Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
Nightmare
Captain

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#11 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 am

Wait until you become a max level 10 like me...can't win on offense unless you bring full air and SC and defense is pointless (reason stated above).

Defense is doubly worthless for Empire right now with cocksmoker & his amazing twatrifle running around...I'm beginning to think my SC is just for show and if it wasn't for HD's it'd never get used
Previous signature has been edited because even democrats on the internet needs a safe space
Veteran Lvl 10 Officer in Imperial_Enclave Rank 16 Medals 68K

Vin
Lieutenant

Post#12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm

I was reading this post just now. When I returned to the game, I was attacked by a level 9 player. My hq 5 with level 4 defense minus 1 turret was decimated. I ha,d lvl 1-3 refineries, no planetary, x wing trap lvl 4, y wing trap none and sc 4. This had me scratching my head.

GotYa
Commander

Post#13 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:00 am

I am being matched up in attack and in defense only with L9 and Level 10 the game is almost impossible too play .... + now in the last 2 days disney has nerfed the rebels troops and am losing because i am not even able to shoot 1 turret L8 with my L7 troops... it started when i was a L6 ... maybe my medals have something to do with it?
GotYa member of Rebel Squad GummyBears Join us today!

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#14 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Sorry guys, but i only am getting verry low bases to attack since last update. I'm a level 10 with level 9 troops and a 8+9 level base. So, no sandbagger

Still, all i get are level 3-7 "matches" with the occasional full level 10 in between ...

...but as i'm grinding to get (stay) at top 2%... There's no mercy :P

Especially with all the CNFO's, freezes & "status 916" errors i'm getting...
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

Python6
Commodore

Post#15 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

The desert troop event defensive structure buff is making this even worse than normal. Significant number of players are attacking down because the buffs mean face plants against any base close to their own level that they could attack successfully before the buff. Several indications that there will be a fix (soon or in a few weeks depending on who you believe), but past experience is that they will not roll back to pre-event levels so there will likely be some type of buff that remains meaning that we will likely see this problem getting worse than getting better. I do feel sorry for the bases that I'm getting matched with, but just like DarthRommel above I'm grinding for UC unlock and gotta get wins where we can as we go through our loadouts trying to find something that will work now.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#16 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:13 am

Python6 wrote:The desert troop event defensive structure buff is making this even worse than normal. Significant number of players are attacking down because the buffs mean face plants against any base close to their own level that they could attack successfully before the buff. Several indications that there will be a fix (soon or in a few weeks depending on who you believe), but past experience is that they will not roll back to pre-event levels so there will likely be some type of buff that remains meaning that we will likely see this problem getting worse than getting better. I do feel sorry for the bases that I'm getting matched with, but just like DarthRommel above I'm grinding for UC unlock and gotta get wins where we can as we go through our loadouts trying to find something that will work now.

Yea stinks for those of us that never see lower level bases. just have to eat it on offence or squeak out 50 percents. But making up for it on defense. Maybe when I get to 10 I will finally get to see lower level bases. time will tell. Certainly benefits the empire in this update or validates sandbagging as the best way to play.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#17 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 am

I agree with most of the what ChiptheFish said.

If you are a Rebel, get off of Tattoine during a Conflict. I have skip about 20 times to avoid a level 6 to just hit a level 7, even though I'm a maxed out level 10. (On the plus side, I usually have capped credits that I leave out in the open up for grabs if you hit the revenge button)

On my rebel account, I'm currently a 7 and get hit by 8's non-conflicts and 10's during conflicts. I don't really care since I always wait to collect squad war wins until I have a droid free to minimize my losses.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

Valiant
Commodore

Post#18 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:55 am

Hoops8 wrote: Certainly benefits the empire in this update or validates sandbagging as the best way to play.

What about this update "Certainly benefits the empire"?

Yes this update may suck but fact is it sucks for both sides equally and as for that if you want to say that one side or the other got it better here then it may be the Rebels by a small margin as Heavy Medic just got something of a buff but the fact remains that we all got surprised by this choice the devs made.

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#19 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:48 am

In a few weeks we all have the +160% sandtrooper buff (& its rebel counterpart), to equel things out. at least, i think that's the idea.

In either case i feel sorry for any new beginners, as both defense & offense will become close to impossible
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#20 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Valiant wrote:
Hoops8 wrote: Certainly benefits the empire in this update or validates sandbagging as the best way to play.

What about this update "Certainly benefits the empire"?

Yes this update may suck but fact is it sucks for both sides equally and as for that if you want to say that one side or the other got it better here then it may be the Rebels by a small margin as Heavy Medic just got something of a buff but the fact remains that we all got surprised by this choice the devs made.

It's beneficial to the empire because rebels now have an even harder time making uc. I haven't seen a dev base in days. so no easy gears coming my way. This is the way conflicts are for my reb account, attack up, deal with sc troops every time, and now building buffs. My imp base at worst is shown even bases or dev bases, so easy path to infiltrators.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Return to “Defending Rivals”