Rebel attacks getting more vehicle heavy

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Rebel attacks getting more vehicle heavy

Post#1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:43 pm

My current layou at h.q 8 is 14 skinned bursts and two rocket turrets, i dont have rodian skin sadly, but I run sniper guard reserve at lvl 3 along with light infanty lvl3 ( on occasion will run dewbacks reserve also lvl 3).

14 skinned jumps I can deal with but lately if it isn't a lvl ten kessler trick shotting my s.c. it seems that rebel attacks have gotten a lot more vehicle heavy these days.
I spend most of my time on tat, last two weeks it's been lvl ten attack after attack. Not complaing or whining I like to learn and get better, today was 16 attacks 14 by lvl tens. And I added nine more defensive wins to my record.

I know sonics will help almost there. But curious what other imp h.q 8 and 9 are running for d.
My offline armory is generally lvl 3 snipers reserve, lvl 3 light infantry reserve, burst damage and health skin at lvl 5 and walls skin lvl 7
From the brightest light comes the darkest shadow,
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

ChiptheFish
Major General

Re: Rebel attacks getting more vehicle heavy

Post#2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:48 am

The devs buffed several vehicles lately to discourage the ridiculous Burst Turret farms that have shown up. I like it. I'm hoping that the attacks will become less predictable (read, "Jet invasion") and base layouts will have to return to a more mixed design.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: Officer in this Level 43 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-11 player's welcome. 2-3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:04 am

Ya was gonna add a few more missile turrets but 22 hours to h.q nine so sonics and bursts. While there have been some vechile buffs and a increase in mixed unit attacks every other rebel attack on my base is 14 to 17 skinned jumps.bursts drop them rather nicely. Rarely do I see a lvl 8 attack me. While some of the lower lvl mixed turret where fun. But these days to stay in the meta like always have to go with what works
Officer in death-dealer
Looking to fill a few recent openings we take any lvl player, whether you are a seasoned vet or just starting out we have a place for you.
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:38 am

The Rebel Repulsor Tank was buffed (also the Imperial AT-ST), and both earned a skin usable as Advanced Unit on any planet, but most Rebel keep attacking with hordes of Jets anyway, just ignoring the extra buff of the Imperial Burst turrets or because the don't have the skin or don't know about the vehicles buff... They keep faceplant against my Imperial Burst/Rodians GR base...

You notice the increase in power of Repulsor if you are an Imperial HQ 10 like me and do Heroic Defenses against "Vehicles" and "Vehicles + Infantry" raids that are full of Rebel Repulsor tanks (16 only in the first wave = giving me about 20% damage), These used to be the easiest HDs to do, now are tough because of the Repulsor buff.
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:48 am

mkenobi wrote:The Rebel Repulsor Tank was buffed (also the Imperial AT-ST), and both earned a skin usable as Advanced Unit on any planet, but most Rebel keep attacking with hordes of Jets anyway, just ignoring the extra buff of the Imperial Burst turrets or because the don't have the skin or don't know about the vehicles buff... They keep faceplant against my Imperial Burst/Rodians GR base...

You notice the increase in power of Repulsor if you are an Imperial HQ 10 like me and do Heroic Defenses against "Vehicles" and "Vehicles + Infantry" raids that are full of Rebel Repulsor tanks (16 only in the first wave = giving me about 20% damage), These used to be the easiest HDs to do, now are tough because of the Repulsor buff.

I rip apart 14 to 18 jump attacks , lately successful rebels have been using around four stolen txs 4 skinned snipes 2 medicdroids and the rest 8 to ten jumps and of course don't forget lvl ten kessler.
Officer in death-dealer
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

CoolGuy
Commodore

Post#6 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Where the Imperial all burst turret defence is starting to fail is in squad wars with Tatooine in play. Once the shields go down a small number of hailfires and ATRTs quickly overwhelm an Imperial base. It was only a couple of weeks ago I had no idea how to attack with the Tatooine outpost, but it took me only one SW to realize that burst turrets are now a weakness for Imperials, and jets are not needed at all.

Shadow1979
Squadron Leader

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:20 pm

CoolGuy wrote:Where the Imperial all burst turret defence is starting to fail is in squad wars with Tatooine in play. Once the shields go down a small number of hailfires and ATRTs quickly overwhelm an Imperial base. It was only a couple of weeks ago I had no idea how to attack with the Tatooine outpost, but it took me only one SW to realize that burst turrets are now a weakness for Imperials, and jets are not needed at all.

Ya a lvl eight imp base isn't fun, sonics kinda cure that problem. Opressor is the same attacks out of a bursts range. Actually so do snipers. But most rebel attacks I see are still 14 to 18 jumps ( or jets is the rebel term?) . The decent rebels these days go with some thing like 4 stolen t.xs 3 to 4 skinned snipers. Maybe a hellfire throwen in and the rest jets.
Officer in death-dealer
Ign-shsdow19 h.q 9

Return to “Defending Rivals”