Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: Walls question.. staggered or solid?

Post#11 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 am

I go back and forth on this and switch it up. Currently I am using a little of both. Not a solid wall, but a few solid lines here and there to guide some Imp troops certain ways.

A really good spread is tough to manage, but with jetpack loadouts they can be rolled. I haven't used heavies in a long long long time, but if I were to use them again, spread walls can really get annoying.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

bleak
Lieutenant

Post#12 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 pm

I prefer solid until mabye level 8. However a stump base limits spawns and allows you to hide traps

rRr
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:31 pm

With Kubaz/Ithorian, you have to have either solid walls, or whole map of stumps to make him not to deploy at your shield..
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

geoman48
Admiral

Re: Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Post#14 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 am

I've recently been experimenting with walls as a way to mostly win heroic defenses... using solid walls forces the bikes and sharpshooters that are dropped in wave one to get funneled into a kill zone. Then I deploy heroes after that, usually getting better than 50% and occasionally better than 30% and getting a desert crate.

For PvP, walls are mostly speedbump, so I just make sure that I don't put turrets right next to walls so units like hailfires or spiders with splash damage don't destroy the turret when poking a hole in the wall.

onetouchchewi
Cadet Trooper

Re: Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Post#15 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am

Personally, I always have my base set up with solid walls surrounding HQ, deposits and turrets. Everything else is lined up around it. Sometimes it works very well and sometimes it doesn't. I have to say that whenever I attack a rival and see a stump forrest I think "Crap! This one will be hard." Having said that, I have tried setting up my own stump forrest and never found them that effective when defending. For now I still think solid walls is best :)

Return to “Defending Rivals”