Good Defense Troops For Empire HQ 9

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
SleeperSim123
Captain

Good Defense Troops For Empire HQ 9

Post#1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:30 am

I recently upgraded my base to HQ 9 and then like most people changed my turrets. I now have 4 sonics (switching 5th), 1 rocket (intend to switch) and rest are bursts with enhanced heat sinks.

I was wondering if someone could advice me what to equip in armory (using sniper gr, storm gr, bike gr, burst heat sink) for my defense. I usually camp on tat (my strategy might need to change for HQ 9 but HQ 8 2 gr, 2 heat sinks worked wonders had ~700 defensive wins).

Also what are some good defense combos (I run lugga lvl 10, prestige snipes x 3, twilek x 1 / hvy x 1). Any improvent on it (Yes, right now lvl 8 SC, will be upgraded in week, kindly inform for both)

Thanks to all who reply
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

MachineHead
Commodore

Re: Good defense troop for empire HQ 9

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 am

i would do 5 skinned jumper or skinned sniper...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:39 am

SleeperSim123 wrote:I was wondering if someone could advice me what to equip in armory (using sniper gr, storm gr, bike gr, burst heat sink) for my defense.

Also what are some good defense combos (I run lugga lvl 10, prestige snipes x 3, twilek x 1 / hvy x 1). Any improvent on it (Yes, right now lvl 8 SC, will be upgraded in week, kindly inform for both)

Thanks to all who reply

SleeperSim123 - I would look at dropping Storm GR and adding Rodan Recon Sniper Skin to Armory Equipment.

AS FOR your SC, I would look into using Tognath Marksman, and Snipers (which get buffed by Rodan Skin) and Astromedics.

Just some thoughts and ideas from a Honorable Rebel Commander Opponent....

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

SleeperSim123
Captain

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

DeathStriker wrote:
SleeperSim123 wrote:...

SleeperSim123 - I would look at dropping Storm GR and adding Rodan Recon Sniper Skin to Armory Equipment.

AS FOR your SC, I would look into using Tognath Marksman, and Snipers (which get buffed by Rodan Skin) and Astromedics.

Just some thoughts and ideas from a Honorable Rebel Commander Opponent....

Don't have rod skin on imp base (I have them in reb base which is in your squad).

As for togs are they better or snipers I thought they die too fast ? (mine are only lvl 2 tho so that could be the problem).

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:47 am

SleeperSim123 wrote:Don't have rod skin on imp base (I have them in reb base which is in your squad).

As for togs are they better or snipers I thought they die too fast ? (mine are only lvl 2 tho so that could be the problem).

Togs are better than Snipers. General Rule is 1 Tog = 2 Snipers.

:arrow: See my Analysis found here **Note addtional link at top of post.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

SleeperSim123
Captain

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:50 am

DeathStriker wrote:
SleeperSim123 wrote:Don't have rod skin on imp base (I have them in reb base which is in your squad).

Togs are better than Snipers. General Rule is 1 Tog = 2 Snipers.

:arrow: See my Analysis found here **Note addtional link at top of post.

Ah, thanks. I never really bothered with togs due to misconception. Thanks for explaining (im going to take a look at the link).

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Good Defense Troops For Empire HQ 9

Post#7 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:25 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
SleeperSim123 wrote:

Thanks to all who reply

I'd swap out that heavy this is virtually useless and place a Security Droid instead. They can get lucky and stun a whole group of Jets and get them killed easily to turrets or any other splash damage.

Any more really old and irrelevant posts you can drag up? How about a post on Windows shutting down?

The current and most relevant issue is whether or not the game is finishing, and that's what people want to see at the top of the forum.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: Good Defense Troops For Empire HQ 9

Post#8 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm

syncpan77 wrote:
CoolGuy wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:
I'd swap out that heavy this is virtually useless and place a Security Droid instead. They can get lucky and stun a whole group of Jets and get them killed easily to turrets or any other splash damage.

Any more really old and irrelevant posts you can drag up? How about a post on Windows shutting down?

The current and most relevant issue is whether or not the game is finishing, and that's what people want to see at the top of the forum.

Forgive me, I did not know people want to keep seeing the endless, same canned response everyone's been getting for days now. :lol: Or did you just see Darkdonations in my signature and decide you'd take out your frustrations from that embarrassing loss vs. us a while back?

A loss to your squad two months ago is about as relevant as the topics you have been dredging up. 99% of the serious players want to know if the game is closing or not, and they currently don't care about "Good Defencse Troops For Empire HQ9".
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Return to “Defending Rivals”