Do medals even matter?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
ExecutorAmaze
Storm Trooper

Do medals even matter?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 pm

I was thinking of leaving my HQ exposed. Any suggestions on if that is a good idea?

Swad
Major General

Re: Do medals even matter?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:44 pm

A lot of people collect medals, others dont.
Until very recently I collected medals, although happy to drop a few when looting. I had over 43k medals.
My enemies in pvp were becoming impossible mega bases and seemed to get tougher each week, I was close to quitting.
Players on this forum, on another thread pointed out how the medals impacted on wars and pvp enemy bases.
So I decided to lose battles and put my hq in the open, to drop medals. Now I ensure I only have 1 medal left at the end of each day. My enemies are so much easier and I enjoy pvp again.
My advice is keep medals if they are important to you, but each medal makes things harder in attack and defence. Hope this helps.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm

ExecutorAmaze wrote:I was thinking of leaving my HQ exposed. Any suggestions on if that is a good idea?

As Imperial and Rebel level 8, I let my medals as low as possible so I can attack and be attacked by players of my level or below. And even if I lose all my defenses I don't care, i realized medals are useless, and defenses don't give me much points in conflicts anyway. And I saw a comment on another post, and I totally agree that is better you lose at the first attack and save your remaining resources than keep winning defenses but losing more resources defense after defense. We call this "Cheap Protection", and yes, put your HQ out of the shields and try protect your resources. Let them win and save all resources you can.

If I need to protect my resources I let my HQ out of my base and try cheap protection. The game is for offense and to have or not to have the Jumps/Jets and their wonderful skins. Most of players were complaining they couldn't win attacks anymore because of Guard Reserve. Now many are complaining about can not win defenses anymore. Defense is just a little part of the game where you can have some fun watching replays where the attacker fails miserably against your GR or SC troops, and share them with your squad mates for some good laughs. Nothing more. The only defense that worths to win is the Heroic Defense.

Of course, every head has a thought. Many players want to win defenses because they give them much more medals. That's okay. I think I'm kind of weirdo in this game because I really don't care about medals or defenses won. And if I find a HQ all alone, and as my depots and vaults are most of the time full, I go only for the HQ and give the defender the cheap protection he was asking for.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

ExecutorAmaze
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks for the tips, i'll be dropping medals then.

Lolkje
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 pm

I'm one of those weirdos who like learning the attack/defense strategy. I average two-star victories over all of my battles, attack and defense, including the losses. It feels really good to go up against a tough base and three-star it. Faceplants hurt, but I try to learn something each time. It depends on your play style and objectives!

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Dropping medals is almost as bad as sandbagging your base... both have the result of picking on weaker opponents.

If you want to get better at the game, then you have to challenge yourself.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Shelendil wrote:Dropping medals is almost as bad as sandbagging your base... both have the result of picking on weaker opponents.

If you want to get better at the game, then you have to challenge yourself.

+1
Respect.

thecursedpit
Officer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 am

Shelendil wrote:If you want to get better at the game, then you have to challenge yourself.

Partially agreed. I just got my hq to 7 and out of an average of 100 attempts to find an opponent I see fully upgraded lvl 9/10 hq's 8x, or "couldn't find an opponent" 91x and 1x an hq7/8 that I can attack (though some are challenging with those troop waves from barracks and such).

I do enjoy challenging myself but this is absolutely rediculous and I do feel like being punished by the game for playing well (i.m.o.).
I just found out about the whole medal thing, so I will drop all my medals after the current conflict and open my base for all attacks. It's just amazingly bad game design that it's necessary to do that in order to enjoy attacking again.

Return to “General Tips”