Implemented New Anti Spam Measure

Forum announcements and game play updates.
commander
Site Admin

Implemented New Anti Spam Measure

Post#1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:16 pm

The CAPTCHA will now require you to answer a simple question about the Star Wars movies. I'm told this is a more effective CAPTCHA than the google image match system. If you do not know the answer, a simply search should do the trick. Thanks everyone for helping us through these times.

CrashSw
Storm Trooper

Re: Implemented New Anti Spam Measure

Post#2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Might want to provide some sort of clue as to the answer for the name of the Episode 7 movie. I tried several variations on the name from Star Wars: The Force Awakens to just The Force Awakens to Episode 7 The Force Awakens to Episode VII and none of them worked. Finally after about 20 attempts of the same question it gave me the C3PO color question and I guessed gold. After several more attempts, I got the C3PO question again and got it with Gold. Kind of a pain to have to try so many times.

commander
Site Admin

Re: Implemented New Anti Spam Measure

Post#3 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks for the tip. Trying to make the questions harder because these spambots are so persistent!

That said, "yellow" and "gold" are both acceptable answers for C3PO and the check is case insensitive. "The Force Awakens" is the name of episode 7 also case insensitive. If anyone else is having trouble, please let me know!

Return to “Announcements”