Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.

Poll: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Rebel medic droids should be nerfed
26%
Totally unfair but would be fair if the AT-AT was restored to full power
21%
It can be overpowering
9%
Fair
12%
It is so not overpowered
33%
Total votes: 144

Pirate
Major General

Re: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Post#11 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

BertO wrote:
I wasn't avoiding answering, I was just confused by how someone could only be level five and remember 11 tile range eATATs, that was before I started playing and I'm a solid mid-Ten now.

And I had an Imp base in a top squad on Windows, at level five HMC attacks were insta-defence medals for me. My sniper / bike combo ate them for breakfast. I think my record was five wins in a row without reloading. So answer is defintiely "no".

That was confusing to me as well. I started playing this game well after the range decrease and am mid level 8 now.

I voted "fair" in the poll because for every person who drops only HMC on my base when the SC is empty and squeaks out a 50% - 60% win, there are four more who get shredded by bikes and snipers. With only some level 8 turrets and traps, I have taken out some HMC attacks with my SC empty.

Work on upgrading your base, this combination isn't as unstoppable when you reach higher levels and have an improved layout.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Vorchild
Commodore

Post#12 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:26 am

As a point of interest more than anything else, for the first time in a long time, I got 3-starred last night. By a L10 HMC loadout. Folks using this combo are pretty rare, and using it really well at that level rarer still. On my base, they are likely to get 1-star wins, but 3-star is tough. I conclude that the player using it likes the style and knows how to use it. They started with Kessen, which makes life easier for them, but it still isn't guaranteed.

Also, comparing L5 loadouts and success rates to L10 loadouts and success rates is apples to oranges. The game is totally different at those levels. At lower levels, offence is even more overpowered. Not to mention that if you are at L5 and being hit by heavies at all, that's a level up attacker minimum. Also, specific to L6 rebel bases attacking L5 imps, isn't L6 when the third transport comes into play? Thereby increasing the rebs UC allowance by more than 50% going from HQ5 to 6? That might be the bigger factor...

Midge
Admiral

Post#13 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 am

waaaaaahhhhhhhh
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#14 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Yea cant say I would ever have considered the HMC OP. Even at lower levels on my imp base. SC is needed but bikes and snipers make the whole combo disappear in seconds. Heck a crab or two, or atdp......Actually Any imp unit will do well against the HMC.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#15 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Joffray wrote:It depends on your level. At lv6, the hmc is definitely nearly unstoppable, a traps and a good sc will easily take care of it. But imps have the eatat. lv7-8 makes the hmc less and less effective. Higher lv rapids, traps, and sc take their toll. Lv9-10 definetly requires some skill to get it to work. Sonics, sc, and better base designers make it really tough. When you work your way up, it won't seem as "OP"

Exactly
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

Forceisweaknyou
Admiral

Post#16 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Midge wrote:waaaaaahhhhhhhh

Hahaha ruthless!
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Check out Family Guy Blue Harvest. Hilarious!

Vorchild
Commodore

Post#17 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:58 am

Hoops8 wrote:Yea cant say I would ever have considered the HMC OP. Even at lower levels on my imp base. SC is needed but bikes and snipers make the whole combo disappear in seconds. Heck a crab or two, or atdp......Actually Any imp unit will do well against the HMC.

To be fair, there are precious few loadouts that are highly resistant to SC troops (those that are don't generally have the DPS to get a 3 star victory anyways). Imp bikes and snipers crush pretty much anything. That's why you lure them out and smack them or snipe the SC because they are such game changers for any attack, regardless of side.

So, saying something isn't powerful because there is a counter for it isn't really the point of this discussion, I think. Especially when there is an easy counter to the counter. When looking at the power of a loadout, I would suggest looking at in with the following kinds of check boxes:

1. Can the loadout easily 3 star the base if it has no defenders (no dekkas, no SC troops)?
2. Can it deal with SC troops?
3. Can it deal with dekkas?
4. Is it resistant to traps?
5. Is it cheap and efficient to build (comes into play more for using air - I don't care if your loadout is OP if it takes 2 hours to cook)

If you've checked off all 5 boxes, then yes, you have a powerful loadout.

LosVega
Major General

Post#18 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:08 am

To play devil's advocate a bit solely on the part about the game being about offense. I would not consider the Windows platform a fair barometer but having 2 accounts (1 reb, 1 emp) at the same level either speaks to my learning curve and knowledge or could suggest some validity to the argument. My L5 reb base rarely loses on defense, it it does it's because the SC was empty or I got rolled by a L8. My L5 emp base couldn't win a defense to save my life but I am constantly rolled by L6,7 and 8s using HMC and jugg combo. I thought only L6 sucked for the empire but I beg to differ.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

Denroe
Captain

Post#19 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:11 am

I am an imp and get amused watching the hmc walk around the periphery of my base destroying worthless structures and stump walls, only to get wiped out by snipers and bikes if/when my sc is tripped. If you are finding your base routinely destroyed by this then try a different base design, join a squad with some high lvl players to donate good troops to your sc and protect your sc as much or more than your hq....and stop complaining
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

syncpan77
Major General

Post#20 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Joffray with his first comment is spot on. At lower levels both HMC and Elite ATAT are seriously OP. There's nothing that could stop them reliably. You're mostly relying on attacker error, more than anything. Nearing lv8 things get tougher, it's not an insta-win button anymore. It could go down in a flash if the attacker is not careful and doesn't put more thought and effort into his strategy. That's why I tell my players to cruise through those lower levels and just get to lv7 as soon as possible. You're probably new to the game but there's been instances where it was even more insanely OP. Sure, Rebels might have better odds of three-starring bases with it than us with the Elite ATAT even when it had range of 11 or infinite shield generator range targeting or even was semi-generalist, but that's the way it's always been.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Return to “Defending Rivals”