how to manage a good squad?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
srx600
Commander

how to manage a good squad?

Post#1 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:47 am

Hi all
What's the best way to rate a squad?
1/ why would you kick members out
2/ when would you promote members
3/How do you determine that you in a good squad
Cheers

RebelYell
Admiral

Re: how to manage a good squad?

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:00 am

1/
Main Reason: Inactivity. The new squad view (android/ios) now thankfully provides a "Last Activity" Field which helps much. Before one had two continuously watch the medals/donate/receive of the squad members.
Squad members can announce in the chat when they`re away for a longer period. But when they don't they won't last longer than 3-4 weeks.

Second Reason: A squad member becomes unbearable because:
- It continues to donate wrong units despite being told no to do so.
- It uses the chat to bully the squad/members or behaves in other ways wrong despite being told not to do so

2/ I'm not squad leader (yet) so that is more theoretically.
#1 Officers can remove members. If you need some help, maintaining your squad "fresh" Officers can be of help. Especially when you're away. But you also need to trust in the Officer because it can empty your squad if he/she wants.
#2 You can use the Officer status as reward. For gained medals per week or donation per week/ratios. (Keep "trust" in mind though)
The downside of #2 is that you will also have to demote members.

3/
#1 Watch the "Last activity". Many inactive members may mean a badly maintained squad.
#2 Watch the chat. Friendly atmosphere, cheerful messages, lively. (If the squad uses other chat tools like LINE then look there)
#3 How long do you wait for donations? It is what you expect from a squad?

A squad should add to the motivation to keep on playing this game. Donations are helpful but if you begin to feel at home in the squad and can contribute to or benefit from the hints, tips or funny aspects of the game. A squad should cheer you up when you've just lost 5 attacks in a row. A squad should provide helpful tips for you base layout when you are constantly losing your defenses.

There are competitive squads which will usually only tolerate player who spend much time and effort in the game. And there are casual squads which also welcome players with low medal counts and maybe a bit lower activity (but not necessarily).
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Tomahawk
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:05 pm

1 - inactivity. Your medal count = 0, you haven't donated or received troops, and you're at the bottom of the active list. Or perhaps, if your stats go as follows:
Troops donated: 25
Troops received: 450
--> That stat tells me you're a selfish person who doesn't want to help.

2 - I was promoted to officer because I was active, and my stats currently are:
Troops received: 300
Troops donated: 900
Medal count: 1400

I've also taught my boys what units are good to send, and which ones aren't. (wookies are garbage at level 5+)

3 - Look at medals obtained, activity, and troops received/donated. Higher numbers good, low numbers bad.

srx600
Commander

Post#4 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Thank you for your posts!
My current status.
Troops received: 360
Troops donated: 766
Medals:1157
A won:80
D won:70
Now officer