Need some tips to base defense

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
User avatar
Kylo
Commodore
Posts: 116

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#21 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Maybe rebels don't complain anymore because they've all quit--we need MORE jet buff for rebels to get some of them back, IMO.


BCSWC
Commander
Posts: 26

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#22 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Plagueis wrote:
BCSWC wrote:Attached here would be the equipments. Unfortunately didn't manage to unlock sniper gr and rodian. My current setup is 4 rockets, 6 sonics and 8 rapid fires...wondering if I should swap out the rockets for rapid fires. Since my original plan was for the rockets to take out the jugganauts before they can take down the shields and bring the air strikes in, but dsnt seem as viable now. Btw thanks for the tips guys :)


looking at what you have to work with, I would honestly swap out those rockets for more rapids until you hit HQ 10. IMO you’re also better off running snipes or even bikes in your SC vs. buffed jumps, assuming why you have that equipment activated. You want a defensive SC unit that has a damage modifier vs. infantry such as snipes or bikes. They’re vulnerable to air strike but many rebels will use up their fangs on guard reserve before they trip the SC. Rebels get away with running buffed SC jets because they’re disgustingly OP unlike our jumps. This will allow you to run guard reserve dewbacks which surprisingly, actually help your turrets work better because they slow attackers enough to allow the turrets to get more shots in than usual before being destroyed. As funny as it sounds, reserve dewbacks are close to as good as reserve snipes for this reason.

Sure. Thanks :D


BCSWC
Commander
Posts: 26

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#23 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:13 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to get sniper gr frags in bronzium crates because I've been getting frags for other gr equipment instead tho?


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1327

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#24 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 pm

You can but they are rarer than the other reserve equipment. Use relocation perks to complete objectives and heroic defenses on all worlds a few times a day and you’ll get enough GR snipe frags in no time.


BCSWC
Commander
Posts: 26

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 am

Plagueis wrote:You can but they are rarer than the other reserve equipment. Use relocation perks to complete objectives and heroic defenses on all worlds a few times a day and you’ll get enough GR snipe frags in no time.

How do you get 3 stars for heroic defense? Non-defensive buildings are always destroyed and by then the 30% damage is done before any defensive buildings are touched


User avatar
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral
Posts: 756

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#26 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:05 am

Kylo wrote:Maybe rebels don't complain anymore because they've all quit--we need MORE jet buff for rebels to get some of them back, IMO.


Here's a link to the thread discussing player stats.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21650&start=80

The link is to the latest page of the thread, but the stats go back to August.
HQ 10 - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.


User avatar
Kylo
Commodore
Posts: 116

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#27 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 am

BCSWC wrote:
Plagueis wrote:You can but they are rarer than the other reserve equipment. Use relocation perks to complete objectives and heroic defenses on all worlds a few times a day and you’ll get enough GR snipe frags in no time.

How do you get 3 stars for heroic defense? Non-defensive buildings are always destroyed and by then the 30% damage is done before any defensive buildings are touched

You've probably come across bases where all the buildings are in the top corner and the turrets and walls are across the bottom. Units will only attack from the bottom making it easier to get three stars without having to use your traps, SC, and heroes.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1327

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#28 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:00 am

Kylo wrote:
BCSWC wrote:
Plagueis wrote:You can but they are rarer than the other reserve equipment. Use relocation perks to complete objectives and heroic defenses on all worlds a few times a day and you’ll get enough GR snipe frags in no time.

How do you get 3 stars for heroic defense? Non-defensive buildings are always destroyed and by then the 30% damage is done before any defensive buildings are touched

You've probably come across bases where all the buildings are in the top corner and the turrets and walls are across the bottom. Units will only attack from the bottom making it easier to get three stars without having to use your traps, SC, and heroes.


+100000. This is how a lot of people do it until they get higher level guard reserve. It’s not uncommon earn a 3-star HD this way with less than 15% base destruction. There’s a few major things to consider though:

1. You will probably lose every pvp defense with this layout until you get high even level GR to compensate.

2. If you go with this V-shaped turret layout, there can’t be any open spaces in or around your base above those turrets, otherwise troops will deploy in those spaces.


Return to “Defending Rivals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest