Returning after a 1 year break.

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Megabite
Storm Trooper

Returning after a 1 year break.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:16 am

So I’m outclassed onn every level at the mo and cant do a thing about it.
I got to a level 10 with mostly nine troops and building, then gave up due to many botched updates, afaik cook times.

Returned and now every base I attack has twice as many defenders.
I only have basic squad donations and none of the extra’s that dis opted in the past year.

As a level 10/9 I can’t win an attack or defence, to the state the game is unplayable.

I’m prepared to stick it out a few weeks to get on track, but have no idea how to catch up.
I’ve no idea how to do squad wars. And in my limited defensive state I’ll be a liability.
Any ideas folks.
Empire btw in an active squad.

DarthHunter
Captain

Re: Returning after a 1 year break.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 am

Being out of the loop for a year will be very damaging to you, there's no getting away from that issue. It certainly won't be easy without Armory equipment unlocked. However, as a level 10 you do have a few options to help you work your way back. If you've fully upgraded your Planetary Command, you should have full access to all the worlds in the game, and as an Imp (sorry about this Rebs) you can move to a planet that gives you 'Developer bases', which are non-player bases that have none of the defensive equipment activated, and will be better suited to your unboosted troops. You will learn to recognise these quickly as they have the same repeated layouts. I would strongly recommend you make sure your base is on a non-desert planet – go for a forest one. Even an un-boosted elite AT-AT hero will still be effective there. If your squad has Perks available, some of these can help you by reducing your Battlestar requirements, depending what they have unlocked. Check out your squad's list to see what is available to you. Otherwise in general, do your best to chase as many daily crate objectives as you possibly can to earn data fragments and start unlocking equipment in the armoury. You will have a LOT to do, and I don't envy you, but fortunately even level 1 equipment provides a substantial boost.

The Squad Wars may actually make you less of a 'liability' than you think. Equipment from the armoury is not available in Squad Wars when attacking other players, in order to try and keep everyone on as equal a footing as possible. So your Level 9/10 troops will be just as powerful as everyone else's - you'l just be unable to train the unique ones you haven't unlocked. Alternatively, there are three Outposts in each Squad War that are fought over as they provide combat 'boosts' to your team when attacking the opposing teams actual bases. Equipment CAN be used to attack these Outposts, but the Outposts start at a very low level of strength, and the defences increase every time they are captured. You could volunteer to fight for these early in the War to help your Squad. I'd imagine if you explain the situation with your Squad, they'd understand you are currently limited in what you can do.

I hope this helps a little, and best of luck.

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 am

The L10 dev bases are monster bases (almost max 10 with high level DDKs). They are easy for those with buffed jumps/jets, but may not be a cake walk for players without armory equipments.

Can you beat them, or even get 3 star ? It's possible, but you may need to drop SC and use air.

Match making has been broken since the introductory of the armory. Player without armory should be rated much less than players with armory equipments.

With a regular HQ level up, you can choose when you are ready to upgrade, since you are only matched (well, in theory anyway) with players around your level based on base rating. With armory, if you want to be competitive, you have to compete and grind for equipment unlocked and levelled up just to keep up with peers, as the system doesn't care what level of your armory equipment is, or whether you actually unlocked them in the first place. The players with L10 armory equipments are enjoying a tremendous advantage right now.

And if you play rebels, then there is not even dev base(s) to attack. You might as well quit PVP altogether. (I did).

Swad
Major General

Post#4 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:52 am

Well done returning to the game, but yes things have changed. The use of armory for attack and defence is vital, so for normal play you need to get those armory frags.
My advice is:
Forget about medals, seek out those objective crates on every planet, every day if you can.
Dont attack bases with glowing barracks or factories
Keep at it. You will overcome the issues. Good luck.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

DarthHunter
Captain

Post#5 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:14 am

To be clear, I was only suggesting (to a fellow Imperial) his unboosted troops would fair better against the Dev bases than they would against actual player bases. The Dekas will of course be tough, but on the other hand he won't have to deal with Dekas PLUS active Guard Reserves PLUS Squad Centre troops PLUS boosted turrets. And Trap locations can be learned. It should still be possible to earn wins, even if they aren't 100%, and/or snipe the various buildings needed for Crate achievements. It's not going to be pretty – its definitely going to be frustrating – but it IS a possible route back.

Swad
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 am

DarthHunter wrote:To be clear, I was only suggesting (to a fellow Imperial) his unboosted troops would fair better against the Dev bases than they would against actual player bases. The Dekas will of course be tough, but on the other hand he won't have to deal with Dekas PLUS active Guard Reserves PLUS Squad Centre troops PLUS boosted turrets. And Trap locations can be learned. It should still be possible to earn wins, even if they aren't 100%, and/or snipe the various buildings needed for Crate achievements. It's not going to be pretty – its definitely going to be frustrating – but it IS a possible route back.

Your points were good DarthHunter and excellent advice. I just added my own views as well, not to contradict so hopefully not seen as such. We are all on the same side and support each other. As it should be.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

Your bet is to avoid tat and expect to skip a lot. Find bases without glowing barracks and factories and HQ/turrets 1-2 levels below yours. Don't worry about UC and invest your time going for obsidian or bronzium on multiple worlds. There's a better chance you'll get frags for upgrades. Lastly, get in on every squad war you can and win. They are frag factories.

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#8 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 am

One word: Erkit.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 am

One other easy way are daily objectives,activate planet jump perks so you don't hve to win stars to move,do them on all planets for a while ,you will start to get 2 frags each planet,12 a day,make and HQ layout and do some heroic defenses,will give you more frags,even 2 star HD,after a while you will have some skins then will became easyer with dev bases and you will be able to do conflicts

Megabite
Storm Trooper

Post#10 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Thanks for the ideas folks.

I’m stuck on tat and can’t get a single medal, let alone the 10 needed to leave, trying to play the game.
I can get most crates, but not dropped anything helpful yet.
As well as being out of practice, I cant get over how much of a boost the game gives with all the extra defence and buffs.

I can raid enough money to keep afloat, but getting creamed every time is getting beyond a joke, although I did get enough alloy to drop several upgrades

I can save up enough to get a bunch of tie advanced, drop the shields and drop everything, including squad near the base in a corner and hope for a single star, Probably manage a star an hour with the “ no talent “ approach.

Although I did load the game on my work iPad and joined the same squad as my phone. Stomping around as a level 4 and dropping a level 10 atdp when a something appears out of a rebel squad centre is fun. Hoping building up a new base will fill in the blanks and remind me of basic tactics.

:-)

Return to “General Tips”