Need help HQ lvl 8 turrets and equipment

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
DarkRebel
Admiral

Re: Need help HQ lvl 8 turrets and equipment

Post#11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am

Beththeboss wrote:Don’t rush to L9 for sonics. Sonics only really become effective at L10. Follow Bacon’s advice above and go half and half rockets and bursts (swap before upgrading) and get all your turrets to L8 before jumping to L9.

L9 is a massive jump from L8 in terms of opponents you’ll face and be attacked by and the difficulty of HDs, objectives and EP Events goes up massively. L8 is a nice level to be, I enjoy 3 starring those L10 Rebs who rushed their HQ upgrades...

You sounded like staying at L8 that you wouldn't get L9/10 opponents. That's a misconception.
Match making is NOT based on HQ level, but based on turret/trap/shield level. A fully upgraded L8 will get you more difficult opponents than a rushed L9/10 base.

But your point about HD difficulty level and event/crate requirement is true.

Beththeboss
Commander

Post#12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:00 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Beththeboss wrote:Don’t rush to L9 for sonics. Sonics only really become effective at L10. Follow Bacon’s advice above and go half and half rockets and bursts (swap before upgrading) and get all your turrets to L8 before jumping to L9.

L9 is a massive jump from L8 in terms of opponents you’ll face and be attacked by and the difficulty of HDs, objectives and EP Events goes up massively. L8 is a nice level to be, I enjoy 3 starring those L10 Rebs who rushed their HQ upgrades...

You sounded like staying at L8 that you wouldn't get L9/10 opponents. That's a misconception.
Match making is NOT based on HQ level, but based on turret/trap/shield level. A fully upgraded L8 will get you more difficult opponents than a rushed L9/10 base.

That’s not what I said at all. I said you get more difficult opponents at L9 then L8 but didn’t quantify the reasoning. You’ll have a higher base score for a L9 HQ than L8 HQ all other things being equal, ergo higher level opponents, which if he’s struggling with what is attacking him already isn’t going to help. Then you have to take into account medals...

My L8 has a 1600ish base score but gets matched with 9s and 10s as I’ve got 14k medals.
Empire Lvl 10 85k+ medals (Circleof.Masters)
Empire Lvl 8 14k+ medals (Circleof.Sabers)
Former Leader - UncleOwen'sFate (perk level 49)

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am

Beththeboss wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:

That’s not what I said at all. I said you get more difficult opponents at L9 then L8 but didn’t quantify the reasoning. You’ll have a higher base score for a L9 HQ than L8 HQ all other things being equal, ergo higher level opponents, which if he’s struggling with what is attacking him already isn’t going to help. Then you have to take into account medals...

My L8 has a 1600ish base score but gets matched with 9s and 10s as I’ve got 14k medals.

Well, isn't this what you said "L9 is a massive jump from L8 in terms of opponents you’ll face and be attacked by ..." ?

The context of THIS DISCUSSION is whether you max out your turrets first at L8, or you make an early jump to L9.

I am arguing that jumping to L9 early and keeping turrets at lower level (6/7), everything else being equal, will actually get you easier opponents than maxing out all turrets at L8.

Return to “Defending Rivals”