Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.

Poll: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Rebel medic droids should be nerfed
25%
Totally unfair but would be fair if the AT-AT was restored to full power
19%
It can be overpowering
12%
Fair
11%
It is so not overpowered
34%
Total votes: 205

FalkenXIV
Squadron Leader

Re: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Post#31 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 am

My base is a new LVL-8 most of my things are only LVL-7 (including all my Turrets, Walls, and Shields).

They did only 12% damage... You know what got me that win? Good base design and Guard Reserves (Trooper Skins+Trooper Guards, Sniper Guards, and Wall Bracing).

Is it over powered compared to other army setups? Yes, but if you are taking care of yourself, it is not a problem.

~ In-Game Name: Falken ~ Leader of ItsaTrap Imperial Squad ~

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#32 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Helps that the attacker forgot to turn on heavy buffs. And used a crazy number of medics. And used a father.

preengaged

Post#33 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:12 am

So, the heavy/medic combo (which I used to use) was powerful - I will admit. However, ever since guard reserve has become a thing, that combination has become worthless.

consojburow
Cadet Trooper

Post#34 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 pm

Same can be said for the full-on jump trooper method too. Get armory upgrade, build an army of jump troopers, just as easily "OP" as the hvy+medic combo. I have a bigger beef with the level of AI intelligence, a hero running past snipers to get to a tank when doing heroic defense, or standing in middle of a bunch of buildings, the ONE thing shooting you and the unit attacks every other thing first. Don't get me wrong, hvy+medic combo is ridiculous, but so are a lot of other things like jump trooper spam. There are ways to counter each one, usually with snipers in the SC and placing the SC under shields so the snipers shoot from safety of the shield dome. Worst case shield dome goes down quick, snipers put a big dent in the opposing army. Also while snipers are good, they are not always going to win. Prepared attacker will have shields down and drop anti-infantry air strike on top of 'em and they are ineffectual then.

Return to “Defending Rivals”