[TIP] How to win squad wars

This forum is for sharing tips and guides
Hamxakron
Commander

[TIP] How to win squad wars

Post#1 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 pm

hello everyone, welcome to one of my crappy guides also, this is your host killer keemstar. So get your hat now and eat popcorn. Anyway, let's get riooooooooooooght tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, let's start now XD

You first wanna make sure all your team mates Defensive base squad center on sullust are filled with units so they don't get screwed over by one Elite AT-AT or 5 juggernauts. You want to camp and stay online and wait patiently for the squad war to begin and make a plan. When the war starts, at the VERY beginning at the squad war, take the outposts BEFORE attacking the player bases to get buff. Save at least one attack in case they try to take them cause trust me, those outposts are powerful especially the non-infantry extra damage which 1 stormtrooper completely kills a turret in 3 shots. Then attack your enemies, check if they have units in their squad center. If they do, bait them to a corner and kill em with star ships or units. You want to have a good core squad war team as well so they don't be couch potatoes and use zero attacks. My squad won 6 times with this and we never lost a squad war match (and we always disable every uplink alive). I hope this guide helps you.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun May 07, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Removed Comment / Text Asking Member to Perform Harmful Action

Swad
Major General

Re: [TIP] How to win squad wars

Post#2 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 am

Your comments are spot on Hamxakron.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Calli
Commander

Post#3 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:40 pm

How can you tell if they have units in there SC ?

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Calli wrote:

How can you tell if they have units in there SC ?

They _always_ have units in the SC. Or at least you should assume as much.

If you attack a base but fail to three-star it, be sure to take note of what is in the squad center (as well as trap locations) and share it with your squad so the next attacker knows what to expect and can build a proper load-out to deal with the SC contents.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Calli
Commander

Post#5 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks Phoenix,
This is really helpful, we always try to gather intel on what is in the SC, but never thought of the traps, so great tip. :D

I just thought there was some way to check the opposing SC out before attacking, so you could build accordingly. :D

Thanks for the great tip.

Boog
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:07 pm

There is a way to sometimes see if they have an empty squad center: go to squads of death, and look at the roster. Some of the less 'with-it' squads will have members that have never received or donated troops. You'll know their SC is empty. I doubt this will happen with top squads. You can also just search for the squad on featured squads list and see the same info. The only thing is, some players drop out of their squad then re-enter during the lulls between wars, so the zero troops added may be temporary. Check once the war has started.

My squad (all ex-windows players, ranging from level 4-8) just had a war with a squad with members from 5-10. On squads of death, you could see the 10 had been a member for just over a year, and had donated/received ZERO troops. I have no idea what's up with that, but we knew going into it his SC was empty. What was really weird was that his war base had only three shields, and no dekas at all. I checked out his regular base, and it had four shields and two dekas. The dude also has less than 200 attack wins and one medal. It makes my head hurt wondering wtf is going on with him and his squad, and why he's still a member and why he's included in wars, but needless to say, it was an easy win for us.

FkOff
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Tips: Pretty basic stuff
1)When Tako is in play, use all jets or jumpers; there is no need for other troops.
2)Let the other team take outposts. They waste the initial attacks taking them from neutral land.
3)Use armory skins for outpost attacks if you are lower lvl players going for max lvl outposts.
4)Save your air and one time use special units (i.e. Tx tanks) for wars. Give one time use dekas/dekos and maybe hunter rancors for war defense
5)Have your highest level players fill war troop requests
6)Give everyone in your squad a chance @ war, but make sure they use their attacks when they are in the war! Not everyone can get on to coordinate, but people can retake outposts anytime
7)When you get that terrible matchup still try to fight it out and take as many outlinks as you can. Still have fun with the war, don't expect an outright win, instead see if you can reach x # of points, or at least 1 star on every base, etc
Squad: TeamGibson
In-game Commander Name: FuzzyBunnies (previously FkOff but Disney had a change of heart on that one)

Return to “General Tips”