Defending using squad requested troops

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
raptor
Major General

Defending using squad requested troops

Post#1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:55 am

If you have troops in your Squad Center when you are attacked, those units will join in the defense.

This is especially useful against strong units such as Wookies/Tanks/Heroes. Since most of the strongest attacking units typically target Turrets first, the attacking units will ignore the defending troops until all Turrets are destroyed. The defending troops will get free hits for majority of the battle. Soldiers and Stormtroopers are especially useful for defense because although they have relatively low Health, they have high DPS per troop.

So instead of using up the requested troops for attacking, try to save them for defense. Don't forget to request more troops once they are used up.

dulej
Storm Trooper

Help

Post#2 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:36 am

I have troops in my squad centre but when I defend they don't show up to defend.What is the problem and how can I use them to defend?

MikeD

Re: Defending using squad requested troops

Post#3 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Make sure your Squad Center is in range of the attack spot. If you click on your Squad Center, you will see a ring around the building similar to the turrets. This is the active range where your Squad troops will respond.

dulej
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:29 pm

The squad center is in range but the troops dont come out to defend???

MikeD

Post#5 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Can you attach a picture of your base? Press the on/off button at the same time with the home button to take a screenshot on your iPhone or iPad. Then attach the picture here.

dulej
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:13 pm

I might have found the problem. Will the squad troops defend the base in a story defend mission? I am still on my protection.

dulej
Storm Trooper

Post#7 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Here is the picture. It's in range
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raptor
Major General

Post#8 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:47 pm

That's a weird one. Seems your squad center is well in range. Is this still happening? Try another layout if you must.

I recommend a build where all your turrets are as close together as possible and also near your HQ. Never leave your HQ unguarded as other I've seem other websites suggest. The leader board is ranked by medals not upgrades or resources.

Also use the walls to wrap the turrets. Full wall is ideal as you want to make it difficult for your opponent to attack from any direction. You might consider other funnel techniques suggested on this forum.

MFSuspect
Officer

Post#9 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:37 pm

My SC troops just successfully helped defend an attack and since they weren't killed - were not "used up" and remain available in the SC.

From a rebel standpoint: our crew has found that a combination of 1 medic with remainder in either Heavies or Wookies is pretty effective in either offensive or defensive stances. Doing some experimenting with skiffs to defend against the super-nasty AT-ATs.

Anon

Post#10 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:16 am

If your squad center is enclosed behind walls will your troops still come out normal or will they wait until some of the wall is taken down?

Return to “Defending Rivals”