Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.

Poll: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Rebel medic droids should be nerfed
26%
Totally unfair but would be fair if the AT-AT was restored to full power
21%
It can be overpowering
9%
Fair
12%
It is so not overpowered
33%
Total votes: 144

RealDarthMaul
Lieutenant

Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Post#1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Please tell me that there are some sensible rebels out there who will vote that the heavy-medic combo is overpowered.

Joffray
Commodore

Re: Who thinks that the heavy-medic combo rebels use is overpowered

Post#2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:35 pm

It depends on your level. At lv6, the hmc is definitely nearly unstoppable, a traps and a good sc will easily take care of it. But imps have the eatat. lv7-8 makes the hmc less and less effective. Higher lv rapids, traps, and sc take their toll. Lv9-10 definetly requires some skill to get it to work. Sonics, sc, and better base designers make it really tough. When you work your way up, it won't seem as "OP"
Lv9, 26k medals
Alderaan-Memory
We have pizza! :D

...Retired...#armoryisop

Vorchild
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:53 pm

My question is: what is meant by overpowered? I think offence in SWC in general is overpowered. Is the the HMC a powerful offence? Yes it is. Are there other comparable offences on both sides at all levels? Yes again.

That these types of discussion keep cropping up tells me that the real issue isn't so much a specific combo (Kessen, eATAT, HMC, MHCs, etc.) but that people want a few more defensive wins in their logs and that defence is just really hard in this game.

RealDarthMaul
Lieutenant

Post#4 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Vorchild wrote:My question is: what is meant by overpowered? I think offence in SWC in general is overpowered. Is the the HMC a powerful offence? Yes it is. Are there other comparable offences on both sides at all levels? Yes again.

That these types of discussion keep cropping up tells me that the real issue isn't so much a specific combo (Kessen, eATAT, HMC, MHCs, etc.) but that people want a few more defensive wins in their logs and that defence is just really hard in this game.

I respect that defence is really hard in this game, but I have still not won a defence against an attack using the hmc tactic. That is what overpowered means. Like before the Eat-at was nerfed, I would win 100% of my attacks when using it, now that it has been downgraded, the rocket turrets in defending bases kill it no matter how many repair droids I use on it. Can I ask what are the current stats of a lvl 5 rebel medical droid? For imperials it is 864 healing power with 3600 health, range 5 tiles.

BertO
Major General

Post#5 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:28 pm

RealDarthMaul wrote:
Vorchild wrote:My question is: what is meant by overpowered? I think offence in SWC in general is overpowered. Is the the HMC a powerful offence? Yes it is. Are there other comparable offences on both sides at all levels? Yes again.

I respect that defence is really hard in this game, but I have still not won a defence against an attack using the hmc tactic. That is what overpowered means. Like before the Eat-at was nerfed, I would win 100% of my attacks when using it, now that it has been downgraded, the rocket turrets in defending bases kill it no matter how many repair droids I use on it. Can I ask what are the current stats of a lvl 5 rebel medical droid? For imperials it is 864 healing power with 3600 health, range 5 tiles.

I am confused. You are talking about level five attacks, but also reflecting on the eAT "pre-Nerf". Do you mean the loss of 11 tile range or the updated, "avoid buildings pathing"?

And dark troopers and dewbacks are what you should be using to keep your eAT alive, not repairs.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

MasterSith
Commander

Post#6 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 pm

BertO wrote:
RealDarthMaul wrote:

It's been my experience that when either a rebel or imp whines about the other sides OP units, its because game mechanics changed a bit, and the teoops, tactics that person anally retentive used doesn't work as well.

I am confused. You are talking about level five attacks, but also reflecting on the eAT "pre-Nerf". Do you mean the loss of 11 tile range or the updated, "avoid buildings pathing"?

And dark troopers and dewbacks are what you should be using to keep your eAT alive, not repairs.
Master Sith Level 10 Imperial AssassinY.pestis 142,000+ medals.
Khal Drogo Level 10 Rebel bringing you all under my khalasar iirebelsii, 52000+ medals.

RealDarthMaul
Lieutenant

Post#7 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 pm

BertO wrote:
RealDarthMaul wrote:

1. you did not answer my question.

2. actually yes I am referring to the loss of the tile range.

3. dark troopers and dewbacks are easily killed by burst turrets or rapid fire turrets, and I dare you to find a reb base

without those.

rRr
Admiral

Post#8 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 pm

It seems that you get overvoted. Will you accept it? :)

SW Commander is game based on OFFENCE! You have to be active and attacking, there is no place for campers and turtles. And I fully support that and it is more fun than trying to break into turtles in desperate need of resources. It is just as simple as that. You just need to realize that and life will be good again ;)

To be honest, as an Empire player, I think game is pretty well balanced. I aim for many bases and I can down them. Many Rebels are not able to make serious damage to my base, but I see that every now and then it happens.

So my advice is: Just accept fact, that this game is offence focused, not defensive and you will be fine.
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

BertO
Major General

Post#9 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:03 am

RealDarthMaul wrote:
BertO wrote:
RealDarthMaul wrote:

1. you did not answer my question.

2. actually yes I am referring to the loss of the tile range.

3. dark troopers and dewbacks are easily killed by burst turrets or rapid fire turrets, and I dare you to find a reb base

without those.

I wasn't avoiding answering, I was just confused by how someone could only be level five and remember 11 tile range eATATs, that was before I started playing and I'm a solid mid-Ten now.

And I had an Imp base in a top squad on Windows, at level five HMC attacks were insta-defence medals for me. My sniper / bike combo ate them for breakfast. I think my record was five wins in a row without reloading. So answer is defintiely "no".
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

GOZER
Commodore

Post#10 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 am

rRr wrote:SW Commander is game based on OFFENCE!

I'think the game is balanced now, just find how not to be 3 starred and you'll be fine.
GOZER the destructor - Proud member of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

Return to “Defending Rivals”