How did you attack as a pro

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
clearit
Storm Trooper

How did you attack as a pro

Post#1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 am

Recently I found when my base level5 (reputation4) and I always attacked by level7 (reputation4 or higher) rival.

But how does it happened? It should be some rival which is same with me level5 (same reputation)

When I attack some other rival, sometimes will be level5(same reputation) or level6 (same reputation), but they are always not easy target, they are with fully upgraded.

And I compared to my clan player, he is level6(high reputation) and always attack the target which has low upgrade or level lower than him.

How is it calculated?

The maximum rivals difficult decided is base on your
Base level+2 (reputation + 2) & your all turret level < rival all turret level

So, let's back to the title, how did you perform as pro?
Upgrade your base level as soon as possible until level6, all turret level just have to left 1 level. Upgrade other building but turret.

But what about your resources? Build all building separately and fill up all map, make the shield with different place, left the base as easy target(then you will get shield protected time easy).

As conclusion, with this method you will get easy target, and you may get that damn 2% easy, because you don't have to use those hard troops group and wait for 30min to attack once.

Your attack will unstoppable, same in clan war, the clan war will find rival same as the formula. Even you are level10 with none or 2turret, and you will get the rival which is lower level than you but with all turret fully upgrade. But they can't stop you, because you are level10 troops and have 3times chance to attack.

I wish there a way can downgrade or remove my turret, or I have to play a new account

Spirit
Commodore

Re: How did you attack as a pro

Post#2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 am

I hear you. I think many of us can agree broadly with what you are saying , I guess. For myself, and many, many other players, our first base was built and upgraded, level by level. Max everything before moving up. That is how Disney coached us via the missions. We earned medals in huge numbers. We realised our mistakes as we got up to higher levels.
Many of us started again, often with multiple bases using our knowledge of the game.
For me now, I max the hq as soon as possible, only upgrading depots to upgrade hq. Nothing else really matters. Keeping medals low, GR high is a plus too.
All in our own way.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks

clearit
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am

The calculation is truely fair if
The base level = rival base level & all turret level <= rival turret level

But I guess there is not so much rival for attack, so it will become
Base level+2 < rival base level & all turret level < rival turret level
And which condition has higher priority then idk

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:12 am

It depends if you want a challenging experience or not:
- If you want challenging attacks and defenses, then max your base and accumulate medals.
- If you want easy attacks, then just raise HQ level and troops level but leave base under-developed (no turret, no shields, no traps), and intentionally drop medals down to 0. Defense will suck but if you get 10 troops in your L10 SC, then maybe you can beat the noobs.

My opinion, just let the game develop naturally. Game will get harder the higher your base rating and your medal count are, BUT THIS WOULD FORCE YOU TO START DEVELOPING NEW SKILLS to deal with harder bases or defend higher level attackers. So it would be very hard at first, and you may lose medals, face planting all over the places. But watch the replays of both attacks and defense, learn more about your unit strength and weakness, experimenting with different loads, join a good squad to see how better players attack. That's how you will become a top player. If you don't like this, then start a new base an be a sand-bagger (high troop/HQ level and low base rating/medal).

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 am

DarkRebel got the point. You have 3 options to develop your game experience:

1) build and max out everything in your base before upgrade HQ to another level. This will make your base strength high (and along with your medals, if they are at a high number) and makes you to attack and defend from tivals 2-3 levels above you. Not fair, but good loot everytime because these players always have their storages full.

2) build and max out only what you need to keep your attacking flowing and build/upgrade defenses only by half or let them at low level if they allow you to win Heroic Defenses if you are level 6 and above (the only defense you need to win to get Crates for Armory Units). This will make you a sandbagging (high attack - low defenses), and make you find reasonable rivals if you don't have a high number of medals and getting good loot from time to time.

3) build and max out only what you need to keep winning attacks. Don't upgrade any turret (keep those 2 turrets at level 1 you start the game), and don't build traps or shields, but upgrade only walls because walls don't count for base strenght. Have a mini-base and you will attack players 3-4 levels below, and can win defenses if you have level 10 troops in your SC. But loot will be poor because your rivals are too low. Heroic defenses are too hard for mini bases, but you can get frags for your Armory playing events and doing daily objectives.

Remember: you can max out your base for attack and defense and keep your medals at 1 to bring more fair rivals in your PvP. And you can keep your base strenght as low as possible as sandbagging/mini-base and raise your medals to get more higher players if you think they are too easy and poor loot.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 10 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 10/8 Rebel on Vacation!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 am

clearit wrote:The calculation is truely fair if
The base level = rival base level & all turret level <= rival turret level

But I guess there is not so much rival for attack, so it will become
Base level+2 < rival base level & all turret level < rival turret level
And which condition has higher priority then idk

Match making algorithm is based on 3 things:
1. Base rating. This is based on the level of your buildings, turrets, shields, traps. Turrets, shields and traps carry more weigh than buildings.
2. Your medal count.
3. The availability of opponent bases (and dev clone bases) during search. Match making can be very sporadic during conflicts on certain planets, due to many players being active (hence their bases not available for search).

Match making algorithm is NOT based on:
- Your troop level or the attacker troop level, and how many units they are used during battle
- Your HQ level (even though this can indirectly impact your base rating, because higher HQ level implies more turrets, more traps, more buildings, and higher level).
- Armory equipment level.

Is this fair ? No, it is not and there are players taking advantage of this loop hole to get easier matches (aka. sandbagging).

Hope this helps.

Boog
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:55 pm

The matchmaking sucks, but it isn't the worst thing in the world to constantly attack up, as mentioned above. You'll definitely be better off in wars if, for instance, you can take out dev bases two levels above you. War bases aren't much more difficult-all they have extra is SC troops, which are usually not hard to deal with once you learn the tricks.

Return to “General Tips”