Suggestions for level 6 Rebel base?

Tips and Strategies for Defending Rivals.
LDeVose2
Commodore

Re: Suggestions for level 6 Rebel base?

Post#11 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:31 am

Kilroy73 wrote:any good current lvl 6 base layouts? I'm currently a nearly maxed out lvl 5, and I'm currently getting my rear end handed too me. I'm having issue with match ups though I am being paired up against Mid/upper lvl 9's and 10's during defensive battles, and they're looting me blind, and have knocked my Medal ranking WAY down. I am also receiving CNFO's most of the time, (Nothing but CNFO's on Yavin 4, I spent 3 weeks stranded there; only rescued when I contacted Disney and got credited some crystals so that I could move back to Tatooine) so I am looking to up my base's defensive layout so that I can try and keep some of my currency and continue making upgrades when possible.

Don't worry about the losses or even the medals for that matter. They will come. They will grow. Focus on winning attacks - even with one star. Continue to upgrade troops, building and equipment.

I was on Yavin 4, and got out of there pretty quickly after a series of defeats in attacks. When I get a series of offensive defeats, like around five, or they start coming three out of four, I find my way back to Tatooine to regroup. This is where I am now. The tradeoff is higher yields with more defeats on Dandoran and Yavin 4 or lower yields with more victories on Tatooine. This is also why I save my found and awarded crystals. I save them to correct planet choice errors if I cannot string together enough victories.

Focus on the things that you do not lose. Wins. Losses and percentages don't even register. Use them only to gauge what changes are needed. You may need to upgrade. You may need to change your deployment strategy. This game is designed to make you think strategically at least on a checkers or othello player's level (me). If you see a repeated base layout that is clearly representative of an increased level of difficulty, then work to develop the strategy that defeats it. It will take a while, but once you do, you will not be able to lose - until your level of play affects the matchup coding.

With the defenses, you will see these increase by two means. First, as another player said, make sure you are in a supportive AND active squad. If the members are active but not supportive, then you will always have an empty squad center with no one to defend the base when you are absent. If the squad is supportive but not active, then there will never be anyone around to donate troops, and the same thing will happen - empty squad center. Second, make sure you are upgrading everything in sight. There is absolutely no substitute for this.

Above all, have fun! The wins will come! One of the things that I really like about this game is that a defeat in base defense does not mean I start all over again. By the way, pay attention to which forces are doing you in. We rebels are being wiped out consistently by the Elite (hero level) AT-AT. Once they show up with their repair drone, we know it's a wrap - at least at level 6. However, as my squad mates and I continue to upgrade, we do better against even this menace. I think I have read here that the empire is driven to distraction by the rebels' heavy soldiers with medic droids. Watching how your most destructive nemesis attacks can give you a clue as to how to defeat them - even if it is at a higher level.

And continue to ask questions here when you get into a frustrating jam. Sometimes even commiserating is encouraging. You start to see that at your level, others faced the same seemingly impenetrable wall, yet they are writing at two and three levels above your own.

I have said too much. Have fun, be patient, be patient, have fun and have fun.
In-Game Name - Eulippia Prime
Windows 10
Current Base Level ~ 7

Faction - Rebel
Current Rank ~ 7
Squad - Eulippia
Squad Position - Leader
Squad Status -
OPEN

How to Join - OPEN

skywalker1300

Post#12 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:09 pm

A good strategy is to have good troops in the squad center.
JOIN my squad strabbs I have over 1,500 medals just because they donate such good troops.
Everyone who is on is like you, level 5, 6, and 7

Also don't protect useless buildings like barracks. (You probably know that.)

TrashHeap
Commander

Post#13 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Kilroy73 wrote:any good current lvl 6 base layouts? I'm currently a nearly maxed out lvl 5, and I'm currently getting my rear end handed too me. I'm having issue with match ups though I am being paired up against Mid/upper lvl 9's and 10's during defensive battles, and they're looting me blind, and have knocked my Medal ranking WAY down. I am also receiving CNFO's most of the time, (Nothing but CNFO's on Yavin 4, I spent 3 weeks stranded there; only rescued when I contacted Disney and got credited some crystals so that I could move back to Tatooine) so I am looking to up my base's defensive layout so that I can try and keep some of my currency and continue making upgrades when possible.

If you are a level 6 base, there is nothing you can do against a force of lvl 9's or 10's. If you put your turrets in a circle, and place all your traps in that circle. Then your opponent (with a level 9 or level 10 force) was to spawn in the middle of the circle, you still will lose. Health and Damage of attacking force just out weighs the health and damage of your defensive buildings and traps.

It's very frustrating but apparently it is part of the game. Hope I get to attack some smaller bases and get easy points down the road. It hasn't happen yet to me yet.

Right now I am at a Level 6. I just got done attacking a level 7 base. Didn't get 100% but I did get almost 200,000 credits.

If I can't get the medals then I will take the resources.
3 Accounts
1. IOS, Trash Heap, Rebels, Han's Scoundrels, HQ Lvl = 5
2. Windows 10, Trash_Heap, Empire, Squad Watto's Shop, HQ Lvl = 6
3. Windows 10, Big_Guy: Empire, HQ Lvl = 3

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#14 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Trash heap said it best. I believe that lvl 6 and 7 are the hardest if you have medals. Attack way up with wimpy troops, and defend from above with weak (and fewer) turrets. get out of there as soon as possible and always have your troops researching.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Stormwatch
Lieutenant

Post#15 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:55 am

I started out leveling up my hq so I could have more bldgs, etc. And was getting creamed in combat.

So I settled in for the long game at lev 6, and upgraded everything I owned to lev 6. Now I always win Heroic Defenses with 3 stars and enough player attacks to discourage them from coming back.
I also almost always win my player attacks with 100% destruction.

This is the base design I'm using. There's still room for the lev 7 turrets and traps in the top corner. It's designed to funnel attackers into a bottom center kill zone. What you don't see from this pic is that I left the rocks and rubble on the outside right & left side to hinder troops landing there as well.

Lev 6 Base.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pirate
Major General

Post#16 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 am

Threads are always funny in hindsight, especially when they are this old.

Phoenix - did you ever make it through level 6? Were you able to keep a few medals?
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “Defending Rivals”