Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
User avatar
Valiant
Commodore
Posts: 133

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#21 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Hoops8 wrote:
Valiant wrote:
Hoops8 wrote: Certainly benefits the empire in this update or validates sandbagging as the best way to play.



What about this update "Certainly benefits the empire"?

Yes this update may suck but fact is it sucks for both sides equally and as for that if you want to say that one side or the other got it better here then it may be the Rebels by a small margin as Heavy Medic just got something of a buff but the fact remains that we all got surprised by this choice the devs made.



It's beneficial to the empire because rebels now have an even harder time making uc. I haven't seen a dev base in days. so no easy gears coming my way. This is the way conflicts are for my reb account, attack up, deal with sc troops every time, and now building buffs. My imp base at worst is shown even bases or dev bases, so easy path to infiltrators.


On Tat maybe on Er'Kit it's just the opposite though so in the greater scheme of things no it's doesn't benefit the Empire any more then it does the Rebellion
Image


User avatar
Hoops8
Commodore
Posts: 131

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes, that is the only planet rebs have the advantage on. Every other planet is dominated by imps. My imp base actually seems to fair best on yavin, while my rebel one is only hit by top squads and meets maxed bases on offence.

So again rebs attack up and have a harder time in conflicts. I like my reb base more becuse I am more engaged in the squad, but life is much easier in the empire.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.


Shelendil
Admiral
Posts: 537

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#23 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Valiant wrote:
Hoops8 wrote:
Valiant wrote:

What about this update "Certainly benefits the empire"?

Yes this update may suck but fact is it sucks for both sides equally and as for that if you want to say that one side or the other got it better here then it may be the Rebels by a small margin as Heavy Medic just got something of a buff but the fact remains that we all got surprised by this choice the devs made.



It's beneficial to the empire because rebels now have an even harder time making uc. I haven't seen a dev base in days. so no easy gears coming my way. This is the way conflicts are for my reb account, attack up, deal with sc troops every time, and now building buffs. My imp base at worst is shown even bases or dev bases, so easy path to infiltrators.


On Tat maybe on Er'Kit it's just the opposite though so in the greater scheme of things no it's doesn't benefit the Empire any more then it does the Rebellion


I disagree with this. As a rebel I've seen one dev base in the past 48 hours, even on Erkit. I keep seeing imperial players posting about attacking down or attacking dev bases... which leads me to believe that it is not as bad, since medals and resources can be recouped.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)


lasermitch

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#24 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Probably all talked out on this subject.
But. I received this response portion to a Disney support ticket. 01/05/2017
It may be completely coincidental but, I have not had the problem of being wiped out by a level-10+++ every other day after the ticket submission.

There was some additional polite conversation on the topic. Why does that matter?
Polite issues reporting to the Disney Support , may result in crystals compensation. Nuff said? Be nice.

--------

When the game matches players up it takes into account the level of the player as well as their medal count and base score, using the stat ABR (Adjusted Base Rating), which represents all of your buildings, research, and upgrades. Having a high base score/medal count will increase the level of your opponents, so therefore a likely reason as to why you are getting matched with higher levels is because you would have a high medal count and/or base score.

That being said, I would be happy to pass on your feedback to the development team regarding re-balancing aspects of the PvP matchmaking. They are always making adjustments to the game, and although I can't promise anything, I am hopeful that they will take a closer look at the matchmaking algorithm to see if it needs any tweaking.

---------


05dunn
Officer
Posts: 8

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#25 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:54 pm

GETTING ATTACKED BY LV 9 AND 10 S ARE COMMON AND I BELIEVE EVERY ONE WHOS BEEN THERE HAS HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO THEM . I ALWAYS FOUND THAT KEEPING MY SC EQUIPED WITH SPEEDERS AND AT DP WILL MOST OF TIME KEEP THE REBELS FROM GETTING TOO CLOSE TO YOUR HQ. SPEND YOUR RESOURSE SO YOU DONT HAVE ALOT SITTING IN YOUR STORAGE BUILDINGS. I ALWAYS TRY TO LOOK AS BROKE AS I CAN SO THE HIGHER LVS DONT BOTHER WITH MY LOOT TO MUCH. ITS WORKED FOR ME SO FAR ALTHU IT TOOK ME 2 YRS TO GET TO LV 10 FINDLY. TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW HOW ITS WORKING FOR YOU ;-)


User avatar
Hoops8
Commodore
Posts: 131

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#26 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:09 pm

05dunn wrote:GETTING ATTACKED BY LV 9 AND 10 S ARE COMMON AND I BELIEVE EVERY ONE WHOS BEEN THERE HAS HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO THEM . I ALWAYS FOUND THAT KEEPING MY SC EQUIPED WITH SPEEDERS AND AT DP WILL MOST OF TIME KEEP THE REBELS FROM GETTING TOO CLOSE TO YOUR HQ. SPEND YOUR RESOURSE SO YOU DONT HAVE ALOT SITTING IN YOUR STORAGE BUILDINGS. I ALWAYS TRY TO LOOK AS BROKE AS I CAN SO THE HIGHER LVS DONT BOTHER WITH MY LOOT TO MUCH. ITS WORKED FOR ME SO FAR ALTHU IT TOOK ME 2 YRS TO GET TO LV 10 FINDLY. TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW HOW ITS WORKING FOR YOU ;-)


This is good advice for both sides. It is frustrating and rebs do get it worse on any planet that isn't erkit, and imps get it worse there.

For rebs: Dont quit, we need more of you to push through, and though it's tough and you are always attacking up, and defending from above, take heart for that is the rebel have always had to punch above their weight!!!

For Imps: Keep doing what your doing, you are in control of the universe as it is. The mid levels are tough for us, but it really does even out somewhat once you get to 10.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.


Zillo
Storm Trooper
Posts: 6

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#27 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:50 am

Valiant wrote:
Hoops8 wrote: Certainly benefits the empire in this update or validates sandbagging as the best way to play.



What about this update "Certainly benefits the empire"?

Yes this update may suck but fact is it sucks for both sides equally and as for that if you want to say that one side or the other got it better here then it may be the Rebels by a small margin as Heavy Medic just got something of a buff but the fact remains that we all got surprised by this choice the devs made.

This update is a nerf to the heavy med combo. The heavy soldier is a fairly bad standalone troop with amazing medic synergy. Heavy soldiers are lacking in dps but if you lose very few/none thanks to medics that makes up for it. Heavies have fairly low hp but it's just enough to take a mortar hit allowing them to be healed. To counter-act the dps buffs for rapid fire turrets and mortars heavy medic combo would have needed hp buffs for both heavies and medics + healing buff for medics. Before this update even in my 3-star attack victories I would always lose a few heavies due to defenses out-damaging the healing from medics. I would also always lose at least half of my medics to rapid fire turrets and mortars. Without healing and hp buff to medics the defenses easily out-damage them even during the increasingly short time they stay alive.

Also, the only turret below hq9 that hasn't gotten a buff is the rocket turret and rebels used to have those more than the empire before this update. Right now there's no point in having rocket turrets since rapid fires with level 2 heat sink skin do more damage against vehicles and everything else than rockets.


Jibsman

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#28 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:55 pm

"That's just the way it is." "Get used to it."

Or leave the game and never return.

Where are the level 4 or 5 bases when I want to attack? All I EVER see are level 7 and 8 Empire bases. I spent half an hour and most of my credits looking for any base that I could attack. Nothing but 7s and 8s.

So Live with it? I don't think so.
Make it fair or FO and KMA.
Jibsman


Return to “Defending Rivals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest