Desert jump trooper defense.

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Franklancer
Cadet Trooper

Desert jump trooper defense.

Post#1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 am

I've a rebel level ten base, but can't come up with any defenses that even slow down swarms of 10+ desert jump troopers. Any advice on how to protect my base?

DeathStriker

Re: Desert jump trooper defense.

Post#2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:13 am

Franklancer wrote:I've a rebel level ten base, but can't come up with any defenses that even slow down swarms of 10+ desert jump troopers. Any advice on how to protect my base?

Franklancer - Currently the best place to be to avoid any Jump Trooper Swarms is to be on Hoth.

Avoid Tatooine / Er'Kit if you want to avoid Desert Jump Troopers and currently all Green Planets (Dandoran, Tavin 4, Takodana) are starting to see some evidence of Forest Jump Trooper Swarms (but not as much as they are still new).

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Noahjedi77
Captain

Post#3 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:30 am

For me, sharps or buffed jets work best in my sc on defense
-my opinion

Member of:ElvenRebels
HQ:10
Faction:Rebel
:)

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#4 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:23 am

+1 on the sharps or + 1000 buffed jumps in your SC. If your attacker has healships you're probably outta luck still. Everyone is getting rammed equally by jumps + healships right now. Expect a nerf.

Jrrradytorumble
Captain

Post#5 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Put jets and 1-2 bikes or jets plus snipers and turn on your jet buff skin. It works better than anything against a horde of buff jumps right now
Member of Samurai Hunters squad
We drink Sake when warring
We are level 50 war squad, and always accepting new samurai to fight the soulless empires:)

darthlordmike

Post#6 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:39 am

While it is cool to have these overpowered troops that can wipe a base, being on the receiving end of several attacks is not. Especially, given I haven't even come close to obtaining any of the boosted/skins for the Jump troopers.
I have a hq 10 imp base with all turrets level 9 and my attack troops level 10 with skinned shore heavy troopers.
I am failing to see a reason to keep playing this game. even with skinned heavies and boost on my turrets and guard reserve boost, i find it very difficult to make progress in this game. if the jump troopers are nerfed, it would be good because there is an obvious imbalance but it would suck that only a small number of players got to dominate with them.
Anyway, of the improvements this game need, that would be a start. feeling I have put a lot of time in this game and not been able to reap the rewards.

KrakenKodes
Commodore

Post#7 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree avoid tat and 'krit for buffed jets/jumps. All forest planets are getting tough too. I have a maxed L10 imp base L5/6 GR and L5 skins on all jumps. I've been destroyed 90-100% on Tat and Dando running 4 GRs, dropping the MHC (too slow) and all jumps in my SC with L5 skin. Still smashed. Lost 150K contra too...hurts! But it's part of the game so I just attack more to offset the losses. Oh well. There is an ebb and flow to the game and we seem to be back to the offense, with buffed jets at almost 20% above imps, rebs have no excuses now...clearly by the destruction they've brought to my base, I'd say they've been handsomely compensated for any perceived imbalance with the GR.

WallyORO
Squadron Leader

Post#8 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Squad comes out in reverse order they are put in. So ask for "medic+sniper+medic+sniper+saboteur+2 speeders". i find that snipers accompanied by medics in defense works best. Speeders take off quickly, normally getting opponent airdrops, leaving slower snipers to do the real defense work. Also, modify turrets to have more rapid fire rather than rocket turrets. Vehicle attacks are no longer the norm from the Empire. Hope it helps.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#9 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Rebels, run buffed jets or lots of sharps/marksmen in your SC's and place all four shields over the SC and in a hard to reach area.

Imps, swap in more high level sonic turrets and run more GR equipment.

I'm hardly the first person to say this, but the introduction of armory equipement has seriously hurt SWC. Having crazy buffed troops means more wins, but eliminates the need for any form of strategy which was a big factor in making SWC entertaining. Yes, even consistent 100% wins gets boring after a while.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 am

Franklancer wrote:I've a rebel level ten base, but can't come up with any defenses that even slow down swarms of 10+ desert jump troopers. Any advice on how to protect my base?

I've seen a few SC's with a Rancor and then Snipers in it - fairly effective since the Rancor soaks up the fire and the snipers pulled down my Jets like flies. It's forced me to be more conscious of the SC and resume baiting it and killing it before lawn mowing the base with my Jets. Snipers well hidden under a shield or other buildings is also a good defense. Boosted jets slow down my jet-attack, but in general don't stop me.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “Defending Rivals”