Poll: Do you command both an Empire and a Rebel base?

General topics, questions, suggestions, bugs, or anything Star Wars Commander related.

Poll: Do you command both a Empire and Rebel base?

Uni-Commander (only play on 1 account)
49%
Bi-Commander (2 accounts, one Empire and one Rebel)
33%
Di-Commander (2 accounts on the same side)
8%
Poly-Commander (play on 3 or more accounts)
10%
Total votes: 443

DarthHappy
Storm Trooper

Re: Poll: Do you command both an Empire and a Rebel base?

Post#21 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:54 am

Is there any way to play multiple accounts on Windows with the same device? I would love to start up with an Imp base from scratch, but I don't want to lose my rebel base.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#22 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:55 am

DarthHappy wrote:Is there any way to play multiple accounts on Windows with the same device? I would love to start up with an Imp base from scratch, but I don't want to lose my rebel base.

Yes, indeed. Your link to the base is stored in file called playerprefs.dat under C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Packages\Disney.StarWarsCommander_****\LocalState\. First of all I recommend to copy it to a safe place (I keep mines in Google Drive).

To start a new base you just remove playerprefs.dat from the folder (or rename it) and start the application. It will lead you through tutorial and suggest to either choose a side or login via FB. Choose your faction and callsign and copy your new playerprefs.dat to the safe place along with the old one.

To switch to a desired base you just put the corresponding playerprefs.dat file in LocalState folder and restart the game.

Here's how it works for me. A bit geeky way but actually saves time on switching files.

I have 2 bases: Sigma and Epsilon. I keep playerprefs_Sigma.dat and playerprefs_Epsilon.dat in Google drive as backup measure in case something happens with my hard drive or I messup my local files. In LocalState folder I keep playerprefs_Sigma.dat, playerprefs_Epsilon.dat and actual playerprefs.dat - the file currently in use.
There are two .bat files on my desktop:

Sigma.bat:

Code: Select all

taskkill /im commander.exe /f
cd C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Packages\Disney.StarWarsCommander_****\LocalState\
copy /Y playerprefs_Sigma.dat playerprefs.dat

Epsilon.bat:

Code: Select all

taskkill /im commander.exe /f
cd C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Packages\Disney.StarWarsCommander_****\LocalState\
copy /Y playerprefs_Epsilon.dat playerprefs.dat

I would make them start the app instantly but SWC is a Metro App and can't be started like a normal .exe file. Some additional research needed on this matter but I'm too lazy. Instead I have SWC app pinned to taskbar so that I double-click a .bat file to switch my base and then click SWC icon to start the game.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Dolphin75
Captain

Post#23 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 am

It's relatively easy to play multiple accounts on one device, or have the same account on multiple devices with either iOS or android devices. On iOS, simply log into the Game Center account for the base you desire to access. On android, log into the Google play account. When starting play on a new device, you must play through the point of choosing sides before logging into the existing account. More detailed instructions are posted elsewhere. Just be careful not to overwrite the existing base!

HerkMulligan
Squadron Leader

Post#24 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:35 pm

2 devices 2 accounts 2 different OS

Zcookie49
Cadet Trooper

Post#25 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:58 pm

I have my Main Base (Empire) which also has Dual Flexibility in which I also have a Rebel account under my same GameCenter ID. ... the problem with this is you can't get nothing done on the other side. When you switch sides to Rebel, everything on my Empire side ceases. That is, all upgrades, resources and repairs freeze. But you still can get attacked while you're away. Also there is a Glitch. When you are attacked while you're playing the other Faction, when you come back to the past Faction that was just attacked, your resource buildings will Not produce again until you are attacked again and you remain logged onto the Faction.

That being said, I have a 2nd Empire Base on a Droid tablet, I manage my daughters Empire Base and manage my Sons Empire Base (they've lost interest kinda). I've let go 2 other Rebel bases I had on Wife's platforms. So I was up to 7 at one point... now I'm down to 5. Basically 1 Dual account. The other 3 I just do daily collections, donate troops to Squad and use for Squad Wars when needed.

Raidrax
Commander

Post#26 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 am

I only have one Empire base, no Rebel account. I don't see how you could do more than one, I'd forget important things that I needed to do in each one!!
Part of the squad known as KingsKrown! Squad lvl 33
Join the Awesomeness, and crush the Rebellion!

Raidrax
Commander

Post#27 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:53 am

Zcookie49 wrote:I have a 2nd Empire Base on a Droid tablet, I manage my daughters Empire Base and manage my Sons Empire Base (they've lost interest kinda). I've let go 2 other Rebel bases I had on Wife's platforms. So I was up to 7 at one point... now I'm down to 5. Basically 1 Dual account. The other 3 I just do daily collections, donate troops to Squad and use for Squad Wars when needed.

Wow, how do you keep up with all of that?! :o I know I couldn't!
Part of the squad known as KingsKrown! Squad lvl 33
Join the Awesomeness, and crush the Rebellion!

AnCap
Lieutenant

Post#28 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:53 pm

I have 8 rebel bases and two empire bases. All 8 rebel bases are on different devices and one of my empire bases is part of the old dual factions they had going a long time ago. The other empire is on a android tablet that allows for multiple accounts so I have a empire and rebel on that tablet.

Thoth
Storm Trooper

Post#29 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:03 am

Just the one Empire account... No time for more...
WarMachine

Return to “General Discussions”