Armory - What Is Effective For Level 10 Empire Commander?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Lordhelmchen
Squadron Leader

Armory - What Is Effective For Level 10 Empire Commander?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Hello, I will move in a few weeks to Lvl 10, and I’m thinking about what to use in armory for defense then.
I have mostly Bursts with 5 Rockets which I will swap to Sonics. As lvl 9 I run both burst, Sniper GR plus Rodian Skin, Rocket heat sink and Walls. My thought was to use at lvl 10 sniper + Rodian both burst, walls and for the rest I’m not sure. Stormie GR?
What works for you on LvL 10? Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized
Lord Helmchen, Member of EmpireTK421

DeathStriker

Re: Armory - What Is Effective For Level 10 Empire Commander?

Post#2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:47 am

Lordhelmchen wrote:My thought was to use at lvl 10 sniper + Rodian both burst, walls and for the rest I’m not sure. Stormie GR?

Lordhelmchen - Your current "Plan" for HQ 10 Armory sounds good. That said, without knowing what Armory Structure Equipment you have unlocked, what Planet you call "Home", coupled with me being a Rebel Commander, it is a bit hard to advise you but here are some suggestions for additional Armory Equipment you could use.

Other Empire Commanders may be able to give you better suggestions.

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

DarthChoder
Captain

Post#3 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:21 am

Reinforced HQ
Sniper GR
Rodian skin
Anti infantry (speeders)
Burst mounting
Burst heat sink (I only use burst and sonics)

Snipers in SC.
Good layout.

Since changing to this (as recommended through the forum),
I win approx 95% attacks on my base. ;)
Player: Darth Choder
Squad: SithLegion
Young but active squad - looking to grow.
Join us....and feel the power of the dark side.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 am

Lordhelmchen wrote:I have mostly Bursts with 5 Rockets which I will swap to Sonics. As lvl 9 I run both burst, Sniper GR plus Rodian Skin, Rocket heat sink and Walls. My thought was to use at lvl 10 sniper + Rodian both burst, walls and for the rest I’m not sure. Stormie GR?
What works for you on LvL 10? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

That sounds good. Is what I use for my HQ 11, but you need to say what you really want, to win Heroic Defenses or PvP attacks, and what are the level of your equipments. I win most of my defenses in PvP and my Armory is not maxed out, but thanks to a sum of factors:

* Layout good for HDs and PvP;
* Only 2 kind of turrets to save Armory (yes, use Sonics)
* Guard Reserve (how more troops coming out the better, yes, use Storms)
* Wall reinforcement to delay trucks and prevent Ithos from trigger SC at the start

I use Sonics and Bursts with heat sink, and Storms GR, MHC GR, and Snipers GR + Rodians, and Rodians in SC, with wall bracing. I got only 2 defeats by 3 stars in over a year. I use this combo on greens and deserts for PvP and HD. If I am on Hoth, I use Cold MHC for MHC GR instead of Storms GR. They are killer beasts.

If you want to have a quiet life and not being attacked for days, move to Yavin where Rebel population is the smallest, and have fun attacking Dev bases.

If you want to try your defenses and get extra points in conflicts move to Tatooine. I don't recommend ErKit, it has the low population and you will find the same idiots every time, and Rebels have much more Dev bases to attack and they won't attack you if your base looks too tough.

Number of medals will impact the number of attacks and your win/lose rate. More medals will match you with very skilled players with maxed out equipments and units (SMTTs and Trucks), and will be hard to win defenses.

Low medals will put you in the matchmaking of some noobs, and you will be attacked more but also you will win more defenses.

And of course, there are really good players here more able than me to give you the best advices. I would wait for their replies. :D
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial HQ 11 & Rebel HQ 11 on vacation.

Lordhelmchen
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:49 am

I try to define my targets:

Im an active player and build my base so far that it’s working in PVP and HDs, that’s my target for lvl 10 also. I do all HDs nearly every day, and very active in conflicts and events, so my armory equipment is half lvl nine, rest eight, with enough frags to get it to 9 or 10. (research time should be halfed;))
Rodian Skin is only Lvl 7, and cantina GR at lvl 2.
I stayed a long time on Lvl 8 cause it was a cosy place to play events and conflicts, and waited for upgrade to nine until all my troops and armory equipment was lvl 8 or max to the frags I had.

I want to take part in conflicts in the future, and will try to run my north corner base which works good for me so long, I was getting a solid rate of defensive wins on sand in conflicts. (Camped now a long time in the green as my shields and turrets were upgrading). Hope that helps a bit:)

Thanks for your answers so far!

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#6 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:46 am

swap them to sonics before upgrading them to 10, it will save time & resources that way.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am

The best defense is a low medal count. If you run rodian gr + 3 other gr's of your choice and have fewer than 10k medals, you will win pretty much all your defenses. It's not that complicated. I'm not sure what the current Tat standings look like, but during the strix beacon conflicts, the top 10 was dominated by medal-dumping imps with 100+ D wins. It was a bit crazy, imo. If you have over 100K medals, your win rate will drop. Maybe you'll win half your defenses, but probably a lot less

Lordhelmchen
Squadron Leader

Post#8 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:13 am

TKTB51 wrote:swap them to sonics before upgrading them to 10, it will save time & resources that way.

That’s a good advice I will do so thx.

Lordhelmchen
Squadron Leader

Post#9 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:27 am

Boog wrote:The best defense is a low medal count. If you run rodian gr + 3 other gr's of your choice and have fewer than 10k medals, you will win pretty much all your defenses. It's not that complicated. I'm not sure what the current Tat standings look like, but during the strix beacon conflicts, the top 10 was dominated by medal-dumping imps with 100+ D wins. It was a bit crazy, imo. If you have over 100K medals, your win rate will drop. Maybe you'll win half your defenses, but probably a lot less

I keep my medal count actual Inbetween 3000-4000 to have more chances in conflicts (can’t play on work so much :roll: )
and i noticed exactly that what you mentioned. A few attackers without armory, most with buffed jumps, and a few players who had a plan and mixed loadout.
I will try your tips, thanks for that, especially to mkenobi and his in detail post!

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 am

Boog wrote:The best defense is a low medal count. If you run rodian gr + 3 other gr's of your choice and have fewer than 10k medals, you will win pretty much all your defenses. It's not that complicated. I'm not sure what the current Tat standings look like, but during the strix beacon conflicts, the top 10 was dominated by medal-dumping imps with 100+ D wins. It was a bit crazy, imo. If you have over 100K medals, your win rate will drop. Maybe you'll win half your defenses, but probably a lot less

This is the exact reason why MM that weighs heavily on medal could should be changed.
People are exploiting this to gain benefits in PVP, and in conflicts.

Return to “Defending Rivals”