Welcome All from Playdom Forum

Forum announcements and game play updates.
commander
Site Admin

Welcome All from Playdom Forum

Post#1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Thanks to everyone for making this their go to forum now. I especially appreciate your efforts to spread the word about this forum. As a reminder, this is the UNOFFICIAL Star Wars Commander Forum Site. On this site, you are permitted to say nearly anything, as long as you are not offending other members or creating unnecessary spam. This is the reason this site was originally founded nearly 2 years ago.

As a start, I have created a 2 new sub-forums to replace the original forum:
1. Bugs and Glitches
2. Suggestions and Feedback

I see there are already several suggestions to make this forum better. Please keep the ideas coming.

In addition, a new sub-forum dedicated to PvP Events will be created if there is enough interested. Please vote your interest on this thread.

Lastly, I'm also looking for programming help if anyone is proficient in PHPBB. I'm just a guy with a full time job with a new born who really enjoy this game running this site on my own. Not sure where I want to go with this yet, but any help is appreciated.

Appreciate everyone's support over the years. Looking forward to building a fun and useful forum for all Star Wars Commander fans. RIP Playdom.

Your Commander, and may the force be with you.

DeathStriker

Re: Welcome All from Playdom Forum

Post#2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:31 am

commander - Thanks for making us former Members of the now retired Playdom Forum welcome.

Over this weekend I will put on my thinking cap and provide you with ideas to improve this Forum.

Until then - thanks for maintaining this Website / Forum for a long as you have and alway remember - Family comes first!

awesome777
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:13 am

This is a great forum, but I do have issue wit it.
On mobile the forum doesn't scale properly, leaving half the screenn empty. Would love this to get fixed, and overall be more friendly on mobile. That is all really, this forum, like I said, is sweet!!

awesome777
Commodore

Post#4 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:21 am

(I cant edit my post for some reason so bear with me)

Add a way to automatically subscribe to topic as I heavily used this feature on Playdom. Thanks

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:44 am

Post any "ideas" and "suggestions" on how to improve this Forum in the new Thread found here:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=17843

Keeping Everyone Informed...

mhahse57
Cadet Trooper

Post#6 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:20 am

Greetings! I am on Skype with my teammates. We are discussing the game load fail that is occurring as I type this.

I will see if anyone in my squad is proficient in PHPBB and get back to you.

This forum looks very nice. Are you primarily a group who play Android/IOS, or Windows game? I have bases for both systems but only play my Rebel base on Windows.

awesome777
Commodore

Post#7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:54 am

mhase, it looks like it is more geared towards ios/android, but there is definitely loads of windows topics

mhahse57
Cadet Trooper

Post#8 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 am

[quote="awesome777"]mhase, it looks like it is more geared towards ios/android, but there is definitely loads of windows topics[/quote]

Hi, awesome777! It is nice to see some familiar names from the old Playdom forum!

Yes: My issue is with my Windows game, true. Can I assume from your reply that Droid/IOS game is also having this "game locks up on Squad Wars Rewards Collection screen" issue?

We are unable to collect Squad Wars prizes. Two of my officers in bubbakills have filed tickets with Disney. I will browse around here and continue to familiarize myself with this site's layout and discussion threads.

Thanks for the reply!

awesome777
Commodore

Post#9 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 am

No, ios/android is relatively stable compared to windows. Heck, I cant even download the update on my lumia both the sale one and the other one. Its pretty sad how I cant even log on to see my base :(. But maybe one day windows will be cared about, but at the moment it is clearly being pushed away

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:18 pm

EVERYONE;

This Forum is for BOTH iOS/Android and Windows Players. Changes are in the works to make this Forum more "inclusive" than "exclusive".

ATTENTION ALL PLAYDOM FORUM VETS!

This Forum has a whole dedicated - Squads Center - where you:

▸ Can post "Squad Recruitment Ads" for both Factions for both iOS/Android and Windows
▸ Can in the - Private Squad Center - set up a PRIVATE SQUAD CHAT AREA just for your Squad Only!
▸ Can in the - Squads Showcase - show off your squad's achievements.

Be sure to visit this Forums Squads Center which is a vast improvement over what we had on the Playdom Forum.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Return to “Announcements”