Returning after a 1 year break.

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Plagueis
Admiral

Re: Returning after a 1 year break.

Post#11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Megabite wrote:Thanks for the ideas folks.

I’m stuck on tat and can’t get a single medal, let alone the 10 needed to leave, trying to play the game.
I can get most crates, but not dropped anything helpful yet.
As well as being out of practice, I cant get over how much of a boost the game gives with all the extra defence and buffs.

I can raid enough money to keep afloat, but getting creamed every time is getting beyond a joke, although I did get enough alloy to drop several upgrades

I can save up enough to get a bunch of tie advanced, drop the shields and drop everything, including squad near the base in a corner and hope for a single star, Probably manage a star an hour with the “ no talent “ approach.

Although I did load the game on my work iPad and joined the same squad as my phone. Stomping around as a level 4 and dropping a level 10 atdp when a something appears out of a rebel squad centre is fun. Hoping building up a new base will fill in the blanks and remind me of basic tactics.

:-)

Try skipping like crazy. Eventually you'll find a base where they're trying to protect resources and leave their HQ out in the open. Or you can join a high level squad willing to help and use their relocation squad perks to get off world for zero stars.

Boog
Major General

Post#12 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Erkit is the best place to attack. There are lots of dead bases there. You should dump all medals, though, to get whatever help you can with matchmaking. And try to win hd's. May be hard without buffs.

DrPain
Commodore

Post#13 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm

If your squad wins lots of wars, you can get some frags that way. Tbh, getting the buffs unlocked will make the game playable for you. Leveling them up higher does make a difference, but I was attacking just fine w/ level 4 buffs on most of my units. Everyone is getting crushed by people will to drop full air. There's really no getting around that one.

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#14 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 am

A lot of good advice here Megabite.
I'll add a few tactical ones: prioritize upgrading your ATDP (the slow unit taking 16 UC) and Snipers/jumps if you have not already. Those are the primary Deka killing units.

Avoid glowing bases as these are full of very nasty stuff for you
Stick to Yavin, Dando en maybe ErKit (get the hell out of Tatooine use the perks from your squad for a zero or 1 star relocation requirement (those are: Hidden Traderoute (3 stars) , Orbital reckoning (up to 7 stars) and Military Logistics (also 3 stars) These days you only need 10 stars to relocate (used to be 20) so Orbital Reckoning plus one of the other two should be enough to let you Hypertravel across the Galaxy. Hope your squad has those unlocked, ask them about it.

With the ATDP you need help to lure the dekas out of the main base with e.g. a scout, a storm, a speeder, pig whatever. drop a repair in a corner where it wll stay put . wait for the dekas to roll towards it, plant the ATDP (or to be sure 2xATDP) next to it and kill the dekas. It's the only thing they are good at.
You can also use the dropship to land in the middle of a base, excellent for this kind of operation as well, but it takes long to cook. Avoid developer bases in which dekas are not easy to lure.

And most important of all: prioritize building and upping the Armory if you haven't already. As soon as you have it you can begin to collect data frags and in the beginning it goes rather quickly. And unlocking equipment makes a BIG difference both on offensive and defensive capabilities.

Your unique selling point Megabite at this moment is the experience you get from really tough uphill struggling. makes you a far better player quickly and invaluable in squad wars where the equipment does not work! Soon you'll punch way above your station if you keep at it!

Good luck!
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

Poene
Commodore

Post#15 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:59 pm

My advice: try to get the following skins:
- walls
- rapid fire heat sink
- rapid fire mounting

Convert your turrets to a mix of sonics and rapids. Even if you have the aforementioned skins at lvl 1 (and that shouldn't be too hard because they are not elite skins) you will be able to defend better and maybe succeed in winning HD's, depending on your base layout. Rebels with jet skins will still stomp your base but rebels without those skins will struggle more.

For offense you are in a tough spot. You will need to unlock the elite skins for either the jumps or the storms/heavies. The latter belong to an old-fashioned meta but they can still be effective. Once you have them unlocked you will be getting your first 1 or 2 star victories.

Your best bet to unlock these is doing all daily objectives. Also, participate in each conflict, even by attacking just once. It doesn't matter if you finish the conflict at 95%, you will still get a crate with common frags (walls, HQ, collectors). In your position every little bit helps.

Megabite
Storm Trooper

Post#16 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Getting a few wins with the jump/Kessen combo that beats bases that defend against mechs.got enough to leave tat.

But on my iPad account that’s lvl 4, I got into ultra chrome.
My prizes.... 25,000 credits.
And 14,000. 8,000 and 8,000 credits.

My vaults were full already full. Pointless prizes, a kick in the nuts. 20 hours grinding ultra chrome on my second account for this.
This games sucks balls at times.

Not Blaming you guys. But, stuff like this is why I quit.

Basic errors from the devs that are a kick in the nuts.

DeathStriker

Post#17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm

Megabite wrote:But on my iPad account that’s lvl 4, I got into ultra chrome.
My prizes.... 25,000 credits.
And 14,000. 8,000 and 8,000 credits.

My vaults were full already full. Pointless prizes, a kick in the nuts. 20 hours grinding ultra chrome on my second account for this.

Megabite - You weren't the only one - see the Topic:

No data fragments in the last Ultra Chromium crate on Tat

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “General Tips”