Protect which buildings?

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Sloanrobe
Storm Trooper

Protect which buildings?

Post#1 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Can someone give me a priority list of which buildings to protect on my base? I am building level 4 HQ so I'm relatively new at this. I don't have many walls or turrets.

Plagueis
Admiral

Re: Protect which buildings?

Post#2 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Hq-squad center-turrets-resource vaults-resource generators and then everything else. With so few turrets, you want to for opponents to spend as much time taking turret fire as possible. Do this by surrounding your hq,squad center, turrets & shields with walls, then your resource vaults, generators, and the rest of your buildings. Make the wade through turret fire to get loot.

TNT
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:50 am

I disagree with the HQ being the highest priority for shield protection.
HQ has the highest HP in the game, you can't snipe it.
That's a leftover from when Air was first introduced. My advise is to use your shields to protect your resources and turrets.

would be my suggestion:
squad center-turrets-resource vaults-Hq-resource generators and then everything else.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

rRr
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:46 am

Don't be mad, do not protect HQ unless you are lvl 10!

Winning defense will give you medals, but you can't use them to build anything.
Losing defense gives you protection, few hours immunity from being atatcked and your resources being stolen.

So what you really want is your HQ to be destroyed and your resource storage building to be untouched. Generators are fine, but they are too much, and honestly, biggest income is from attacks, if I have had to wait for generators to produce enough resources, I would be still lvl 6 instead of lvl 10.

Squad Center can be filled with troops that will emerge if triggered, defending your base. But it can be destroyed by air and in that case no troops will emerge, that is why everyone is covering SC with shield.
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 am

At Hq 4 resources are extremely easy to gather unless you're only attacking once per day. Even if you get looted, that amount can easily be replaced in a single attack. Why waste losing medals by trying to protect what? 100k alloy? Lol. A better strategy is to attack until you have enough loot to build something and leave almost nothing to loot. You can still have your vaults, turrets AND SC under shields but the HQ doesn't have to be. That doesn't mean you don't have to protect the HQ. I don't accept losing every defense to protect a very replaceable amount of loot. That's downright nutty.

Python6
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am

Sloanrobe wrote:Can someone give me a priority list of which buildings to protect on my base? I am building level 4 HQ so I'm relatively new at this. I don't have many walls or turrets.

At your level I would recommend protecting your HQ and squad center vs resource storage (try to win the defense vs preserving resources). Early in the game resources are plentiful and upgrades are much cheaper than at higher levels. Play around with different defense setups, turrets, traps, etc. This is the time to play around and see what works for you to build the foundation for defense design in higher levels. Learn how the enemy AI works for their units and see if you can design walls, buildings, etc to get them to go where you want them to and focus your turret fire on them. Learn how your turrets, traps, walls, etc work together to do what you want them to do. Eventually you will likely switch to protecting resources because upgrades get really expensive and keeping what you raided that day is critical to funding them. For now, play around with different ideas and see how they work for you. This is the time to learn how to play the game. When I was a squad leader I recommended to my guys to look at other players around them in the rankings for ideas on defense layouts to try. Generally most of the players with your medal count will be same level as you and can give you some ideas on things to try out for defense. Good luck!
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#7 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Python6 wrote:
Sloanrobe wrote:Can someone give me a priority list of which buildings to protect on my base? I am building level 4 HQ so I'm relatively new at this. I don't have many walls or turrets.

At your level I would recommend protecting your HQ and squad center vs resource storage (try to win the defense vs preserving resources). Early in the game resources are plentiful and upgrades are much cheaper than at higher levels. Play around with different defense setups, turrets, traps, etc. This is the time to play around and see what works for you to build the foundation for defense design in higher levels. Learn how the enemy AI works for their units and see if you can design walls, buildings, etc to get them to go where you want them to and focus your turret fire on them. Learn how your turrets, traps, walls, etc work together to do what you want them to do. Eventually you will likely switch to protecting resources because upgrades get really expensive and keeping what you raided that day is critical to funding them. For now, play around with different ideas and see how they work for you. This is the time to learn how to play the game. When I was a squad leader I recommended to my guys to look at other players around them in the rankings for ideas on defense layouts to try. Generally most of the players with your medal count will be same level as you and can give you some ideas on things to try out for defense. Good luck!

Well put.

QAnswerCody

Post#8 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 am

Protect the resources and squad center is top priority, let the enemy have the HQ. DONT BOTHER WORRYING ABOUT LOSING MEDAL WHILE DEFENDING, It is easier to earn medal and resources by attacking. I design my base layout to minimize the loss of resources, I prefer to let my enemy to destroy my HQ, and you get protection time. It is more flexible because you can decide if you want to attack or just relax and mind other real life business.

Winning the defense earning you nothing but maybe some pride and continuous attacks from other players... ( I just just don't get it winning defense and in exchange of losing million resources )it is actually more fun to plan your base to deliberately lose two 2 Star to get maximize protection time while lose only a 2000ish resources :P

Return to “General Tips”