Benefit of Recruiting Lower Level Players?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
eyeguy72

Benefit of Recruiting Lower Level Players?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:01 am

Hi! :D

I've been searching to see if there is any benefit to having very low level players as squadmates. I'm thinking this helps in getting more balanced, or even easier, match ups in wars.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Fathom
Republic501 A rebel squad
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

FelixKostobi
Captain

Re: Benefit of recruiting lower level players?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:01 am

We all have been low level players at some point. Someone has to train them and maybe they will become great high level players later. But as for your question, you may get some easier matches in wars if you carry some low level players but not for certain if you have a lot of lvl10s imo.
HQ10 Rebel only, 70k medals and counting, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

http://ksod.us/squad/0c200967-cf87-11e7-a9d4-0a580a2c1020/history

LINE ID : fcostov

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 am

FelixKostobi wrote:We all have been low level players at some point. Someone has to train them and maybe they will become great high level players later. But as for your question, you may get some easier matches in wars if you carry some low level players but not for certain if you have a lot of lvl10s imo.

This.

Hundreds of new players start bases everyday. About 80% leave the game in just a few days. They install the game, they try the game, they don't like the game and uninstall the game, but their bases will be there on servers and squads for a while helping the game to run.

The harder for a newbie is to find squads that accept him, many squads don't, just because they are newbies or can ruin their war defenses sending banthas or wookies. Great squads and veterans that could help new players also don't do, because they are too proud to have their squads full of HQs 2 and 3, or don't have patience to say rules, give tips/advices everytime someone new in the game joins their squads.

Newbies make the game running while they create large activity when joining the squads and some of them are ingenuous to put money in the game to buy crystals for some upgrades before realizing the damage... But they don't get any help from Disney beyond some stupid tutorial, neither support from the most of old players.

Disney should help new players to keep in the game with some better rewards for low levels, and fast upgrades, and more squads should open their gates to newbies dropping medals to ZERO to join. These players get bored fast when they see no one is going to help them and give up in a few days. There's a lot of game more easy to have progress and understand than SWC out there. They just move on.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 am

FelixKostobi wrote:We all have been low level players at some point. Someone has to train them and maybe they will become great high level players later. But as for your question, you may get some easier matches in wars if you carry some low level players but not for certain if you have a lot of lvl10s imo.

Hey ... I know that guy ...

Felix is right, we were all lower level guys at some point. One of my best recruits was someone I found on here way back when he was a lower level lower medal guy.

Now, he is as important to The Mob as any member. Sometimes you can just tell, this guy gets it ... and then you just have to wait a short bit before they eagerly catch up.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Cleric
Squadron Leader

Re: Benefit of Recruiting Lower Level Players?

Post#5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:02 am

mkenobi wrote:Newbies make the game running while they create large activity when joining the squads and some of them are ingenuous to put money in the game to buy crystals for some upgrades before realizing the damage... But they don't get any help from Disney beyond some stupid tutorial, neither support from the most of old players.

Yes! I totally agree with what you said there. There are many potentially great players who give up because many squads are too proud and/or lazy to deal with newbies.

BB8_Resistance keeps our squad at 0 medals required but stay Request Only most of the time. Here's how it works:

Step 1: I open the squad after a squad war. This timing prevents bad donations to war requests as we can at least communicate our rules before the next war. It doesn't take long for the squad to fill up. As newbies join we welcome them, state a couple of our rules and direct them to our discord server. Once full I put the squad back to Request Only.

Step 2: Many of the newbies break rules, particularly donation rules, immediately out of ignorance. We are lenient but remind them of the rules. We encourage them to join Discord as that is where we have discussions about the game and strategize our wars. We spout off the standard advice about keeping bases evenly leveled etc.

Step 3: As this goes on some newbies go inactive. As per our squad rules members are removed after 10 days inactivity without communication. Occasionally some will be kicked for persistent rule breaking. Others make the cut and become good members.

Step 4: 10 days or so after the last newbie joined and inactives have been removed we start all over by opening the squad after a war.

Sometimes it feels tedious and bad donations are frustrating, but everyone deserves a chance to have fun playing this game and we all had to learn how at some point.
BB8_Resistance Leader
4 year Rebel

Are you a rebel who uses Discord? Join us here: https://discord.gg/ZxcEj4y

Return to “General Tips”