. Imps, give up on the dewback, it is worthless.
Alderaan-Memory 2 Spots open, Apply Today!

syncpan77
Major General

Post#22 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:07 pm

thewrener wrote:
syncpan77 wrote: I think the Tanks are the ultimate under-powered, neglected unit.

Tanks? Underpowered? Is this in the higher levels, because the tanks are the main body of my attack force. 6 tanks will demolish even rocket farms with the help of a couple of shock troopers and darktroopers

Once you get a hold of the UMHCs you'll never look back at those tanks, I promise. Not only that but the HP of turrets goes drastically up, so much that tanks become obsolete. They can't damage anything quick enough before they're all reduced to rubble.

'Just a head's up.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

awesome777
Commodore

Post#23 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:55 am

By the looks of this thread, no unit is truly useless to everybody, because everybody has different uses for them. Even the pathfinder has a use to some people, to trip the sc or looting or however the user sees fit. Its the great thing about these games.

Like I said before, no unit is truly useless.
:D Join BrowncoatsWash for instant donations, great wars, and no drama. PM for more info. :D
HQ 8. Uncharted territory.

Mempire
Squadron Leader

Post#24 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm HQ7 emp and still regularly use 3 darks and dewbacks in my attacks along with one Gamorrean (100% bases pretty frequently especially if have droideka and some airstrikes available). What else should I be using if they suck that much? Without screen my machine troops die very quickly.

Used to think before that Han Solo is total whiny gimp but nowadays I know that he can also be very good if you just provide enough healdroids for him. Used Han Solo exclusively in my HQ5-7 rebel play and pretty much 100% every single base encountered (talk about OP levels for rebels).

Pak

Post#25 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:54 pm

At sts are really good at the beginning, but lose their use once you have unlocked at at and at do

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#26 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:40 am

Pak wrote:At sts are really good at the beginning, but lose their use once you have unlocked at at and at do

try a couple of them in squad wars when tatooine buff is on ;)

ps: can't see how atst obsolesce is related to atat and atdp. all three are copletely different units with different capabilities, algos and purposes.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

GOZER
Commodore

Post#27 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 am

I can only speak about Empire side (the Best side :D) and I find all true except for the Dewbacks. I usually carry 2 of them and I find very usefull to lure SC and in shielding.
GOZER the destructor - Proud member of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

geoman48
Major General

Post#28 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:50 am

awesome777 wrote:By the looks of this thread, no unit is truly useless to everybody, because everybody has different uses for them. Even the pathfinder has a use to some people, to trip the sc or looting or however the user sees fit. Its the great thing about these games.

Like I said before, no unit is truly useless.

Pathfinders are great when you have to deploy 720 of them for a crate. :P Otherwise, completely useless to me since I have L8 AT-RT which is far superior at looting.

In terms of heros, in one of my squads, I had a newbie that was devoted to using R2D2. I couldn't believe it. He was actually effectively using R2D2 not just for a crate. I watched a few replays where he'd win 100%. I didn't have the heart to tell him that R2D2 wasn't helping him win at all (barely heals the jug at all before turrets pick R2D2 off), but he was basically good enough that he didn't need a hero to win 100%. Or he was attacking low level imps. Pick your Poison.

ZhugeLiang
Cadet Trooper

Post#29 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:54 am

All units are useful, as long as it fits to your strategy.

I heard many people saying royal guard, dewback and tank are useless (Empire side). However, if you combine those 3 together, adding a bit of stormtroopers, you would have a great force to deal with all kind of base.
Nothing is impossible, unless you are too lazy to go for it.

Pirate
Major General

Post#30 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:22 am

ZhugeLiang wrote:I heard many people saying royal guard, dewback and tank are useless (Empire side). However, if you combine those 3 together, adding a bit of stormtroopers, you would have a great force to deal with all kind of base.

The usefulness of different troops varies greatly depending on HQ level. That may be a great combo at level 4 or 5 but it won't be effective at higher levels. Also, any SC troops or dekas would chew threw that load pretty fast.

I can find a reason to use just about every unit between PvP or squad wars except for AT-MP or AT-MP mk3. Man I hate those things.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “General Discussions”