Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.

Poll: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Rebel medic droids should be nerfed
26%
Totally unfair but would be fair if the AT-AT was restored to full power
21%
It can be overpowering
9%
Fair
12%
It is so not overpowered
33%
Total votes: 144

DeltaBravo
Captain

Re: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Post#21 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:19 am

I still prefer having Speeders in my SC, but to avoid the occasional bait/Twi'lek kamikaze, what is y'alls preferred mix for defense? I'm trying speeders with 1 or 2 snipes but I'm not sold on it yet. I don't expect to win defense against lvl 10 rebels considering most of my base is still upgrading to lvl 9, but for the other attackers I would like something that would work even if the 1st four bikes got squashed. On a side note, I have had times when rebel SC's triggered some but not all troops. How does this happen, I don't think SC troops have different activation range like in CoC.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#22 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:36 am

DeltaBravo wrote:I still prefer having Speeders in my SC, but to avoid the occasional bait/Twi'lek kamikaze, what is y'alls preferred mix for defense? I'm trying speeders with 1 or 2 snipes but I'm not sold on it yet. I don't expect to win defense against lvl 10 rebels considering most of my base is still upgrading to lvl 9, but for the other attackers I would like something that would work even if the 1st four bikes got squashed. On a side note, I have had times when rebel SC's triggered some but not all troops. How does this happen, I don't think SC troops have different activation range like in CoC.

My fave is 4snipes 2 bikes. Fits the 40 units. Snipes tend to lag behind shields, walls so they have some protection. For triggering troops, I would suggest that ur squad donated after u were attacked.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#23 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 pm

Sorry, I meant on offense I noticed that as I got closer a couple more Hailfire's came out of SC, messed up my attack because I used my bikes up on the first wave of sc troops. It's not a big concern, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it. It's happened two or three times to me. On the other hand I got the karma back when on a different attack one of their juggs was stuck in place.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

Hellion

Post#24 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Everything about the empire is overpowered. Real tough when all you have to do us throw out a few bikes and destroy anything in our sc. You have turrets that target droids and still whine. I hate using gunner droid combos but wth else can we use. Get attacked with100 stormtroopers, get crushed. Let us try to use 100 rebels and see what happens. Annihilation. Quit whining. Empire has way more of an advantage over the rebellion. If you dont think so, have an account of each.

LosVega
Major General

Post#25 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Hellion wrote:Everything about the empire is overpowered. Real tough when all you have to do us throw out a few bikes and destroy anything in our sc. You have turrets that target droids and still whine. I hate using gunner droid combos but wth else can we use. Get attacked with100 stormtroopers, get crushed. Let us try to use 100 rebels and see what happens. Annihilation. Quit whining. Empire has way more of an advantage over the rebellion. If you dont think so, have an account of each.

Who dug up this topic? This has been debated since the game came out when "mistakenly" meds healed meds as well as heavies til that got nerfed but I digress.

Attacking with all rebs prior to the armory buff? It can be done but it takes skill and timing. Done it a few times myself for crate objectives, just look for a sonic farm base - ez pz.

Empire overpowered? No not really. I do think the At-At and EAt-At are a little bit too good at busting shields from a distance but it balances out vs. Rebels. Just my opinion and I do play both factions but still a novice on the empire side.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

ShaynMikel
Lieutenant

Post#26 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 pm

I use the Medic/Heavy Combo regularly, and yes, it is pretty powerful. The problem, though, is mainly confined to Dandoran. While there are effective strategies to combat the combo on 6 of the 7 worlds, there is just no stopping a Medic/Gigoran combo.

Another thing: I would recommend that instead of eATAT's, you deploy a different Hero like, say, the Emperor's Bodyguard. Starship strikes also can make all the difference in the world, so if you don't have the higher-level heroes unlocked, be ready to cough up some crystals to get your starfighters ready in a reasonable time.
Last edited by ShaynMikel on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate
Major General

Post#27 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Welcome to the forum and to the game, Hellion. If you have any questions about units, strategies or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#28 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 am

Vorchild wrote:
Hoops8 wrote:Yea cant say I would ever have considered the HMC OP. Even at lower levels on my imp base. SC is needed but bikes and snipers make the whole combo disappear in seconds. Heck a crab or two, or atdp......Actually Any imp unit will do well against the HMC.

To be fair, there are precious few loadouts that are highly resistant to SC troops (those that are don't generally have the DPS to get a 3 star victory anyways). Imp bikes and snipers crush pretty much anything. That's why you lure them out and smack them or snipe the SC because they are such game changers for any attack, regardless of side.

So, saying something isn't powerful because there is a counter for it isn't really the point of this discussion, I think. Especially when there is an easy counter to the counter. When looking at the power of a loadout, I would suggest looking at in with the following kinds of check boxes:

1. Can the loadout easily 3 star the base if it has no defenders (no dekkas, no SC troops)?
2. Can it deal with SC troops?
3. Can it deal with dekkas?
4. Is it resistant to traps?
5. Is it cheap and efficient to build (comes into play more for using air - I don't care if your loadout is OP if it takes 2 hours to cook)

If you've checked off all 5 boxes, then yes, you have a powerful loadout.

I voted "not op", for much the same reasons as have already been laid out throughout this thread, so will not go into much detail, 'course no one wants to hear the same stuff repeated again and again and again (looking at you, "who-is-the-most-OP-side-because-of-X" threads, just stop already :geek: )

So what I wanted to say is, that really, I cannot put enough emphasis on the very fine list proposed by Vorchild. Seriously, that list hits the nail head on! :) It shouldn't be necessary to say more, because I find this true, and simple to follow. I think it's all about what works, and i think that does.
legofanatikeren Was Here. Proud member and officer of The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

acidrave
Captain

Post#29 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 am

It's not OP, mainly because we have to face against High level players: i'm seeing sonic turrets during PVP, and the base score of my opponents is 200-300 points upper than mine
REBEL LEVEL 9
PROUD MEMEBER OF JARJAR_CAMP
http://ksod.us/squad/3a980df2-878d-11e5-82e3-063228004ed8/members?hl=863e1f57-e6eb-11e6-90ae-06cad0004ecc

ZeryabPrime
Captain

Post#30 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm

If you think this is overpowered, use MHCs with 7 Repair Droids along with E AT AT and see destruction come to that base. Use 4 MHCs tho.
ZeryabPrime
Imperial :twisted:
HQ8 8-) 8-) 8-)
BestClan2 (COME, WARS AFTER WARS, NO REST!) ;)
DIE REBEL SCUM :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Defending Rivals”