Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
cbeer86

Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:37 pm

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but ever since I upgraded my HQ to level 7 a little while ago, I'm routinely being attacked by players far above my level. This seems unfair since I clearly have no chance at all against the level 9 and 10 players I'm facing more than half the time. If anyone else has experienced this and knows what to do about it, I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks all.

Pirate
Major General

Re: Being Attacked WAY Over My Level

Post#2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:40 am

This is a standard problem regardless of faction or server. There really isn't anything you can do about it, just part of the game. Keep on working on your layout, types of turrets, SC placement and SC troops. You can beat higher level attackers with a good base.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

awesome777
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:46 am

Exactly what pirate said, you can do nothing about it. Look at my Sig even. We have to " as my old teacher " Buck up and carry on with our life"
:D Join BrowncoatsWash for instant donations, great wars, and no drama. PM for more info. :D
HQ 8. Uncharted territory.

obelisk4000
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:40 pm

Been happening to me since level 6. I've been told it gets better though. That's good news. While attacking occasionally I get some 9s and 10s show up. Those are mostly poorly upgraded bases though. Sometimes I try to take 'em out.
Former Leader5FngrForceChoke
Former Officer -.Rebel.Slayers.
Officer - Hostile.Warfare!

JNB
Commodore

Post#5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Yup, been that way for a long while now. L7 was hard, L8 was a bit better. Now I'm L9 and have a chance some of the time. Just have to upgrade your defenses as much as possible.

obelisk4000
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:43 pm

See, just had a poorly upgraded level 9 pop up for me to attack. Managed to get 97%. Sometimes it works in our favor too.
Former Leader5FngrForceChoke
Former Officer -.Rebel.Slayers.
Officer - Hostile.Warfare!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#7 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:33 am

I think it's a factor of 'sandbagging'. Sandbagging is where a commander upgrades his HQ, research lab, and sometimes SC, and leaves his other units at lower levels. When his HQ hits level 9 or 10, if the rest of his base is still low enough (eg turrets at 5 or 6), his total base score will be close enough to yours for him to be seen by the computer as a match for you.

It's a pain, but it's been like that for a while, and I don't think it's going away. On the plus side, as you progress their will be 'soft' level 10s to hit.

Winning on defence isn't always a good idea though. They will still take loot with them, and then you will be hit again, and more loot taken. So I no longer see losing a defence on the 1st attack as a bad thing.

About a month ago I had full credit depots after a squad war win. I was distracted be Real Life events, and when I checked back into the game, I had been hit for 1 million credits in a single attack. That day, I was glad he 3*'d me. If I'd won the defence, I might have ended up losing a lot more.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Mici1
Officer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am

it happen to all us ,we attack the weaker level than us and we are attack from the higher level i'm level 8 at the moment and i love to play agence level 6 or 7 experimenting with different troops,i thing that is very important to be in right squad i have lucke i'm in very active squad and always get hight level 9 or 10 for my defence in squad centre i think that 80-90% of the successful defence is if you got the right troops in squad centre preferably high level
for any imperials looking for the good squad we are recruiting at the moment the squad is PoA-VIRUS

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#9 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:21 pm

Mici1 wrote:it happen to all us ,we attack the weaker level than us and we are attack from the higher level i'm level 8 at the moment and i love to play agence level 6 or 7 experimenting with different troops,i thing that is very important to be in right squad i have lucke i'm in very active squad and always get hight level 9 or 10 for my defence in squad centre i think that 80-90% of the successful defence is if you got the right troops in squad centre preferably high level
for any imperials looking for the good squad we are recruiting at the moment the squad is PoA-VIRUS

This except attacking down. I am so rarely presented with lower bases, not that I want them, just dont see them as a reb with a decent medal count. I saw one lvl 8 this past conflict and I think he was more upgraded than my lvl nine base!
Though I have been visited by a steady stream of top players (Including spock at lvl 7!) I am now able to consistently repel attacks at lvl 9. Still all lvl 10 attackers but keep upgrading d.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#10 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:02 am

In my opinion this seems to be a broken mechanic in the game.

Question:How does Star Wars Commander determine matches in PvP (Player versus Player)?
Answer: The matchmaking depends on how strong the buildings and defenses in the attacker's base are. As a player builds new buildings and upgrades existing ones a hidden "Base Score" increases. Some buildings or features have a drastic impact on this Base Score while others have a minimal impact, or none at all (walls for example). Please see this chart in another thread to see the numerical score for each building:

http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18532&p=32482&hilit=base+score+calculator#p32455

Question:How can I see my base score?
Answer: You can count your buildings, their levels, and write them all down with their score using the table above. Or...

If you are in a squad that is active in Squad Wars (as of Nov. 1, 2016 there are 17,117 active squads), you can see your base score at the following Squad War ranking site by searching for your own squad, click the Members tab, find yourself in the list, and look at the Base strength column:

http://squadsofdeath.com/squadranking

Question: So how do Level 10 players keep getting matched to my Level 6 base (and destroying it!!)
Answer: There are two possible scenarios that are most likely occuring:
1. There is a shortage of available matches for the player and the system kept searching lower and lower leveled players to find one...and the server did find one - you. There is nothing that the attacking player did to arrange this, it's a result of the number of players in the game, online, and at a high level, and not under a shield at the time. (Note: This seems to be especially common on the Windows version of the game).
2. The attacker has intentionally avoided upgrading key parts of his/her base to keep the base score low and to be consistently matched with easier opponents. This is commonly known as being a "minimalist player" or "a sandbagger". This is an intentional strategy for winning attacks consistently at the sacrifice of having a well defended base - these players probably loose defenses regularly since their base is so weak.

Question: Why would someone do that??!!
Answer: If you can win 100% victories consistently it's very easy to be in the top 2% of campaigns and to increase your medal count rapidly. If you take a look at the highest rank players in most campaigns on Tatooine, their bases are weak.

Question: What can I do about it now?
Answer: Nothing. Unfortunately you can't un-build something...so you'd have to start all over and not build certain buildings (like traps) and restrict upgrading other buildings (like your Squad Center). If you're a Level 6 or 7 player getting pounded by Level 8 and 9 players, you might be able to slow down the size of the beatings by changing your strategy in the short-term. Stop building turrets, traps, and upgrading your Squad Center. Upgrade you HQ to L9 as fast as you can and research more powerful infantry and vehicle units. This will prevent Level 10 players from being matched with you...Once you're up to L9 you can start to make a base that you can actually defend.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Return to “Defending Rivals”