Multiple bases... a good idea?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Poene
Commodore

Multiple bases... a good idea?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 am

So the other day I spied on a HQ 10 Imp base by Darth Shant (or something like that) and I noticed that he had a multiple bases layout. It was like this:

4 corners, each corner had:

1 shield gen
1 alloy + 1 credit storage
4-5 turrets

One corner had the droideka sentinel, another the SC and a third had the oppressor.

The junk buildings were placed between the four corners, along the edge of the map.

In the center was the HQ, all alone, but surrounded by all the walls. The walls were staggered and spread out. They covered like half the map. It was impossible to drop some troopers close by the HQ to kill it. If you would drop soldiers they would have to be placed close to the junk buildings and they would target those instead of the HQ. Smart.

I only wonder if this layout is effective on defense. Have you guys tried this out or attacked it? Thoughts?

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Multiple bases... a good idea?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Not good at all especially not at level 10. Having your SC only shielded by one or two, or no shields equals certain defeat and robbing of ALL your loot. This is especially true for Imps as Rebel units are on average faster and get to cover more of the map quicker, plus they have medics which help keep their infantry forces alive against minimal turret resistance. Also, don't forget about Jumps/Jets that hover over walls so they become irrelevant.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Poene
Commodore

Re: Multiple bases... a good idea?

Post#3 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:27 pm

Okay, thanks. That's crystal clear! No multiple bases then.

Return to “Defending Rivals”