Guard reserves - not working for me ?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
SuicideKing
Commodore

Re: Guard reserves - not working for me ?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Shelendil wrote:As a level 8 being attacked by level 10s, I've found the guard reserve to be less useful than the turrets. Although either way is almost a sure loss.

This. Being hq9, I'm finally at a point where I can regularly be matched with opponents my own level, but I do fight a lot of 10s as well. Both on attack and defense.

I find that my guards do a reasonable job against other 9s. Against 10s, though, they are hardly a speed bump. Conversely, I have found some success against 9s with guards active but, against 10s, my troops get totally bogged down, unable to advance. Even if they don't get slaughtered outright, they just get stopped dead and slowly chewed up. Even against the weaker bases that I could beat, they run me out of time.

DrPain
Commodore

Post#12 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 pm

I find that it takes time to get momentum going. It's not uncommon for me to really start making rapid gains in the last 30s of the attack. You can easily go from 50-60% dmg to over 90%. Air strikes do help to get the momentum going

acidrave
Captain

Post#13 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am

welcome Mistle, I'm in your same situation in the opposite fanction . I'm lvl 8 rebel being attacked by 9 and 10 imp and 9 out of 10 is a loss even with the new defensive barracks. The only defensive wins I had was on Hoth with banthas and theyr armory plus vanguard
REBEL LEVEL 9
PROUD MEMEBER OF JARJAR_CAMP
http://ksod.us/squad/3a980df2-878d-11e5-82e3-063228004ed8/members?hl=863e1f57-e6eb-11e6-90ae-06cad0004ecc

rRr
Admiral

Post#14 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:44 am

Plagueis wrote:Stick with your turret buffs for now unless you have guard reserve snipes or mhcs unlocked. If the empire didn't have those two options there would be an Empire exodus continues thread started as storns, bikes and dews are really no match for heavy + red trash cans.

I aint using MHCs. The got stuck and do literally nothing..instead I use Snipers with Light Infantry (BuffTroopers) and Bikes to keep enemy bus while snipers are killing em..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#15 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am

rRr wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Stick with your turret buffs for now unless you have guard reserve snipes or mhcs unlocked. If the empire didn't have those two options there would be an Empire exodus continues thread started as storns, bikes and dews are really no match for heavy + red trash cans.

I aint using MHCs. The got stuck and do literally nothing..instead I use Snipers with Light Infantry (BuffTroopers) and Bikes to keep enemy bus while snipers are killing em..

I run mhcs to great affect on my level 10 base. Placement of your factories is the key. Don't expect them to chase enemy units. Instead, let them come into range of the mhcs.

Noahjedi77
Commodore

Post#16 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:52 am

Several people have posted on this thread that heavies and meds are really powerful. I am a lv10 rebel and use a heavy, med, and tx load but only have 60% ish win rate against bases with tactical defense skins. How do the people who win often with the heavy med combo use their troops? I usually place some rebs on the outside of the base to pull out the tactical skin units, and then place Luke in the back of the base. I then use his special move so all the turrets target him and then place to and heavy/ med combo. I try to keep the tactical units away by putting my rebs in the right position but I usually still loose. What am I doing wrong?
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

DrPain
Commodore

Post#17 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 am

I think that most of us have opted to using Kessen or Leia (for green planets). For Kessen, we try to snipe the SC using a deka/deko. We then drop the heavies/med and TX and heal ship spam. Kessen will target the dekas before he goes after units that spawn from the factories or barracks.

For Leia, I use the deko as bait for the initial wave and have Leia and heavies ambush whatever comes out of the factories/barracks. Don't forget to bait the enemy's dekas as well.

Noahjedi77
Commodore

Post#18 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:10 am

K, thanks for the help
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

DrPain
Commodore

Post#19 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 am

I rarely use Luke anymore. I used to use him in probably close to 85% of my attacks. But Kessen and Leia are too important for clearing those spawned units.

Nevermind
Captain

Re: Guard reserves - bait for players to play longer or not ?

Post#20 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:Hm. Not sure how much I can give away without being labelled a traitor, but I also want people to enjoy the game.

Anywhere but Hoth, there are only two guard reserves that are any good for Imperials. Bikes is NOT one of them. Hint: for one of them, you also need to active another skin in the armory.

On Hoth, there are two more that are helpful (hint: bikes is still not one of them), but they both also require skins to be turned on. Is it blindingly obvious yet?

I hope this helps you enjoy the game more, but I also hope the entire guard reserve somehow goes away (it won't).

TRAITOR!

Return to “General Tips”