New Defence Tactic?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
LordWader
Commodore

New Defence Tactic?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if this is a new defence tactic to lure people to attacking one's base for defensive wins. After a long period away from the desert planets (Tat and Kit), I have recently gone back to these two places to earn some conflict points for the current Rancor conflict.

Anyways, I have noticed on a few of my attacks that some bases have both their droidekas out, but no glowing barracks, resource generators, etc.: giving the appearance that it is a dev base for easy pickings. However, once I attack, skinned jets or snipers coming crawling out of the SC, so it is certainly a live base.

Thankfully, I have enough firepower to still win, but thought I should get this message out so any Imps on a desert planet are aware of this "new tactic". Like I said, this has occurred for me at least 4 times the past couple of days. Also wondering, if any other Imps have run into this?
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

Boog
Grand Admiral

Re: New defence Tactic?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:03 pm

They just forgot to turn on their defense. And, there are some rebs on Tat who seem to never turn it on regardless.

Therealharbinger
Major General

Post#3 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Confirm this is a thing. Same on Hoth and CW Hailfires come out and wipe your clustered jumps.

LordWader
Commodore

Post#4 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Therealharbinger wrote:Confirm this is a thing. Same on Hoth and CW Hailfires come out and wipe your clustered jumps.

Thanks for confirming. As well, on Hoth, some commanders will only leave their Melee bruiser GR reserve turned on, but with near maxed out Tauntaun skins, along with CW Hailfires in the SC, that will overwhelm your attack force unless you have enough air to wipe them out.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Doubt that it was a defense tactic. More likely that:
1. Attacker forgot to switch to defense armory
2. Player did in fact switch to defense equipments, but closing apps too fast before the changes were relayed and captured by the server
3. (unlikely) player got interrupted by phone, work, emergency and could not enable defense equipment while attenting to other matters.

LordWader
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Have to disagree. I have seen it too many times on non-jungle worlds and the troops in the SC are always skinned for extra damage. Probably have not seen it on jungle planets as such a tactic would fail badly vs. the ACT skin.

If it is a new tactic, good on them. Not complaining, just warning my fellow Imps not to get too lax if you see what you think is a dev base, as it may not be.

darthdoodie
Major General

Post#7 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:41 pm

Almost certainly forgotten armory changes

There's been a few times where I have thought I changed to defensive armory but the command didn't go and I logged back in to have my offensive armory still on.
I've seen the odd Imp base on green planets do this too, and has been like this for a long time.

The skinned units they have in the SC are what they would normally run (jets/jumps/rodians/sullies), its just they don't have the GR armory active. I've even seen U-wings and TX tanks being activated - clearly offensive armory slots that didn't change back.

Really silly defensive tactic if it was real as they would lose 50% without much trouble or even tripping SC more often than not.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:26 pm

They just messed up on their armory, it isn't strategy unless they don't care about defense and are happy to lose. Besides the skinned jets, you also frequently see skinned traps, which is an insane use of a 13 UC for defense and only happens by mistake. I just attacked a base on yavin Tonite that had no buffs on except the traps. Trust me, it wasn't some crazy plot to trick me into thinking it was a dev base (it was way easier than a dev base).

As far as strategy goes, if you lose to a base because the one defensive buff it has on is skinned jets, that's pretty much on you.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm

My sandbagged Rebel HQ8 base on Tako is a bit of a honeypot. Even with the GR flashing lots of Imps see easy money until the Sullustan Snipers start appearing, and the SC spits out a couple of Togs. 28 defensive wins so far and zero losses.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

MachineHead
Commodore

Post#10 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:27 am

It isnt a new tactic...i dont see it with my lv7 and Lv9 Bases often. But with the lv10 and Prestige it happen from time to time...whats really new is the 4 skinned Orbaks in SC... :? :(
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

Return to “Defending Rivals”