Winning = Losing

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
rRr
Admiral

Re: Winning = Losing

Post#21 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:45 am

I see what you want there OP. Just putting all ya turrents around HQ to make it never lose and then leaving resource buildings unprotected. Making it easier for you to not lose anything, but that aint the way how it works..you have to actually protect ya resources if you dont want to lose them. The decision if or how much resources to sacrifice is the real challenge in building layout ;)
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#22 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:07 am

"Balanced game is a game where all factions/classes complain that the other factions/classes have an unfair advantage". :)
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#23 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:58 pm

What if there were options to attack AI criminals gangs or mercenaries like there is in the Tutorial games, but with the main objective being to gather resources from these "pirates" and "mercenaries"? It would be possible to get loot without taking it in PvP...and maybe a bit fun. There could even be some of the ol' mercenary gang in there protecting the bases, like the Dowutin Hunters, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, etc...
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#24 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:43 am

HQ put outside the base

but I don't worry, I still have enough loot to fund deko upgrade, lvl10 turret and 3 cb ports... if only I had free droids for all that :)
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

Nightmare
Captain

Post#25 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:50 am

I'm for loot penalties for those that use air and SC's on attack. If you drop a flag, bust a shield, turret bomb, etc etc...-10% loot for you per. For example if you bust two shields & drop a flag you get -30% loot. That way you get the win you that your sad, lonely weak sauce ego needs and we don't punished by pay to win losers
Previous signature has been edited because even democrats on the internet needs a safe space
Veteran Lvl 10 Officer in Imperial_Enclave Rank 16 Medals 68K

rRr
Admiral

Post#26 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Why should be anyone punished just because someone cannot protect his base??? You can lose only 20% of your resources, that is your protection. There are games out there where you can lose much more..

There are so many options how to minimize resource looses that this thread is not about bad game mechanics, but L2P issue ;)

If you put your resource buildings defenseless stacked, than you deserve being looted.
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#27 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:06 pm

rRr wrote:Why should be anyone punished just because someone cannot protect his base??? You can lose only 20% of your resources, that is your protection. There are games out there where you can lose much more..

There are so many options how to minimize resource looses that this thread is not about bad game mechanics, but L2P issue ;)

If you put your resource buildings defenseless stacked, than you deserve being looted.

I'm all for looting and resource loss - that's how I fund my upgrades. But need to clarify that 20% is not the limit. When your BR is lower than that of the base you are attacking you get bonus modifier - up to 30% for gold/alloy and 15% for cb AFAIK.
In the screenshot above I went offline with exactly 5m credits (max capacity of my vault) and the second guy looted 27.82% of what I had when he came. Also I had about 200k contra and he took 30k which is 1.5 times more than he would get if we were of the same level.

Also ranting about inability to protect loot is a bit of exaggregation. You can't always defend 100% of your vaults - those are too many buildings, plus the attacker always can bomb your cb safe or vaults with air. I opted to sacrifice HQ and credits to save alloy - and I achieved what I was going for (though the first greedy kid didn't bother to kill my defenceless HQ - hate him).
-
Layout Manager
-
Defense Tracker

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#28 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Nightmare wrote:I'm for loot penalties for those that use air and SC's on attack. If you drop a flag, bust a shield, turret bomb, etc etc...-10% loot for you per. For example if you bust two shields & drop a flag you get -30% loot. That way you get the win you that your sad, lonely weak sauce ego needs and we don't punished by pay to win losers

Never going to happen. Airsupport is supposed to be a money machine.

The official explanation on their ridiculous built times and prices is: Your not supposed to use them all the time. Just as a crutch when things go bad... right... BS! You can buy your way around that, and THAT's how it is supposed to be.

If they really wanted it to be nothing but an extra crutch, they WOULD have put in some kind of penalty for using air. (or SC) ... but they didn't. 'cause your supposed to buy crystals.

It's the same for ALL these kind of things. The development team ALLWAYS chooses a way to maximize income, not to make it actually fun to play. Which, i think, is the worst kind of making games and makes people quit playing instead of start paying.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

GOZER
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:23 am

Nightmare wrote:I'm for loot penalties for those that use air and SC's on attack. If you drop a flag, bust a shield, turret bomb, etc etc...-10% loot for you per. For example if you bust two shields & drop a flag you get -30% loot. That way you get the win you that your sad, lonely weak sauce ego needs and we don't punished by pay to win losers

I disagree,
airstrike and SC are part of the game and I don't see anything strange in using this weapon. I usually don't drop any flag and I airstrike rarely, BUT if other players use it I think that they are not so capable playing this game.
I'm almolst full lv 8, and I commiserate those poor level X that use full force to make me a 58% and a 2 star wins.
GOZER the destructor - Proud member of Italia-Avengers
We annihilate rebels all over the galaxy under command of Gen. Unknow
:twisted: "Il dolore si combatte con il dolore" :twisted:

pdqsport
Major General

Post#30 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:53 am

Cut the loot values available for the taking in 1/2. If you get the win against the base, your take doubles back to the current value.

That way you can still attack just for resources (albeit at a reduced rate if you fail) and the defender gets a bonus if they can keep you from winning. :)
HQ 10 : 24k medals
IGN : Fidelias
Officer in Kenobi's Command
Level 50 Squad

Return to “Defending Rivals”