Elite AT-AT Rebel Defense? Won't target?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
HelterSkelter
Cadet Trooper

Elite AT-AT Rebel Defense? Won't target?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:29 am

Since the last patch, (which was aimed at fixing crashing issues) my rebel defense towers have not been targeting the Elite AT-AT? I have also noticed that my Rocket Turrets favorite target is infantry, instead of vehicles and it always looks like my towers are having range issues (i.e. not shooting immediately when targets are within range)? Has anyone else noticed these issues? Not sure if it matters, but all of my towers are level 6 and are within shield generator protection. Can towers not shoot out of the shields?

Gaz
Storm Trooper

Re: Elite AT-AT Rebel Defense? Won't target?

Post#2 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I am also a level 6 Rebel and noticed today that my turrets do not target the Elite AT-AT, even when it's the only unit left. I'm not sure if they screwed up and made the range of the turrets smaller than the AT-AT firing range?

seve030608
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Imp player here! Ive noticed the same thing. Seems to be based off legs of atat. I have had it were a stormie would be back left of vet and was targeted first by rockets though. You could try leaving a 4 block opening to shield with a turret gauntlet in front of shields. Or divide and conquer set up with HQ in one corner and a seperate set of buildings with a shield in another. the first will suck the atat into gauntlet gunning for the shield but will leave you open for a broad side attack. The second will cause atats to take down first group of shields then go after other outpost on other side. Hope this helps.

Thulsidar

Post#4 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:17 am

I still haven't found a way to defend against a steady AT-AT attack. Their range is greater than the range of turrets, so they slowly eat out the shields, then the wall, then turrets. And all that outside the range of rocket turrets.

My current layout has a trap field in front of defenses if the attacker wants to rush my base. Instant kill. :) And if they want to take their time, they can walk across single-wall-block strewn field, starting on the far corners of the map.

But, nevertheless, as soon as AT-ATs reach my defenses, rockets just cannot reach them, and my base is annihilated step-by-step. Soooo helpless. Soooo frustrating.

Napalm
Commodore

Post#5 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Agree. Disney needs to revisit the Elite AT-AT range and Rebel turret preferred targeting.
MTFBWY,
Napalm

Leader of the Battalion Family. Top Squad:Wolf-Battalion

boonip
Lieutenant

Post#6 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I swear there is NO WAY to defend with a good chance of winning against an Elite AT-AT. They are simply too strong and the DEVELOPERS don't even care enough to step up the JUGGERNAUTS range or firepower! I am at level 9 and it took 1 Elite AT-AT with repair droids to take down 4 of my Lv.9 shields! The Juggernaut/w R2-D2 MIGHT have a chance of taking down 2 Lv. 9 Empire shields at best. I thought about giving up this game because it's apparent that evil sells/wins all! It's hopeless unless they do something about it. I mean really, they already were overpowered to begin with then they increased their distance to 10 tiles taking out shields and anything else they wish. The Juggernaut has a range of only 8 tiles i say 8 that is! I can't believe the insult they handed to the rebels in this matter! But hell, they don't care so why should anyone else i guess!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 am

Defense against the eAT-AT is not impossible.
I have a Lv 8 base (lv 7 turrets) and sometimes win, sometimes lose against attackers. I usually only win when there's support from a filled SC and my droideka. Sometimes attackers snipe the SC with two TIE Advanced and a TIE. Then I usually lose.

I am using a corner base with distributed wall elements to limit the deploy area.

You can visit the base of the original creator (which now uses an updated lv 9 version of a corner base) and take it maybe as inspiration. That player is "BagOfSoup" and sits in one of the Top50 squads. (I think it was either 1st-Battalion or havoc_squad but I'm unsure)

When I target eAT-ATs on defense I usually put 4 Skiffs + troopers. in my lv8 SC (on LV9, you could use 4 Skiffs and a Sniper).
4 Skiffs usually go in 2 groups so a single TIE/Decimator hit doesn't kill them all. While a single Skiff won't do much on an eAT-AT with Repair bots. 2-4 Skiffs usually will bring it down fast.

The disadvantage of Skiffs is, that they will often be killed on the first defense. So if you win it you won't have content in the SC for the next defens(es) (usually I am attacked each 2-5 minutes until I lose).

A Juggernaut can survive mutiple defenses but is much slower at bringing down an eAT-AT. But sometimes that is helpful if you want to lose but not with 3 stars and all resources lost.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

HanDuo

Post#8 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 am

Rebels, to defend against ATATs and Elite ATATs, use the HoneyPot Layout. :)

rRr
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:13 am

Spread the shields guys! My AT-ATs love stacked layouts, the more stacked the better ;) ideally all shields on one spot, AT-AT will eat them without even moving and than the real fun begins ;)

Remember, AT-ATs go straight for shields! They dont care about turrents or anything else. They will rush for shield even if ut means going throught shitloads of rocket turrents ;)

If this wont help you, than nothing..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Python6
Commodore

Post#10 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 am

There are some very simple techniques that mitigate most of the EAT-At strengths. Find a squad with some guys that have been playing the game for awhile that can help with your turret mix and layout plan and you'll be bringing the black cow down quickly in no time. The key is you have to arrange your defense to kill it while your shields are still active. if it gets all your shields down and goes generalist it is a bear to kill. Funny that I started my secondary imp account when I was trying to figure this out myself so I could learn more about my nemesis strengths and weaknesses and then just paid attention to what worked against me and what didn't to make changes to my opposite faction base.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Return to “Defending Rivals”