Desert jump trooper defense.

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
ChiptheFish
Commodore

Re: Desert jump trooper defense.

Post#11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:38 am

Plagueis wrote:Imps, swap in more high level sonic turrets and run more GR equipment.

Sonic turrets are the only effective defensive for my Jet swarms, but I've learned to trigger them with a Luke or my Ithorians (their shield makes them invincible to the initial sonic blast).
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:40 am

KrakenKodes wrote:...Still smashed. Lost 150K contra too...hurts! But it's part of the game so I just attack more to offset the losses. Oh well. There is an ebb and flow to the game and we seem to be back to the offense.

+1000

I gain far more on offense than I loose on defense. Don't expect to sit on a pile of loot. Go get what you need and spend it when you need it.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

KrakenKodes
Commodore

Post#13 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 am

@ChiptheFish, I hear ya on sitting on loot. Was tired of grinding and didn't want to buy protection. It takes forever to upgrade the dekas past L30 and dumping a boat load crystals for another 100K in contra hurts worse than seeing the replay of the base getting toasted....!

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#14 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:12 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Imps, swap in more high level sonic turrets and run more GR equipment.

Sonic turrets are the only effective defensive for my Jet swarms, but I've learned to trigger them with a Luke or my Ithorians (their shield makes them invincible to the initial sonic blast).

Many try and many fail against my sonic farm using luke and ithorians.The thing that stops jet attacks isn't the initial sonic blast that rebels try to trip with luke or ithorians. It's the hordes of infantry that stops the jets while the sonics recharge for a second and third blast. The brunt of the attacks have trouble closing the gap while within sonic range and get pummeled. My average win against most level 10 rebel jump + healship builds is 23%. Heavy + meds do a little better.

SVM
Lieutenant

Post#15 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Im a LV10 base with all LV10 Turrets mainly Sonic's, Wall & Turret buffers but no Troop/Unit Spawn upgrades as i missed out, no matter what i do im being defeted nearly every attack, 100% against Jump troops, my Driodeka upgrades have stop because i can never save enough anymore

The game has become very very unbalanced & very boring & im struggling to find resason to continue.

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#16 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 am

SVM wrote:Im a LV10 base with all LV10 Turrets mainly Sonic's, Wall & Turret buffers but no Troop/Unit Spawn upgrades as i missed out, no matter what i do im being defeted nearly every attack, 100% against Jump troops, my Driodeka upgrades have stop because i can never save enough anymore

The game has become very very unbalanced & very boring & im struggling to find resason to continue.

if you lose every defense then you are guaranteed to gain protection after losing 10% of your contra. just play long sessions to ensure you gain more than you gonna lose after logging out. Two steps forward - one step back. This way you will advance towards next upgrade steadily.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 am

Sigma582 wrote:
SVM wrote:Im a LV10 base with all LV10 Turrets mainly Sonic's, Wall & Turret buffers but no Troop/Unit Spawn upgrades as i missed out, no matter what i do im being defeted nearly every attack, 100% against Jump troops, my Driodeka upgrades have stop because i can never save enough anymore

if you lose every defense then you are guaranteed to gain protection after losing 10% of your contra. just play long sessions to ensure you gain more than you gonna lose after logging out. Two steps forward - one step back. This way you will advance towards next upgrade steadily.

Without buffed jets, attacking against bases with armory fully equipped won't be pretty.
Sure you can take on dev bases, but no loot there.
The rich bases are usually hard to beat.
One option is to trade crystals for loots by crystalling air then snipe at open vaults. Expensive option.
But then why do this anyway ? levelling up defense structures or Deka without GR and buffed jets/jumps is useless.

This game is all about chasing important frags. If you missed out on key events, you are doomed.
What's left is squad war.

SVM
Lieutenant

Post#18 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 am

DarkRebel wrote:Without buffed jets, attacking against bases with armory fully equipped won't be pretty.
One option is to trade crystals for loots by crystalling air then snipe at open vaults. Expensive option.
But then why do this anyway ? levelling up defense structures or Deka without GR and buffed jets/jumps is useless.

This game is all about chasing important frags. If you missed out on key events, you are doomed.

This is my problem, missed out on the Unit/Troop spawn upgrade because i was to busy to be in those confict wars my base is now defenceless, & i cant find the fragments anywhere.

The game shouldnt be so unbalance that if you miss a conflcit or miss out on the top 5% that everything falls apart.

Plus with out squard wars im getting nothing.

SVM
Lieutenant

Post#19 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am

Sigma582 wrote:

But then i cant fight in the conflict wars, not the end of the world if Squard Wsrs was still active.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:40 am

SVM wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:Without buffed jets, attacking against bases with armory fully equipped won't be pretty.

This is my problem, missed out on the Unit/Troop spawn upgrade because i was to busy to be in those confict wars my base is now defenceless, & i cant find the fragments anywhere.

The game shouldnt be so unbalance that if you miss a conflcit or miss out on the top 5% that everything falls apart.

Plus with out squard wars im getting nothing.

A squadmate of mine recently came back after a six-month hiatus. He was able to unlock all three types of jets by doing heroic defenses and the daily crates over the course of three to four weeks. It did involve some medal loss to complete certain crates, but he's now up and running after starting from having nothing unlocked. It's not fun at first, but it's not hopeless. The heroic defense crates contain soldiers, heavies, jets, some hero fragments, and fragments for defense, including guard reserve.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Return to “Defending Rivals”