Defending against Kessen Super-Shot

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Maia
Commander

Defending against Kessen Super-Shot

Post#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 am

I have recently upgraded to level 10. I took my time at level 9 and upgraded all buildings to max level available. At the time I was already attacked by level tens most of the time, so I thought upgrading to level 10 would't make much difference. However now I'm getting constantly crushed at 100% by people using maxed Kessen+Luga, which makes SC useless. My defensive record used to be quite good, I'm number 2 in my squad on that matter with almost 1000 defensive wins
So... any tips on defending against Kessen Super-Shot? I have a mix of sonics and equipped rapid fires, with GR snipers and stormtroopers.

(I did some previous forum research on this topic but couldnt find any defending tips, if such post already exists please let me know, thank you!)

RCM
Commodore

Re: Defending against Kessen Super-Shot

Post#2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:10 am

Most Kessen users line him up with a stationary deka. Keep your dekas near your SC but not in a direct LoS. Approx. 70% of my defenses are against Kessen and he nukes my SC less than 10% of the time.
Empire squad: WAR247 232/4/8 W/L/D

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 am

Move your dekas up close to a map corner and put your SC in between them. This forces players to deploy kessen within SC (and often turret) range. While effective, many players have moved away from targeting dekas and using guard reserve troops to make the shot. I counter this by making “sweet spots” in my base to attack from and loading traps along those paths. People will rarely snipe from one direction and attack from an offset angle. They will attack from the opposite direction at times but will typically deploy the bulk of their attack around kessen. Lastly, put a tie or it’d trap in each corner to thwart luring attempts and aid in spoiling the kessen shot.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am

Plagueis wrote:Move your dekas up close to a map corner and put your SC in between them. This forces players to deploy kessen within SC (and often turret) range. While effective, many players have moved away from targeting dekas and using guard reserve troops to make the shot. I counter this by making “sweet spots” in my base to attack from and loading traps along those paths. People will rarely snipe from one direction and attack from an offset angle. They will attack from the opposite direction at times but will typically deploy the bulk of their attack around kessen. Lastly, put a tie or itd trap in each corner to thwart luring attempts and aid in spoiling the kessen shot.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am

Plagueis wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Move your dekas up close to a map corner and put your SC in between them. This forces players to deploy kessen within SC (and often turret) range. While effective, many players have moved away from targeting dekas and using guard reserve troops to make the shot. I counter this by making “sweet spots” in my base to attack from and loading traps along those paths. People will rarely snipe from one direction and attack from an offset angle. They will attack from the opposite direction at times but will typically deploy the bulk of their attack around kessen. Lastly, put a tie or idt trap in each corner to thwart luring attempts and aid in spoiling the kessen shot.

RCM
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 am

Plagueis wrote:Move your dekas up close to a map corner and put your SC in between them. This forces players to deploy kessen within SC (and often turret) range. While effective, many players have moved away from targeting dekas and using guard reserve troops to make the shot. I counter this by making “sweet spots” in my base to attack from and loading traps along those paths. People will rarely snipe from one direction and attack from an offset angle. They will attack from the opposite direction at times but will typically deploy the bulk of their attack around kessen. Lastly, put a tie or it’d trap in each corner to thwart luring attempts and aid in spoiling the kessen shot.

Yeah, clever.

I spaz Vader in the corner and have never lost him due to traps, not yet, anyway.
Empire squad: WAR247 232/4/8 W/L/D

YourFather
Commodore

Post#7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Great advice on here but also remember this; there is no fool-proof base out there (not that I've seen anyway). Even the best anti-kessen bases can get sniped (that I have seen).
Also, if you go all-in with anti-kessen then you'll just get a different hero at your door. You get rolled either way.
With your level 9 turrets, you won't have a lot of success on defense against level10s. It's probably best just to focus on making your base defend resources (at the cost of a lost match). You can chase the Golden Dragon (kessen-proof base) once you get your base maxed out.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:18 pm

The best defensive ratio I’ve managed is around 75% against a variety of attackers. The really high level guys will have your number more often than not and that includes my base. I usually return the favor so it’s not too bad.

Return to “Defending Rivals”