Guard reserves - not working for me ?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
ZeryabPrime
Captain

Re: Guard reserves - bait for players to play longer or not ?

Post#21 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Are you Imperial or Rebel, Mistle? Sorry if you said as much and I missed it.

Dude, he said that the enemy comes with "Heavies and Medic Droids". And now, WHO uses that combo? The rebels ofcourse! :roll: :roll: :roll:
ZeryabPrime
Imperial :twisted:
HQ8 8-) 8-) 8-)
BestClan2 (COME, WARS AFTER WARS, NO REST!) ;)
DIE REBEL SCUM :lol: :lol: :lol:

llamaman
Squadron Leader

Re: Guard reserves - not working for me ?

Post#22 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Hey mistle, I'm level nine on dandoran. In my armoury I have active, hq bracing, shoretrooper and all 3 infantry buffs. I seem to win most defenses now. Since most rebels attack with infantry, I have found the snipers, dewback and stormtrooper combo slows the rebels down enough for turrets to take the infantry units out. Good luck

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:00 pm

ZeryabPrime wrote:
PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Are you Imperial or Rebel, Mistle? Sorry if you said as much and I missed it.

Dude, he said that the enemy comes with "Heavies and Medic Droids". And now, WHO uses that combo? The rebels ofcourse! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not in my world, Zerya. Almost all my attacks have heavy-med combo from high-level Imperials who unlocked medic droids. Which is what makes my vanguards in guard reserve oh SO valuable (sarcasm).
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Brizzle
Squadron Leader

Post#24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

1st, if you can afford an armory upgrade, do it ASAP to max your skin capacity.

Guard reserve - Light Infantry combined with sandtrooper/shoretrooper skins are worth considering, since you're trying things out. Get your barracks under shields, and see how 3x skinned stormies (per barracks) does slowing the enemy down. If you can also afford a turret skin, I would suggest applying heat sink instead of reinforced mounting; I just prefer putting as much damage on attackers as possible.

Also noteworthy: depending on the level of your guard reserves, they're not spawning high level troops, sometimes they're quite low and easy fodder for your attackers to plow thru i.e. bikes. There is a data spreadsheet out there that breaks down the spawn rate and unit level for each skin. Regrettably, I don't have access to it =(

Keep experimenting, and Good luck!

PS on Hoth, I tend to drop Light infantry/skinned stormies for the Melee bruisers with the Modified INT-4 dewback skin, but others mileage may vary.

JDD
Major General

Post#25 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Something is wrong with yer GR bikes, normally they can mow down jets fast..... ;)

Use 1 GR i.e. light guard & buff the stormies. Lvl 8 Burst / RF turrets are good if yer have at least lvl 7 buffs fer 'em. Hoooray, I'm a happy Rebel & a Traitor! :D

p.s. If only gaming life is so easay tae be matched against lvl 8s instead of maxed lvl 10s.

JDD
Major General

Post#26 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:
ZeryabPrime wrote:

Not in my world, Zerya. Almost all my attacks have heavy-med combo from high-level Imperials who unlocked medic droids. Which is what makes my vanguards in guard reserve oh SO valuable (sarcasm).

+1000000000! Imp's medic don't like tae sniff butts like our red tin cans & a heavy is 4 UC compares tae our 5. Therefore Imp's HMC is more potent.

Return to “General Tips”