Traps under shields

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Maia
Commander

Traps under shields

Post#1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 am

I have a corner style base with a couple traps on the top corner. Problem is some of those traps are covered by one of my shields. Do my shields protect enemy troops from being hit when the traps are tripped?

rRr
Admiral

Re: Traps under shields

Post#2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 am

Maia wrote:I have a corner style base with a couple traps on the top corner. Problem is some of those traps are covered by one of my shields. Do my shields protect enemy troops from being hit when the traps are tripped?

No, but shields also does not protect traps to get destroyed by shock trooper / Vanguard.

It surprised me, but Shock trooper will destroy trap even if its covered by shield. He shots it down like there was no shield..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Maia
Commander

Post#3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:13 am

rRr wrote:
Maia wrote:I have a corner style base with a couple traps on the top corner. Problem is some of those traps are covered by one of my shields. Do my shields protect enemy troops from being hit when the traps are tripped?

No, but shields also does not protect traps to get destroyed by shock trooper / Vanguard.

It surprised me, but Shock trooper will destroy trap even if its covered by shield. He shots it down like there was no shield..

Thanks for the info! I have my droideka nearby with the hope it will deal with those vanguards ;)

karlsmith1987
Commander

Post#4 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:37 am

rRr wrote:

Vanguards and Troopers can shoot through shields.. This is the description off the game for them:

Vanguards field powerful PLEX rocket launchers, designed to bypass shields and destroy from a distance. These path-clearing troops are specially trained to seek out and destroy traps.

That's one of the big pluses for me!

Return to “Defending Rivals”