Elite AT-AT issue

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
jesus182
Storm Trooper

Elite AT-AT issue

Post#1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 am

Hi everyone.

I'm playing on the Empire side and a few days ago I reached lvl 5 HQ. Upgrading my buildings I got access do the Elite AT-AT. I played just a few matches with it, and it's very nice. Due to many problems I can't keep playing during this last days.

Today I got a new phone and started to play again. Got my old base from facebook and everything.

Trained some troops and ran into some pvp attacks, so I saw this occur to my Elite AT-AT.

It just don't attack (except for a few times). It just go straight to the shield (I know, it's intended to do this), but if the shield is't on your range, it glithces and do not walk or destroy any near buildings. Them it only go further if the shield that it is already targeting (and doing nothing) is destroyed, so it goes to another shield and stuck again, and again, and again.

I tried 5 different matches, in all those the Elite AT-AT got stuck and did nothing.

Does anyone here is suffering with this same issue?

jesus182
Storm Trooper

Re: Elite AT-AT issue

Post#2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:36 am

Searching on another foruns to see if anyone have the same issue I found this:

https://www.playdomforums.com/showthrea ... lite-At-At

This is what happened to me (not my atack, but the same issue):

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7f8dffff ... xZO2XoI0CY

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#3 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 am

I guess that you`re using a windows device.

The windows version is always a bit behind the android/IOS version. The the android/IOS errors are newer. ;-)

IIRC there was some info that a windows update is expected somewhere in may.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

jesus182
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:49 am

Yes, I saw something about it. This is a Win Phone related problem. The hotfix will, propably, come at May, with the new lvl 9 HQ and stuff.

boonip
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:09 pm

I play the Rebel side of the game, i can say that without a doubt i think i chosen the wrong side. No matter what the Elite AT-AT is just too powerful! I swear they fire at your shields once and your done It isn't fair! The empire side complains about the repair droids but both sides have repair droids do they not? The rebels don't seem to have the power of the Elite AT-AT even if you were to research the Juggernaut to level 8! I wish there was something they could do about it. Also the research and upgrade times are simply to lengthy! I'm tellin you it just takes too much time to build and if you want to compete you gotta spend loads of cash to do so I'M NOT TRYING TO BECOME A WALLET WARRIOR! lol

Tomahawk
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

boonip, I was complaining about the AT-AT too before. One guy deployed 3 walkers to my base and it got raided hard.

I made some adjustments, did some studying on the database. BAM! Last replay, 3 walkers got taken down, and 1 shield generator remained. So awesome.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#7 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 am

Boonip,
the Elite AT-AT surely is powerful. It sounds funny, but the Juggernaut is (in the numbers) even more effective against shields but has less range.

There are base designs that deal better with the eAT-AT (Joes). When the eAT-AT began to fire at the shields edge and to crunch walls many rebel bases began to adapt. Walls are much less important now. They're mostly scattered to limit the deployment zones. Rather successful base designs often split the base and shield generators in 3 parts. Put them in three corners and maybe put some turrets also the middle (without SG).

Another base design (see here: http://i.imgur.com/82qHtM6.png ) is more concentrated. It is called BoS after the name of a player which used it with success and showed it to the disney playdom forum.

I use that design currently. I sometimes win, when the SC is filled with Skiffs. And I win a bit more when the droideka is also up. Winning to often is too costly on resources so I'm ok like it is currently.

Skiffs in the SC are a bit vulnerable to air strikes but 4 of them bring an eAT-AT down quite quickly. Often faster than the attacker can use VT-49 Decimators or a droideka on them. Even if it has some repair droids attached.

A Juggernaut (i.e. + sniper) in the SC is much more robust. But one Juggernaut can't bring down an eAT-AT if multiple repair droids are attached. (Or it takes very long.)
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Return to “General Discussions”