Camping?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
raptor
Major General

Camping?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Does anyone "camp" at certain levels to catch up on peripheral upgrades or do you simply level up as quickly as possible? At higher levels, you are simply paired up against tougher opponents so you're more likely to be at a disadvantage if you level up too quickly?

Bobby

Re: Camping?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 pm

I'm "camping" at level 6 because upgrades just take so f*ing long!

rjobradley

Post#3 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 am

I tried leveling up as soon as I could and I have been beaten down on defense and attack. Down below 500 medals now, trying to recover. Building all defensive units first by attacking to building up alloy instead of mining.

auribe14
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Camping.

I too thought it would be better too level up so that I could get more turrets, etc. but then I found myself getting my butt kicked by assets that were that level, versus mine that were a level or two behind.

Thulsidar

Post#5 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Exactly. Wben you reach lvl6 there is no point in leveling your HQ, until you upgrade all your turrets, walls, rsearch lab, main attack units (ones working best for you), barracks and factories.

Your advancement score will rocket with new HQ level, pairing you with more developed players.

NogginToboggan
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:19 am

I leveled quickly up to 7 because i wanted certain units available. of course they changed the mobile platform from vehicle targeting to turret targeting (and I wasnt aware it was useless to anything not turret or vehicle or wall). then I camped level 7. just got to 8 and will be camping 8 until everything is completed or level 9 comes out, whichever comes last.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#7 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:46 am

I camped too long at lv4 and upgraded everything and when i saw i was waiting with a 4d upgrade on the HQ with the bank full without anything to expend...

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#8 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Normally I would say you just keep a reasonably relation of hq level to defense/attack level. I didn't necessarily had all turrets & shields at hq level when upgrading. Especially from lv 6 on. Now I`m at lv 9 and had about half of the turrets still at lv. 7 when I arrived. I still have some at lv 7 and win anyway some defenses (works a bit better when droideka is not upgrading).

If you camp at higher levels and upgrade everything before switching then you might be matched to higher HQs anyway (depending also on your medal score). So there's a point where upgrading doesn't make a big difference anymore.

On iOS/Android the unit research level has been taken out of the base score. So researching your units doesn't make things worse.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#9 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:12 pm

RebelYell wrote:Normally I would say you just keep a reasonably relation of hq level to defense/attack level. I didn't necessarily had all turrets & shields at hq level when upgrading. Especially from lv 6 on. Now I`m at lv 9 and had about half of the turrets still at lv. 7 when I arrived. I still have some at lv 7 and win anyway some defenses (works a bit better when droideka is not upgrading).

If you camp at higher levels and upgrade everything before switching then you might be matched to higher HQs anyway (depending also on your medal score). So there's a point where upgrading doesn't make a big difference anymore.

On iOS/Android the unit research level has been taken out of the base score. So researching your units doesn't make things worse.

I usually only upgrade the HQ when i'm almost on the end of the level upgrades (usually lacking part of the walls/turrets one or other stuff). Then, in level 6 i decided to buy the droideka!!! Then i started liking the extra defense and attack of my level 1 droideka... I never had been atacked by a droideka anyway, but then i was atacked by a level 8 base with a droideka level 13 + a droideka opressor lv 8 and a whole army twice mine and was rampaged 100%. It made my mood so bad that i almost started thinking if i should or not play the game anymore... I think i'm going to puposedly loose my stars just to be able to have fair matches when there is a conflict going on where the prize is of my interest so that i can have a chance to be in the 2%, wich now is very difficult...

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#10 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 am

Defense usually hasn't a big value for conflict. It is more important which opponents you're presented when attacking. Because you usually attack multiple times and defend only once.

Anyway. Lowering your medals probably will match you with easier opponents on offense und defense. That is right. Winning defenses might get a bit easier when you raise in the levels (naturally only if you have a good squad filling your SC).
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Return to “Defending Rivals”