New Medal Count Restrictions as of Oct 15 2014

Forum announcements and game play updates.
commander
Site Admin

New Medal Count Restrictions as of Oct 15 2014

Post#1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Around 6pm today, Disney implemented the follow restrictions to everyone's medal counts.

• You cannot have a medal count higher than than 5x your base score. Once you have reached this limit, any additional medals won will not be credited to your account. (To earn more medals, you can upgrade your base to get a higher base score.)
  • You cannot have a medal count higher than 20x your number of successful attacks. Note that defenses are not counted in this calculation, and this is intentional! As in #1 above, once you have reached this limit, any additional medals won will not be credited to your account.
  • Your total medal contribution from successful defenses cannot exceed your medal contribution from successful attacks. However, additional medals that exceed this cap are not lost unless they exceeded one of the other two caps. Instead, they are "banked" and will be added to your total medal score as you win attacks in the future.

Darion
Cadet Trooper

Re: New Medal Count Restrictions

Post#2 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:15 am

Hello. Someone may want to take a look at the indivdual leaders boards and medal count? Some of them don't even come close to making a bit of sense. Zero attacks, 2000 defenses, bit better than 200 base rating = 6000+ medals. My situation, Five winning attacks on the log, 14 winning defense on log, base rating 663, had 700ish medals now have 56.

Look, if thats the way the game is going to roll i'm good with it but maybe a bit of fairness is in order, or better explanation of how this was done/implimented.

Good game on concept/ vehicles, slow, donation glitches and reworked to reward attackers but lacks consistancy. Overall like the general game play but with many other options it fighting for limited time in my small gaming schedule.

Good Day!

PC

commander
Site Admin

Re: New Medal Count Restrictions as of Oct 15 2014

Post#3 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Thoughts on the new medal count caps...

First the issue:

For most players, the ultimate goal of the game is to gain medals and rise up the leader board. Upgrading base score (attack or defense) is only a means to get a better army/defense in order to win more attacks/defenses so he can gain more medals. While for most players, the lopsided medals awards of +2/-50 for win/loss seem ridiculous, it is even more unfair to cap accomplishments simply because of the players base score. (which can be manipulated by spending in real dollars). I hope this is not Disney's goal.

If a level 4 player successfully defends against a a level 7 player, this a product of 2 reasons
1. the level 4 player's defensive setup is superior, or
2. the level 7 player's attacking strategy is inferior

In either case, the victor should be awarded and the loser need to be demoted. Capping a player's award as a function of his base score is simply unfair and discourages competition.

Enforcing a cap is similar to government quota and discourages fair competition. Since the the cap is only a function of the number of a successful attacks and disregards the number of failed defenses or attacks, this caps only serve to protect players who has invested a lot into their bases upgrades or time battling, rather the quality of their results.

The solution:

1. Let medal counts be directly tied to a player's ELO points. The ELO ranking system is widely used across international football, chess, and eSports community. It has proven to be a good indicator of a player's relative strength. Medal counts can decay over time to discourage inactivity.

2. Pairing should be based primarily on medal counts rather than base score. I'm not familiar with Disney's exactly formula, but this should alleviate the lopsided +2/-50 awards ratio observed by most high level players. In most cases, 2 players with similar medals counts should expect to see a even +25/-25 win/loss ratio.

commander
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Darion, we agree with your observation. Seems these players have relatively strong defense setup for their base score, which was how they were able to gain so many medals from defense. Seems they are never pair against stronger opponents due to their low base score. Disney should allow players with similarly high medal counts (regardless of their base level) to attack these players, which will naturally balance out the leaderboard.

Darion wrote:Hello. Someone may want to take a look at the indivdual leaders boards and medal count? Some of them don't even come close to making a bit of sense. Zero attacks, 2000 defenses, bit better than 200 base rating = 6000+ medals. My situation, Five winning attacks on the log, 14 winning defense on log, base rating 663, had 700ish medals now have 56.

Look, if thats the way the game is going to roll i'm good with it but maybe a bit of fairness is in order, or better explanation of how this was done/implimented.

Good game on concept/ vehicles, slow, donation glitches and reworked to reward attackers but lacks consistancy. Overall like the general game play but with many other options it fighting for limited time in my small gaming schedule.

Good Day!

PC

eclampsium
Major General

Post#5 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:44 pm

[quote="commander"]Darion, we agree with your observation. Seems these players have relatively strong defense setup for their base score, which was how they were able to gain so many medals from defense. Seems they are never pair against stronger opponents due to their low base score. Disney should allow players with similarly high medal counts (regardless of their base level) to attack these players, which will naturally balance out the leaderboard.

[/quote][/quote]

that would be intelligent.
I think something like that is already implemented. When i was going from base 5 to 6, there was a conflict for crystals going on on tatooine... I stayed online smashing the opponents for something like 4 hours. i didn't let anyone attack me and i just made troops, attacked, made troops, atacked, until i was in the 1%. i had just bought a lv1 droideka. when i shut down, in the next minutes i was attacked by a huge opponet force with a droideka sentinel lv 23 + Droideka opressor lv9 (wich i did not even knew about at the time) and Darth Vader in person (wich never had appeared to me at that time). I had upped my medal count too fast in one day, a bit too high for my early lv6 base, and then i the game gave me a humiliating "STOP"!

Return to “Announcements”