Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
DarthFather
Cadet Trooper

Walls Question.. Staggered or Solid?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:19 am

I'm new to this site as far as actually asking a question, so if this has been discussed I'm sorry for a re-post. I have not found this topic.
I'm older than probably 90% of you guys and quite honestly this is the only strategy type game I have played online. I'm on windows 10 version and also on android. I'm lvl 8 empire on pc, lvl 6 empire on android.

I would like to see opinions about walls. Do you prefer to have them as one big solid wall surrounding your base, or do you stagger them in a zig zag type pattern to surround your base?

I've tried both sort of, and being an "ancient one" and not familiar with COC or likewise, I'm not able to really see the benefit of either way.

I'd appreciate your thoughts from either side of the game although rebels suck. (lol)

thank you.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized
I come from planet Wisconsin. It is made of Beer and Cheese. It smells kind of "gassy". :roll:

Denroe
Captain

Re: Walls question.. staggered or solid?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:26 am

At higher levels when you have enough walls to make it effective staggered is the way to go. A solid wall is nothing more than a speed bump. Staggered can slow down heavies, sharps/snipe, mhc/HFCs and more easily hide traps
Lvl 10 - - Officer Imperial Enclave -- currently accepting active lvl 10 imperials

BertO
Major General

Post#3 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Solid walls all the way. They look better.

And no seriously depends a lot on the base which is best.

I have a load out geared around attacking stump field bases and always request them when choosing War bases to attack, other players would prefer to hit a solid wall base. Stump fields covering entire deployment zone is a bit of a douche wuss move so I hope I'm not the only player who a has taken the time to work out how to make them into the joke they deserve to be.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#4 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:49 pm

STUMP FORREST ALL THE WAY! Limits how and where the big dog gets dropped. I would like to have solid walls but they arent all that useful after lvl 6 or so.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

obelisk4000
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:18 am

Solid. It's possible to have a solid wall design that is effective. Personally not a fan of stump bases.
Former Leader5FngrForceChoke
Former Officer -.Rebel.Slayers.
Officer - Hostile.Warfare!

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 am

Stump fields . Been using it on both sides. Much more effective and harder to destroy by mass. (area splash / Z-95 - Tie-interceptor, etc.) it allows you to block your enemies favorite LZ's, forces them to drop at a distance, make it more time-consuming & helps to hide traps.

Then again, you can more easily mess things up, by ill placement.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:18 am

In a recent squad war, the oppo squad, "NewOrder" (I think), had their walls maxed out to their HQ level in solid lines around their HQ and SC. Some of them didn't have many turrets. It was a form of sandbagging I hadn't seen before. But the effect was that it slowed attackers down substantially and made it hard for our 8s to 3* them. Level 8 walls take time to go through. A stump base would have been much easier to crack.

But both methods have merits. As a rebel, I use stumps to limit where the EAT-AT is placed.

IMO walls only really become significant at level 8 and upwards.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

DarthFather
Cadet Trooper

Post#8 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Interesting.
I come from planet Wisconsin. It is made of Beer and Cheese. It smells kind of "gassy". :roll:

DrPain
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Depends, but I prefer short segments of walls and wall stumps. I could see the use in longer walls segments to prevent things like infiltrators taking out your shields

syncpan77
Major General

Post#10 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Jumps laugh at walls wherever and however they may be laid out. So the only real use they have now is to slow down turret busting mech, and negate deployment zones. Sure, some might say Stump Fields are a wuss move, but I personally think 4 corner bases and eternal upgrading SGs are the biggest wuss move of all in this game when it comes to defending.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

Return to “Defending Rivals”