Need some tips to base defense

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
BCSWC
Commander
Posts: 32

Need some tips to base defense

Post#1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm level 9 currently and not sure which combo of defense turrets to use and positioning. I'm finding the medic-heavies and medic-snipers combo difficult to counter and jump troopers because of the equipment. Rapid fires don't work because they only take out one or two medics before being annihilated whereas sonic can't take out those heavies when they are spread out. Mortars not sure as they can be pretty inconsistent with the effectiveness and as for burst easily overwhelmed by large numbers due to the range. Need some tips please help. Thanks!


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#2 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:46 am

Need more info. What do you have for armory equipment and what do you currently have activated? What mix of turrets do you have right now?


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1262

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Going all buffed rapids works best in my experience. They don't get mesmerized by Luke like all the other turrets, and won't be outranged like bursts.


User avatar
Poene
Commodore
Posts: 220

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Back in the day when the medic-heavy combo was king I switched from a corner base to a spread out base with a stump field. You can find an example in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17639&p=26530
Or my base:
Image

I found this quite effective because the heavies, due to their generalist targeting priority, went for the junk buildings at the outer rim and did the tour of buildings around my base. Meanwhile any deployed wookies or juggs went straight for the core (where the turrets and shields) and, unsupported by the heavies, were wrecked.

When the jet buffs were introduced this layout was still doing well because jets are generalist and they love to clump together. A double or triple sonic shot makes short work of jet gangs.

Of course a skilled attacker knows how to deal with this. But in the replays I see I am always amazed by how dumb many players are.

Maybe this could be of some inspiration for you.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#5 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Check out Hego Damask from SANDtroopers. It’s my lvl 9 alt and I’m averaging a 70% defensive win rate with that setup including against jet attacks. Lvl 10’s tend to get through at least half of the time but that’s expected.

Armory:

Rapid fire heat sink & reinforcements
Guard reserve snipes
Guard reserve storms
Guard reserve mhcs

SC:

Snipes and one imperial astromech


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 997

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#6 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Plagueis wrote:Check out Hego Damask from SANDtroopers. It’s my lvl 9 alt and I’m averaging a 70% defensive win rate with that setup including against jet attacks. Lvl 10’s tend to get through at least half of the time but that’s expected.

Armory:

Rapid fire heat sink & reinforcements
Guard reserve snipes
Guard reserve storms
Guard reserve mhcs

SC:

Snipes and one imperial astromech

Thought you said you had problem with jets attack and has been demanding a jets skin nerf ? Apparently not so here.
That defense record is amazing, especially for L9 base against L10 attacks.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Check out Hego Damask from SANDtroopers. It’s my lvl 9 alt and I’m averaging a 70% defensive win rate with that setup including against jet attacks. Lvl 10’s tend to get through at least half of the time but that’s expected.

Armory:

Rapid fire heat sink & reinforcements
Guard reserve snipes
Guard reserve storms
Guard reserve mhcs

SC:

Snipes and one imperial astromech

Thought you said you had problem with jets attack and has been demanding a jets skin nerf ? Apparently not so here.
That defense record is amazing, especially for L9 base against L10 attacks.


That’s because most of the attacks my level 9 are seeing are the traditional heavies + meds and snipe attacks. Hence why I offered advice to a player who is getting attacked by the same. I do get attacked occasionally by a bunch of jets but that tends to be maybe 1 out of every 5 defenses. They obviously aren’t high level jet skins or as experienced as I’m still seeing other builds more often. My level 10 on the other hand gets attacked by nothing but jets. Nice try calling me out though.

And yes, jets still need a nerf. I have less of a problem stopping them on defense most of the time as players who use them become overconfident and make mistakes and more of a problem with one faction having a stronger version of an identical unit for absolutely no reason. Don’t tell me a handful of easily lured low level GR snipes are a threat as most rebels can hit the 40%+ mark in base destruction before the second wave and four plinking snipes, even with rodian skins aren’t going to stop a mass of 22 buffed jets before earning a star. But WAAAAAA rebels need 3 stars EVERY attack!!! Lol. Maybe that’s a little excessive or maybe not. Especially when rebels are able to use mindless tactics to achieve victory that the other faction can’t duplicate because their fliers are simply weaker. No wonder you guys get so touchy about losing your advantage. But go ahead and defend the necessity for rebels to have the strongest attack in the game simply by spamming 22 of a single unit and using them almost exclusively in their SCs. Oh, but they’re not OP in the least bit. Give me a break.

I’m actually for nerfing jets AND jumps. They’re way too powerful for either faction.


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 852

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#8 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Plagueis wrote:and more of a problem with one faction having a stronger version of an identical unit for absolutely no reason


You mean like imperial bikes, imperial snipers, and imperial rapid fire turrets, right? Stop cherry picking.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1395

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Plagueis wrote:and more of a problem with one faction having a stronger version of an identical unit for absolutely no reason


You mean like imperial bikes, imperial snipers, and imperial rapid fire turrets, right? Stop cherry picking.


And not one of the things you listed are that much better than their rebel equivalents as jets are to jumps.

According to SWC wiki, RFTs do identical damage @ lvl 10 regardless of faction and have no difference in modifiers. Is their some hidden data that makes them vastly better for imps because I see plenty of rebs who use them too.

Rebel bikes have lower UC which means more of them can fill an SC (8) vs. the whopping 6 bikes imps can fit and 4 UC left for a probe droid.... But you guys have OP jets to do that job anyways. There was a time when every rebel SC was full of nothing but bikes...

Rebel sharpshooter damage @ lvl 10 = 2640
Imp sniper damage @ lvl 10 = 2310

1 UC difference for 330 more damage (around 1500 more for lvl 10 sharps with maxed sullustan skin than lvl 10 snipes with maxed rodian skin). But we do get a better damage modifier so we could have better snipes depending on the target. It’s late I don’t want to do that much math. Too bad our guard reserve snipes are typically lvl 3-4 which makes them pathetically weak without rodian skin (which makes them work like lvl 8 snipes) and SC snipes are vulnerable to air unlike jets. What would you rather go against, an SC full of stuff that has to be kessen sniped or lured and even then is a pain to kill off without investing at least half of your attack to it, or one that can be kessen sniped, lured and killed with 3 jets or killed with a single fang if plan A and plan B fail?


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 997

Re: Need some tips to base defense

Post#10 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Plagueis wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Check out Hego Damask from SANDtroopers. It’s my lvl 9 alt and I’m averaging a 70% defensive win rate with that setup including against jet attacks. Lvl 10’s tend to get through at least half of the time but that’s expected.

Armory:

Rapid fire heat sink & reinforcements
Guard reserve snipes
Guard reserve storms
Guard reserve mhcs

SC:

Snipes and one imperial astromech

Thought you said you had problem with jets attack and has been demanding a jets skin nerf ? Apparently not so here.
That defense record is amazing, especially for L9 base against L10 attacks.


That’s because most of the attacks my level 9 are seeing are the traditional heavies + meds and snipe attacks. Hence why I offered advice to a player who is getting attacked by the same. I do get attacked occasionally by a bunch of jets but that tends to be maybe 1 out of every 5 defenses. They obviously aren’t high level jet skins or as experienced as I’m still seeing other builds more often. My level 10 on the other hand gets attacked by nothing but jets. Nice try calling me out though.

And yes, jets still need a nerf. I have less of a problem stopping them on defense most of the time as players who use them become overconfident and make mistakes and more of a problem with one faction having a stronger version of an identical unit for absolutely no reason. Don’t tell me a handful of easily lured low level GR snipes are a threat as most rebels can hit the 40%+ mark in base destruction before the second wave and four plinking snipes, even with rodian skins aren’t going to stop a mass of 22 buffed jets before earning a star. But WAAAAAA rebels need 3 stars EVERY attack!!! Lol. Maybe that’s a little excessive or maybe not. Especially when rebels are able to use mindless tactics to achieve victory that the other faction can’t duplicate because their fliers are simply weaker. No wonder you guys get so touchy about losing your advantage. But go ahead and defend the necessity for rebels to have the strongest attack in the game simply by spamming 22 of a single unit and using them almost exclusively in their SCs. Oh, but they’re not OP in the least bit. Give me a break.

I’m actually for nerfing jets AND jumps. They’re way too powerful for either faction.

Only nerfing jets/jumps without reducing defense capbility (like GR) IS A REALLY BAD IDEA.
Instead, introducing new skin for mechs, like sand/forest skin for MHCs and HFDs, new skin for jugg/ATAT and ATST/T2B, etc..
People use jumps/jets because that is the only effective option. Give other effective options and I will guarantee you will use/see new load combo. I am getting bored of usng jumps and TXs. Would like to dust off the MHCs and ATATs, and ATSTs.
Give Luke a new skin, and perhaps we will see less Kessen.
I prefer giving players more options, than taking them (jumps/jets) away.
(If offense gets too strong, then perhaps give sonics a new skin that reduce time between shots. Woohoo)
Balance can be achieved by adding more options and not just by substracting options.


Return to “Defending Rivals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests