Winning = Losing

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
syncpan77
Major General

Re: Winning = Losing

Post#11 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:58 pm

DarthRommel wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:This is a very bad idea cause at a certain level you will have a lot of trouble winning battles, hence you will be in a slump of not being able to upgrade or even funding your own attacks.

That's a 2 sided blade.

After all the trouble winning battles, a bunch of loosers takes your hard fought resources away. Still in a slump of not being able to upgrade or fund attacks.

If the developers are so keen on loosers getting loot, give it to them, but let the winner keep his!

There isn't even any fun in winning defenses a lot this way... not at all. Isn't this game supposed to be FUN!?!?

So tell me what solution you have for when people stop attacking bases they know they can't possibly beat, and knowing they won't get to take home any loot either? Defensive wins will be a thing of the past. All the top dawg players will begin to attack down more than ever. Lower levels will not be able to hold any loot from repeated attacks by higher levels. Higher levels will have maxed vaults all the time as very few will dare try and loot them, while the lower levels will feel frustrated and start quitting, again.

All these crutches you see in the game are there for a reason, to help players alleviate the burden of having to grind long hours for loot. A lower level with a few Kubaz/Ithorians and a few starships can easily be a headache for a full lv10 with coffers full. Don't want baby bases stealing your loot like that? Well then you better stop picking on them and giving them revenge opportunities on your base.

When I get looted like that by a say a level 8, they get a loot bonus too, so they can take up to 1.5 million in resources and over 30k of contraband... don't tell me that's not enough to help fund a few upgrades and keep on attacking?

The way the game is set, the only way one can aspire to defensive wins anymore is either get hit by lower levels OR get hit by someone at your level having a bad day. Offense is definitely more prominent now than defense is. There are so many counters out there.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#12 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:53 pm

syncpan77 wrote:So tell me what solution you have for when people stop attacking bases they know they can't possibly beat, and knowing they won't get to take home any loot either? Defensive wins will be a thing of the past. All the top dawg players will begin to attack down more than ever. Lower levels will not be able to hold any loot from repeated attacks by higher levels. Higher levels will have maxed vaults all the time as very few will dare try and loot them, while the lower levels will feel frustrated and start quitting, again.

All these crutches you see in the game are there for a reason, to help players alleviate the burden of having to grind long hours for loot. A lower level with a few Kubaz/Ithorians and a few starships can easily be a headache for a full lv10 with coffers full. Don't want baby bases stealing your loot like that? Well then you better stop picking on them and giving them revenge opportunities on your base.

When I get looted like that by a say a level 8, they get a loot bonus too, so they can take up to 1.5 million in resources and over 30k of contraband... don't tell me that's not enough to help fund a few upgrades and keep on attacking?

The way the game is set, the only way one can aspire to defensive wins anymore is either get hit by lower levels OR get hit by someone at your level having a bad day. Offense is definitely more prominent now than defense is. There are so many counters out there.

I don't need one, because i already gave you a different one, which would keep everybody happy.

Do you have any idea how seriously impossible it is to get and keep some contraband for the average casual player at the higher levels? So you do everything to protect it. Build up your defenses, try different setups, and then it starts to work. You win!. and again! (WoW those speeder bikes ARE good! ) ... but wait... i still just lost my resources, twice...
Conclusion: Having a good defense makes it worse. By 2, 3 times.

WoW what a great game!

There is no denying people will leave for that just the same. Besides the ridiculous waiting times at higher levels.

Not everybody likes to attack, attack and attack again to get some resources but we all would like to be happy with a defensive win, especially when our coffers are full. Right?

Why spoil the fun in one part, just to add some elsewhere in ill hopes to keep everybody playing. If that's really the goal; as i said, give them the loot, but let the winner keep it too. (would be a boost for the economy as well) - to me its just another way to make you "pay" for playing. (literally too :P )

They manage to take double the medals, why not give double the resources :P

BTW i'm not such casual player, but my squad has quite a few ;)
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

syncpan77
Major General

Post#13 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:20 pm

DarthRommel wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:So tell me what solution you have for when people stop attacking bases they know they can't possibly beat, and knowing they won't get to take home any loot either? Defensive wins will be a thing of the past. All the top dawg players will begin to attack down more than ever. Lower levels will not be able to hold any loot from repeated attacks by higher levels. Higher levels will have maxed vaults all the time as very few will dare try and loot them, while the lower levels will feel frustrated and start quitting, again.

I don't need one, because i already gave you a different one, which would keep everybody happy.

Do you have any idea how seriously impossible it is to get and keep some contraband for the average casual player at the higher levels? So you do everything to protect it. Build up your defenses, try different setups, and then it starts to work. You win!. and again! (WoW those speeder bikes ARE good! ) ... but wait... i still just lost my resources, twice...
Conclusion: Having a good defense makes it worse. By 2, 3 times.

WoW what a great game!

There is no denying people will leave for that just the same. Besides the ridiculous waiting times at higher levels.

Not everybody likes to attack, attack and attack again to get some resources but we all would like to be happy with a defensive win, especially when our coffers are full. Right?

Why spoil the fun in one part, just to add some elsewhere in ill hopes to keep everybody playing. If that's really the goal; as i said, give them the loot, but let the winner keep it too. (would be a boost for the economy as well) - to me its just another way to make you "pay" for playing. (literally too :P )

They manage to take double the medals, why not give double the resources :P

BTW i'm not such casual player, but my squad has quite a few ;)

So in essence you want this game to become like Farmville where you just seed and harvest your own goods without having to take any from others or vice versa?

It's a war game dude...

I know what it's like to grind for resources, I have a nearly maxed out base, I did all my turrets in the span of about 6 weeks. Wanna know the secret? Attack those big bases, the top leaderboard squads, they have tons of loot where hitting two or three of them gets you enough for an upgrade. No need to spend days grinding and hoping no one will deplete you if you can get it in a few attacks and upgrade immediately.

It's hard, but it's not THAT hard.
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#14 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:04 pm

syncpan77 wrote:So in essence you want this game to become like Farmville where you just seed and harvest your own goods without having to take any from others or vice versa?

It's a war game dude...

I know what it's like to grind for resources, I have a nearly maxed out base, I did all my turrets in the span of about 6 weeks. Wanna know the secret? Attack those big bases, the top leaderboard squads, they have tons of loot where hitting two or three of them gets you enough for an upgrade. No need to spend days grinding and hoping no one will deplete you if you can get it in a few attacks and upgrade immediately.

It's hard, but it's not THAT hard.

Ever heard of the word "exaggerate" ?
There is a HUGE difference between not attacking but farming (which, should be possible for those who like to, i think) and attacking 10-20 times a day, every day.

I do grind. I did upgrade my oppressor to level 3 within a week of finnishing my HQ upgrade to level 9.

But some of my squad mates can't even get and keep the CB needed to build it. Just because they can't play all that much and if they do, its all gone in the few days before they get to continue, and they are not such great heroes at the game either. Just like a million more.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:32 pm

DarthRommel wrote:
There is a HUGE difference between not attacking but farming (which, should be possible for those who like to, i think) and attacking 10-20 times a day, every day.

I do grind. I did upgrade my oppressor to level 3 within a week of finnishing my HQ upgrade to level 9.

But some of my squad mates can't even get and keep the CB needed to build it. Just because they can't play all that much and if they do, its all gone in the few days before they get to continue, and they are not such great heroes at the game either. Just like a million more.

Unfortunately Rommel, that's exactly what Disney wants, is for you to play and play and feel as if there's no hope. They play on people's desperation in order to get them to spend money, buy crystals, and speed up those upgrades (or buy resource packets if they can't loot) in order for them to progress.

If we could keep our loot against looters that lose that would be splendid, but I'm afraid people would play less, invest less time in this game and it would become an even bigger bore.

Actually, what you say might actually help Disney squeeze every last penny out of lower level players, but they have to be careful not to squeeze too much cause beginners will quickly leave. A longtime player is more hesitant to leave, even under severe adversity, cause they're already hooked. So Disney want's to make it 'easy' for newcomers to cruise through the game, only at first though. Once they're hooked, then they start pilling on the pressure and hopefully making them start spending money on the game.

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#16 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 am

syncpan77 wrote:
DarthRommel wrote:

Unfortunately Rommel, that's exactly what Disney wants, is for you to play and play and feel as if there's no hope. They play on people's desperation in order to get them to spend money, buy crystals, and speed up those upgrades (or buy resource packets if they can't loot) in order for them to progress.

If we could keep our loot against looters that lose that would be splendid, but I'm afraid people would play less, invest less time in this game and it would become an even bigger bore.

Actually, what you say might actually help Disney squeeze every last penny out of lower level players, but they have to be careful not to squeeze too much cause beginners will quickly leave. A longtime player is more hesitant to leave, even under severe adversity, cause they're already hooked. So Disney want's to make it 'easy' for newcomers to cruise through the game, only at first though. Once they're hooked, then they start pilling on the pressure and hopefully making them start spending money on the game.

I'm afraid you're right. Except for the boredom. Winning a lot with Squad War, and therefor huge resource rewards, actually brought the fun back for some. To bad it's likely to stop, when we reach a little higher.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#17 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:47 am

Ragnaros wrote:Yeah, there is also an apparent pay wall at level 9-10 now. Going from 8+ now is impossible even with grinding for several hours only to get rolled before being able to afford a single upgrade. Even with level 10 bikes in the sc, my base is defenseless against hailfire droid med combo or kessen sniping my sc. Game has become unplayable and all 8+ level players are ready to quit.

When you upgrade to a new level, wins suddenly become much harder, especially from level 9 onwards. The amount of resources needed to upgrade are huge compared to what you are used to, and the wait times for the upgrades are even worse (and when you get to level 10, even more so).

But, once you get your research lab sorted and your better units at the new level, the game becomes much easier again, then after a while you can hit bases higher than yours again.

My top tip for the early upgrades is to be in a squad that regularly participates in Squad Wars, (and preferably regularly wins them). Squad War win rewards help Enormously with the first few upgrades.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Richaldo
Major General

Post#18 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 am

I'm HQ 10... mostly upgraded bar a few walls, 8 turrets and 4 gold gens........

Squad Nameless or Mauraders Delta hit me EVERY night with Kessen....... snipe my SC with the non starwars character, then rolls in, normally with full air and their SC............. roll in with Snipers and Lugga..... it must cost them more in crystals than I spend in a week hahaha!

Utterly shameless. .... I've rebuilt my base about 20 odd times the last few months.. but now........ now screw it... let them come, let them get their win bonus for the most boring, insulting, tedious attack........let them come.......

Personally for anyone out there still interested in either Star Wars or Gaming in general....... please don't use this pathetic excuse for a tactic... it's a joke.

Kessen basically makes the following utterly pointless in defense:
- Shields (4 passed through to hit SC)
- Dekka (activate, target, kill.... lame)
- Squad Centre - see previous....... mine hasn't activated in 2 months lol! ! ! !
- My desire to give a flying f**k about this game and invest........

Rich out. Rant over. Rage... (backs off waiting for the inevitable backlash............)
Richaldo. SITh
100000 Medals... Maxed out madman ...

Ragnaros
Commander

Post#19 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:28 am

Do level 10 empire bases ever win? I have lost the last 15 attacks on my base without fail. Kessen, medic combo, u know the drill. Bout to give up or possibly start a rebel base from scratch. If you cant beat'em... will try this kessen and medic combo to see how OP it is...
HQ10 Ragnaros
Android/IOS
Imperial Squad: AncientWarriors
-
HQ7 Flip
Android/IOS
Rebel Squad: Havoc_Legends

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#20 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Ragnaros, By all means come and join the Rebellion. But be warned, my friend, it may not be as easy as you think.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Return to “Defending Rivals”