This update brings a new set of missions to each side (Chapter 10) and hints of a halloween themed campaign to be released later. Each side also gains a new Hero, although Windows players have already had a chance to test the new Units.
Full Details from App Store:
New content and improved performance now available in the latest update!
Check out these new features:
• Chapter 10 now available! Entice Senator Johhar Kessen to join your faction!
• Beware of Death Troopers! Dandoran will get a little spooky in Campaign #3: The Sickness—coming soon for Halloween!
• Prove you’re worthy of your faction in the upcoming Tournament. This PvP feature will be available soon!
• New Empire Units: Slice your way through infantry with the Royal Guard hero and deal massive damage to turrets with the TIE Defender!
• New Rebel Units: Repair battered vehicles with the helpful R2-D2 hero unit and take out shields easily with B-wing strikes!
New for iOS 8 Users—Get updates in the Today panel in Notification Center when troops are finished training and resources are ready for collection! Follow these steps to turn on the widget:
• Unlock your phone and pull down the Notification Center.
• Tap the “Edit” button at the bottom of the screen.
• Select Star Wars: Commander to get updates and launch the game directly from the Today panel.
Improvements and Fixes:
• Updates to PVP matchmaking that take HQ levels into account and prevent players from being attacked too frequently.
• Improvements to the Squad Troops Donation feature.
• Healer Class units no longer change targets.
• Fixed issues with progress saving, Facebook login, and notifications.