Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
rRr
Admiral

Re: Walls question.. staggered or solid?

Post#11 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:54 pm

As an empire player, I prefer solid walls. Stumps are for no use as most soldiers (that rebels use most) just run through them like there was nothing.

However if I would play Rebels, I would definetly go for 4 corners base with stump forrest and some important buildings in middle. Even if Jumps laugh at walls hard time, they wouldn't move throught stumps forrest into middle when there are plenty of close targets around..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Midge
Admiral

Post#12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 am

I go back and forth on this and switch it up. Currently I am using a little of both. Not a solid wall, but a few solid lines here and there to guide some Imp troops certain ways.

A really good spread is tough to manage, but with jetpack loadouts they can be rolled. I haven't used heavies in a long long long time, but if I were to use them again, spread walls can really get annoying.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : 100k+ Medals : Joined the Rebellion 12/28/2015

bleak
Lieutenant

Post#13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 pm

I prefer solid until mabye level 8. However a stump base limits spawns and allows you to hide traps

rRr
Admiral

Post#14 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:31 pm

With Kubaz/Ithorian, you have to have either solid walls, or whole map of stumps to make him not to deploy at your shield..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

geoman48
Commodore

Re: Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Post#15 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 am

I've recently been experimenting with walls as a way to mostly win heroic defenses... using solid walls forces the bikes and sharpshooters that are dropped in wave one to get funneled into a kill zone. Then I deploy heroes after that, usually getting better than 50% and occasionally better than 30% and getting a desert crate.

For PvP, walls are mostly speedbump, so I just make sure that I don't put turrets right next to walls so units like hailfires or spiders with splash damage don't destroy the turret when poking a hole in the wall.
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

onetouchchewi
Cadet Trooper

Re: Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Post#16 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am

Personally, I always have my base set up with solid walls surrounding HQ, deposits and turrets. Everything else is lined up around it. Sometimes it works very well and sometimes it doesn't. I have to say that whenever I attack a rival and see a stump forrest I think "Crap! This one will be hard." Having said that, I have tried setting up my own stump forrest and never found them that effective when defending. For now I still think solid walls is best :)

Return to “Defending Rivals”