Game Update 2/25/2015 - AT AT fix!

Forum announcements and game play updates.
Langedemort
Storm Trooper

Re: Game Update 2/25/2015 - AT AT fix!

Post#11 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 pm

The Game flip flops, it's gotta be aggravating for the devs but the point is the addition of Traps (which are useless) and the Droiddikka (which is also Useless). I mean lets work on the problems there already are not add new things in. Yesterday I got attacked with 10 support units and a walker Elite. So what's the difference if my heavy's and meds are attacking or your elite is attacking with 10 support droids?

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#12 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 pm

nothing. atat is too good atm. i think it needs a nerf

Langedemort
Storm Trooper

Post#13 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:29 pm

How about we fix the Juggernaut now?

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#14 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:34 pm

disclaimer: my responses here are not combative.

whats wrong with it. having been on the receiving end of them, they seem to work fine. they seemed to be working under the same code the atat was, but they can move 3x faster so they still get their job done. last enemy i was attacked by that used them used 2 juggernaughts to take down all my shields. yes they got themselves killed but thats because i built my base tondraw them in, the same way rebels would exploit the same rules for the atat. it just works better for the rebels since its a fast vehicle

Langedemort
Storm Trooper

Post#15 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:44 pm

[quote="NogginToboggan"]alternately, keeping the same health of the medics but making them heal about 2/3 of what they currently do would be acceptable. anything to keep a single medic droid from allowing a troop to tank any 1 turret alone[/quote]
I would agree with this fix. Due to balance in the game this is the most reasonable fix

Langedemort
Storm Trooper

Post#16 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:47 pm

I know your not being combative in this. It's just a discussion and I'm presenting my point of view as are you. The problem with the Juggernauts now is they don't seem to be doing what they used to now the just act stupid.

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#17 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:08 pm

it seems like the pathing code for large units updated at 2/2/15 made it so if a unit has a target priority (like shields and turrets) the unit will hold fire until it has a direct line on the target or its path is blocked from getting to it at all. so if buildings completely block all paths to the shield, it will kill a building to get there. if there is an open path to it, it will travel the path until it has a straight shot. same code was for the atat.

btruo292
Cadet Trooper

Post#18 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm

If it is possible, perhaps you guys should change the range or the speed of the AT-DP. When I am using it to defend a base, the unit can get easily sniped by snipers because of it's slow speed and inferior range to the rebel sniper making the unit useless against those units and the fact that rebel snipers are becoming popular because of awareness of the droideka sentinel and it's not bad enough that they use snipers with medical droids. As for attacking, the unit can be easily be taken down as it's slow speed and bad range makes the rocket turrets outrange and cause massive damage to them only allowing a few buildings to be destroyed by them before they are taken down. What I am saying is that the speed of the AT-DP should be nerfed to two or that it's range gets increased because it is ridiculous on how the unit functions making it vulnerable to striker units and rocket turrets/burst turrets and if you look at the AT-DP in Star Wars Rebels and compare it to the AT-DP in-game, you can see a major difference in it's speed.

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#19 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 am

maybe there was a change to medic droids because I am doing a ton better than i was a week ago on defense

analphisto
Storm Trooper

Post#20 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 am

I think beforw the patch the elite at-at was too strong, now, the rebels are in a huge advantage. The short version is: Majority of turrets focus infantry, and turrets almost never target medics directly because rebel offense is mostly all infantry.

In more detail, the issue IMHO is that medics allow strikers to bruise. There is no such synergy in imperial units. The best bet to defend against rebels are mortars, for the simple reason to get rid of the medics, because before that, strikers will not die, often being at full health whenever attacking something new. That makes defending against rebels somehow skewed. If the attacker uses a nice micro strategy to distract turrets, one missed mortar strike is enough to have the damage dealers at 100% health again...

Same works for imperium, but not nearly as effective and/or at much higher cost. There is no vehicle that effectively tanks missiles. Remember that most turrets target infantry, attacking the medics directly PLUS the anyway present mortar splash. Thus, imperials need to deploy additional infantry bruisers, preferably at another side to drive away mortar splash but at the cost of entering "fresh" turrets, to distract. Remember that inf bruisers cannot be healed, die fast, and take some space.

In the end, i feel that balance issues can be resolved by some unit space- and fav target modifications, not addressing here the somewhat solved at-at issues, that back in the days, made the rebel defense clmpletely worthless (since less to no bruisers were needed)...

Return to “Announcements”