Winning = Losing

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
QuanDanner
Captain

Winning = Losing

Post#1 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:55 am

I believe that if a player attacks another and loses the attack (no stars) then all of the items that they took (coins, alloy, etc) should be returned to the player who successfully defended their base.

Why should players lose their goods for winning a defense....
Requested My Account Banned - Disney Complied- No Longer Playing - Goodbye

Chingoncito
Commander

Re: Winning = Losing

Post#2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 am

lol
:shock: Killing Panochas all day :shock:

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:57 am

Resource gains in a loss ameliorate losing. It means the players have an incentive to try again. Raiding for resources also adds another element to the game. Although being taken for 600,000 alloy in a defence 'win' was pretty annoying.

Also raid wins/losses are capped at a percentage of your total alloy/credits/contraband. If you upgrade your depots to the max, the attacker gets fewer of your resources on each raid.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:18 am

I agree. You get punnished for winning defense by the game this way.
There should be no loot for losers. That should be enough incentive to try again, but win this time :P

Really its stupid to win 3x in a row to get beaten the 4th time and lose 3/4 of your resources in the process. Most noteably, contraband.

It just makes players put their HQ and safehouse for grabs.
"Here, take it, and give me my protection"
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

Ragnaros
Commander

Post#5 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Yeah, there is also an apparent pay wall at level 9-10 now. Going from 8+ now is impossible even with grinding for several hours only to get rolled before being able to afford a single upgrade. Even with level 10 bikes in the sc, my base is defenseless against hailfire droid med combo or kessen sniping my sc. Game has become unplayable and all 8+ level players are ready to quit.
HQ10 Ragnaros
Android/IOS
Imperial Squad: AncientWarriors
-
HQ7 Flip
Android/IOS
Rebel Squad: Havoc_Legends

syncpan77
Major General

Post#6 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:14 pm

This is a very bad idea cause at a certain level you will have a lot of trouble winning battles, hence you will be in a slump of not being able to upgrade or even funding your own attacks.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:08 am

syncpan77 wrote:This is a very bad idea cause at a certain level you will have a lot of trouble winning battles, hence you will be in a slump of not being able to upgrade or even funding your own attacks.

That's a 2 sided blade.

After all the trouble winning battles, a bunch of loosers takes your hard fought resources away. Still in a slump of not being able to upgrade or fund attacks.

If the developers are so keen on loosers getting loot, give it to them, but let the winner keep his!

There isn't even any fun in winning defenses a lot this way... not at all. Isn't this game supposed to be FUN!?!?

Ragnaros
Commander

Post#8 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 am

Good call, DR. Everyone should win. The game will continue to progress, users will enjoy the game. Brilliant idea!
HQ10 Ragnaros
Android/IOS
Imperial Squad: AncientWarriors
-
HQ7 Flip
Android/IOS
Rebel Squad: Havoc_Legends

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#9 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:26 am

While I agree with much of Quan's point, the devs want to keep everybody playing. Lots of people would quit if they got absolutely nothing from their losses. And they know many of the rest of are suckers who will just play all the more to make up for the loot we lose in won defenses. So it's not so much about fun as it is about keeping playing (and thus paying) the game.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#10 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:46 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:While I agree with much of Quan's point, the devs want to keep everybody playing. Lots of people would quit if they got absolutely nothing from their losses. And they know many of the rest of are suckers who will just play all the more to make up for the loot we lose in won defenses. So it's not so much about fun as it is about keeping playing (and thus paying) the game.

I'm pretty sure people are leaving now because it doesn't matter what you do, you're gonna loose (loot)
Maybe less then otherwise, but what kind of calculation is that?

Why not make everybody happy and let everybody have fun?

When people loose, ok, give them the loot, but as i said before, let the winner keep it.
Another thing is resource gathering. Although i understand the choice for having people come online to collect resources frequently, a system which automatically transfers it to your depots would make 'abandoned' bases the richest of all, instead of the poorest (& there are way many of those ...). There would simply be much more loot to gain, without annoying everybody.

Return to “Defending Rivals”