How do you get contraband?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.
Cluv612

How do you get contraband?

Post#1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Just wondering how you obtain the new currency contraband the game doesn't explain whatsoever and when I attack others they don't have it either

Drake
Cadet Trooper

Re: How do you get contraband?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:41 pm

Surprised no one has replied to this yet.

You have to build a trade post and then a small percentage of of winnings gets added to your storage as contraband, from what I have been told.

annoyingly you can build storage before tradepost and that at level 7 minimum!!

What is the point on building something that is useless at base levels below its required counterpart. Very bad game design in my opinion.

you can ofcourse just use gems to buy and upgrade the droideka platform ( the whole reason for the storage and tradepost) but that will quickly cost real cash...

I think this addition needs a re-think so that players like me dont have a building that is useless to them at levels below 7..

raptor
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Disney probably design it intentionally to incentivize people to spend credit.

The Contraband Safehouse can be built at HQ 6.
The Droideka Sentinel Platform can be built at HQ 6 also, but requires 12,000 Contraband.
You acquire Contraband at HQ7, by building the Contraband Trade Port. (or purchase the Contraband using Crystals.)

I imagine, a lot of people are camping at HQ 6 because there is very few units/Transports to gain after HQ6. This is also an attempt to get more people to upgrade. Worked for me.

Here's a video on the dialog when you begin to build the Contraband Safehouse
http://youtu.be/xCwTP01cnjA

Wease
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for the explanation!

Jayven
Cadet Trooper

Post#5 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Very helpful thanks!

raptor
Major General

Post#6 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:30 pm

At HQ7 you can build Contraband Trade Port with 810k credit. 810k credit also requires upgrade of at least one credit vault. Here's what it looks like when you begin building the Contraband Trade Port.

http://youtu.be/DBq6Cv0gezY

Charles

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:59 pm

raptor wrote:At HQ7 you can build Contraband Trade Port with 810k credit. 810k credit also requires upgrade of at least one credit vault. Here's what it looks like when you begin building the Contraband Trade Port.

http://youtu.be/DBq6Cv0gezY

What is contraband used for?

raptor
Major General

Post#8 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 am

It allows you to build the Droideka Sentinel Platform, which house the Droideka Sentinel. It' basically another unit you can use during attacks. More importantly, it's a very speedy unit you can use on defense. Its attack is actually pretty strong so it does well on defense as long as it's not being targeted.

My guest the unit is meant to discourage the mass troops/stormies attacks where the attacker spreads troops around the base. Those attacks had a very high 1 star rate.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:06 am

I am on early HQ Level 7. I've heard that the matchmaking has been changed somehow yesterday. During the tournament I now relatively often found bases with 400-600 sometimes with near or above 1000.

Building a TradePort won't help much when collecting contraband for a droideka. You will soon lose more cb than it can produce. But you contribute at least some CB to the "economy". Contraband doesn't come out of nothing. :-)
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

raptor
Major General

Post#10 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Definitely need some more CB on the empire side - for us Rebels to steal. :)

Return to “General Discussions”